• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force - The Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Nothing to lose. When expectations were minor to begin with everything achieved this year has brought joy to us Force fans. We are content but happy to see what else there is.

On the other hand teams like the Tahs & Brumbies started the season with talk of finals and championships. You guys screw up this season and it is truly yet another calamity.
Bollocks Moono. The Tahs might talk their season up at the beginning of the year, but the Brumbies do no such thing. After the list of injuries that we've suffered throughout the season, we're just happy that we're still in the mix.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Win, lose or draw in this game, nothing can take that away from the Force. You are talking absolute shit mate. The Brumbies are only a couple of years out of their own turmoil and nobody denied the respect they earned in 2012, despite falling over against the Blues in the last round. Nobody denied the Brumbies the respect they eaned last year despite not getting the job done against the Chiefs in the final.

Don't bring logic to my thoughtless post :) I was just trying to stir up excitement and some responses.

Tomikin shut your mouth!! You've had a few too many responses in this thread already and the game hasn't even started. You sound like your threatened and nervous. just wait for the result clown.

Maybe we should start match day threads after games and just post results...

Im not nervous at all, it be a cracking game :) ..

M

Moono75

Bollocks Moono. The Tahs might talk their season up at the beginning of the year, but the Brumbies do no such thing. After the list of injuries that we've suffered throughout the season, we're just happy that we're still in the mix.

I think you'll find that most commentators tipped the Brumbies and Tahs to be up there competing for the finals. In contrast the Force were tipped by pretty much every media outlet and person on the street to be the cellar dwellers. What expectations the team had for their own performance for the year is irrelevant. I don't know too many teams that come out and proclaim they will be the champions. Every team has injuries....it's not a get out of jail free card for the pressure of living up to expectations.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The Force have fucking brought it this year, and anyone who says they haven't, or that the haven't proven anything, can probably line up (over there, near the giant sign that says "Dipshits report here") and take it in turns to fuck off.

I think the Brumbies fans here should probably back off based on a few facts like their for/against and the fact that, despite a backline that should mostly walk into the Wallabies (according to their fans, anyway) they only scored 3 x 4 try BPs all season.

You played Jakeball and leaked nearly as many points as you scored!

M

Moono75

Win, lose or draw, the performance of the Force this year, based on anyone's KPI's set at the start of the year, would see us getting a call from the top management and told 'well f@rken done, here's that $5,000,000 bonus......you earned it!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
God I'm getting nervous. Such a big game. Come on the blues first!!!

I don't think the force can do it in Canberra. The ponies are well rested and have a bloody good side on paper. Let's hope they are underdone!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
If it wasn't for bonus points the top 6 would be

Tahs on 44
Crusaders on 40
Sharks on 40
Brumbies on 36
Force on 36
Highlanders-chiefs-hurricanes on 32

M

Moono75

God I'm getting nervous. Such a big game. Come on the blues first!!!

I don't think the force can do it in Canberra. The ponies are well rested and have a bloody good side on paper. Let's hope they are underdone!

Brumbies = Steak Tartare.....underdone ;)

T

tranquility

Not sure who I am tipping in this, but the fact that the wheels haven't fallen off for the Force is massively encouraging. In years gone by the depth has been threadbare. The fact that you are without so many of literally your top players, bodes very well for future season and all but ensures this season won't just be a flash in the pan. Losing the badger of course is not ideal.

M

Moono75

If it wasn't for bonus points the top 6 would be

Tahs on 44
Crusaders on 40
Sharks on 40
Brumbies on 36
Force on 36
Highlanders-chiefs-hurricanes on 32

Maybe they should look at increasing the points for a win to 5 so that bonus points don't have as much of an influence. The reward and importance for winning a game should be paramount.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Off topic, but I've always wondered about the rationale for awarding bonus points to a losing side. Why tf should a loser be so rewarded. Not in recognition of playing open, attractive rugby that's certain. In close games the side behind on the scoreboard will take a kick for goal to keep the score difference below 8 if awarded a penalty towards the end of a game. Should be more than sufficient reward for a losing side to get a bonus point if they score 4 or more tries.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In close games the side behind on the scoreboard will take a kick for goal to keep the score difference below 8 if awarded a penalty towards the end of a game. Should be more than sufficient reward for a losing side to get a bonus point if they score 4 or more tries.

Conversely, a team leads the game for 80 minutes and get beaten by a penalty on the bell. The reward is recognition for a close game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm fine with the points system. The losing bonus points encourage more attacking rugby so they should stay. At the end of the day you need to win as many as you can while racking up as many points as you can. It's pretty simple.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, with the Blues sucking a pile of arse in shit conditions tonight, to get three Aussie teams into the final we need Brumbies and Force to play a tryfest with a close result...

And the Crusaders to hammer the Highlanders... But then that gives the Crusaders 2nd spot guaranteed instead of the Sharks having a chance at it...

So fuck getting three teams in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom