• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Round 1 fixtures:
Vikings vs St. Edmunds, Friday Night, May 3rd, 7:30pm, @ Viking Park

Rest games all on Saturday, May 4th, 3:00pm
ADFA vs Daramalan, @ ADFA
Grammar vs Wests, @ Grammar
Marist vs Uni-Norths, @ Marist

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Also tomorrow
Griffith Ovals 1 (East's Homeground)
11:30am
ACT PRESIDENTS XV VS CHRISTCHURCH BOYS HIGH SCHOOL

Daniel Denton

Stan Wickham (3)
I don't believe either of those two will make the Australian Schoolboys. Lomax is a massive fella, maybe he could puss for a prop position. However, it seems as though Tomane is no good when put under pressure. Like all big men, he needs to build his speed before he can do some damage. If teams rush up on him, he doesn't do much. No doubt NSW and Qld will both exploit this fault.

Christchurch Boys High apparently smashed the ACT XV. Not a good sign for them, however Paragalli was missing from the team. He is one genuine chance for Aus Schoolboys.

And in response to possible threats, it seems Dara could be a threat. Their Year 12 age group did lose narrowly in the grand final when they were in Under 16s in 2011, however they'll lack any depth. Marist of course are a threat, and Norths have a large number of Islander boys, so they will be big. It just depends on how well coached they are.

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
There were no players from Grammar or Marist and Keith Morgan Jr and Beau Donovan both from St. Edmunds were out with injury. Both those two players are near guarantees to make the ACT Schoolboys team. If anyone got to actually watch the match it would be nice to see what they thought of it..

jamey jones

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks Guru, those selections only confirm my beleif that Eddies will be too strong this year. Where has Tomane come from and what year is he in?

Eddies 1st 15 team finalised for 2013;
1. Tyrell Lomax: 125kg born in New Zealand
2. John Pene: 120kg born in Fiji
3. Folau Fifita: 115kg born in Tonga
4. Pearcey: 110 born in Aus
5.Arlen Burger; 105kg born in South Africa
6.Seb Rush ?
7. Andrew Fifita 105 kg born in Tonga
8. Brandon Williams/Tim Reeves Brandon: 130kg born in Aus Tim Reeves: 110kg born in Samoa
9. Brendan Trudgen/ Mitchel Douche both around 90kg and born in Aus
10. Hugo Mahoney/Brendan Trudgen/Rabs all around 90kg and Aus
11. Semisi Rockockoko/DoucheSemis 90kg born in fiji
12. Jason Tomane 120kg Born in samoa
13. Rabs/Jr Morgan jr born in aus
14. Douche/Jeremy Taylor
15.BEau Donovan

Manny islander imports this season

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
6.Seb Rush ?
8. Brandon Williams/Tim Reeves Brandon: 130kg born in Aus Tim Reeves: 110kg born in Samoa
14. Douche/Jeremy Taylor
15.BEau Donovan

This is laughable, get some facts instead of posting ridiculous stuff like this.

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
What exactly do you find laughable? The team itself or the fact that over half are born in the Pacific Islands somewhere? I find that incredible.
The exaggeration of the playing weights. 10kg+ exaggerations on most players bar the front row. Not sure on legitimacy of the places of birth either, I think you'd find alot of the islander players were born in Australia/NZ.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The exaggeration of the playing weights. 10kg+ exaggerations on most players bar the front row. Not sure on legitimacy of the places of birth either, I think you'd find alot of the islander players were born in Australia/NZ.

I would have thought that to be the case. Do the Islander community have an attachment to Eddies in particular, there seems to be so many that do their schooling there?

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
I would have thought that to be the case. Do the Islander community have an attachment to Eddies in particular, there seems to be so many that do their schooling there?
Yeah there is definite exaggerations there. Not sure, it sure makes for a good 1st XV though.

Daniel Denton

Stan Wickham (3)
I'd have to say that the feedback I have received from the Presidents XV is that Mitchell Douch and Jordan Hope were the two stand outs, which causes a lot of speculation as to whether Brendan Trudgen will make the team. I didn't get to see the match, however, I've been told they'd be the obvious choice in the halves. Many believe Brendan wouldn't have a chance if it weren't for his parents influence. Kelly (mother) is the manager for the First XV.

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
I'd have to say that the feedback I have received from the Presidents XV is that Mitchell Douch and Jordan Hope were the two stand outs, which causes a lot of speculation as to whether Brendan Trudgen will make the team. I didn't get to see the match, however, I've been told they'd be the obvious choice in the halves. Many believe Brendan wouldn't have a chance if it weren't for his parents influence. Kelly (mother) is the manager for the First XV.
Hmmm, very interesting. I'd say from watching the game the stand out was definitely Seth Going at fullback.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
6.Seb Rush ?
14. Douche/Jeremy Taylor
15.BEau Donovan

:eek: That's Joe Tomane little brother isn't it? How does he move because that's bloody enormous for a schoolboy centre. Tell me the Brumbies have him signed up.

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Any body got any predictions for Saturday. I expect Eddies should win comfortably, Dara shout beat ADFA, Grammar and Wests might be tight but I expect Grammar to come out on top and who knows with Marist and Norths.

Stephen Roland

Bob McCowan (2)
With St Edmunds recent win against St Augustines it seems that eddies will once again be to strong in the ACT comp. Despite having a weakened team with up to 10 regular first XV players out with injury, St edmunds was much the stronger side against Augustines. From what I hear it looked much like the St edmunds of old. Expect them to serious contenders in this years waratah shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.