• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force - The Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabiged

Stan Wickham (3)
Congrats to the Brumbies on a great win. They were excellent at nullifying Hodgson and McCalman in the loose and dominating our backs through To'omua and Speight. Why we didn't start Matthewson and Ebersohn I will never know. I think it would have been a travesty if the force had made the finals at the expense of the brumbies after last night. The best team won on the night and I don't think there is a force supporter anywhere in WA that will not be supporting the ponies next week.

On a completely separate note, and I want in no way for this to detract from the fact that the brumbies were superior last night, but I really do not like the way Walsh reffed the game. Both teams were pulled back for fairly minor infringements (force got two penalties before the scrum was even set, and the brumbies penalty directly in front of goals for Pek Cowans clean out was ridiculous). In a game when both teams were trying to play open and expansive rugby, it seemed Walsh did everything he could to slow the game down. I felt the spectacle of the night was lessened by his pedantic interpretation of the game.

Good luck to the Brumbies next week.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Congrats to the Brumbies on a great win. They were excellent at nullifying Hodgson and McCalman in the loose and dominating our backs through To'omua and Speight. Why we didn't start Matthewson and Ebersohn I will never know. I think it would have been a travesty if the force had made the finals at the expense of the brumbies after last night. The best team won on the night and I don't think there is a force supporter anywhere in WA that will not be supporting the ponies next week.

On a completely separate note, and I want in no way for this to detract from the fact that the brumbies were superior last night, but I really do not like the way Walsh reffed the game. Both teams were pulled back for fairly minor infringements (force got two penalties before the scrum was even set, and the brumbies penalty directly in front of goals for Pek Cowans clean out was ridiculous). In a game when both teams were trying to play open and expansive rugby, it seemed Walsh did everything he could to slow the game down. I felt the spectacle of the night was lessened by his pedantic interpretation of the game.

Good luck to the Brumbies next week.
Wasn't Hollywoods best night. But overall this season I think his been good. Usually he makes good calls last night he was off bit nit picking

M

Moono75

Thanks Force for an enjoyable ride in 2014. It was fun while it lasted. Good luck to the Brumbies in their finals campaign.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not so sure about that. Sharks can't finish below 3rd as they are top of their conference and automatic. Brumbies won't finish 6th as Chiefs are already below us. Looks like we will be 4th or 5th depending on results . I think o_O

In that scenario the Highlanders would've finished a top the NZ conference and gone to third and pushed Saders to 4th and Sharks up to 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.