• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force - The Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Not gonna write an essay. Brumbies too good. too strong. im supporting them through the finals. would much rather see ACT win then NSW every day of the week.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's just a shame that both teams couldn't advance after this game...........

One of my non-Brumby highlights from the year was watching the Badger score tries against the Tahs........ ;)

M

Moono75

Of course anyone thinking the Brrumbies desrved to win is a complete tool

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bad luck Force. Keep iy going into the future. The Reds, Brumbies and Tahs have all had break out seasons and then gone onto bigger things the next season. The trend looks positive for you blokes next year.

The Force's step up has been an great positive for Aussie Rugby this year.

Congratulations on a great year.
Not a Force supporter but I enjoyed the ride.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Well done Force. It was great to see some of the Force joining the Brumbies after the game finished to,shake hands with some of us stupid enough to brave the cold. Brumbies were always going to be ruthless both in attack and defence tonight. Didn't expect that many tries though. Looking forward to watching the replay tomorrow with a clearer head.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A highlanders win with no BP and the Sharks losing with no BP will have the Brumbies go to Dunedin.

A highlanders win with a BP and the Sharks losing with no BP will have the Brumbies travel to Christchurch

Yeah but Highlanders ain't gonna win, are they? Or are they? Gotta say I'm a bit nervous about this one, we're only 4/7 at home which is pretty fucking awful really & the Clan don't seem to care whether they're at home or away they just give it heaps. In the end though I think we've got more depth where it counts & will get the job done. I don't care by how much but obviously a BP, 2nd & a week off is preferable.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Bad luck to the Force. If both teams weren't going to make it at least the winner played themselves into form. If the brumbies got thrashed I would be gutted but at the same time happy for the force going into the finals with some momentum.

But trust me, as a brumbies supporter I know how disappointing it is to come do close. It wasn't so long ago that the Brums needed one point at home against the wooden spooning Blues and they lost woefully.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think we can look back at some games and see why we didn't make the finals. We didn't show up against the blues but at the end of the day you need bonus points to make it. Simply wining more games then other teams isn't enough. It's not about winning. It's how you win.

What a year though. With big wins over the highlanders (in NZ) the waratahs and the Chiefs it shows how far we have come. Majority of weekends and Mondays I had a smile on my face. Cheers to the force!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Have to say that this match thread during the game was perhaps the worst I've seen on GAGR. No updated scores along the way, and very little commentary on the game as it played out. And 2 out of 3 posts were just Shiggins complaining about the ref/Brumbies. But I have to plead guilty myself - I was too wrapped up in the game and trying to find breaks to scan the thread that I didn't offer any comments/insight as well.

Thought the Brumbies altered their game plan enough to nullify the Force strengths at the breakdown. Hodgson very quiet and have to say I didn't see any impact from Ben McCalman all game. Wykes again strong for the Force, but Carter/Power had the better of the second rows. Matt To'omua and Henry Speight were stand outs.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Good win by the Brumbies. Good luck in the finals Brumbies fans. Wish we were there with you.

Thanks for the kind words from all.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
A highlanders win with no BP and the Sharks losing with no BP will have the Brumbies go to Dunedin.

Not so sure about that. Sharks can't finish below 3rd as they are top of their conference and automatic. Brumbies won't finish 6th as Chiefs are already below us. Looks like we will be 4th or 5th depending on results ... I think o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.