• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 Competition & ACT Schools XV 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiler

Frank Row (1)
Darra got up over Marist as expected but in a tight game. Maybe Royals will be the surprise packet? Glad Young are in, hopefully they keep going even if results go south! Eddies had tough trip in Japan so maybe not as strong as thought.

donna.hoff

Frank Row (1)
Eddies shut down their doubters this year with a well earned 30 - 14 victory over Marist this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liferugby

Frank Row (1)
Marist unlucky to lose to an Eddies team that lacked physicality during the game except for the 2 ruckases that they started. 15 for eddies was strong as well as 10. Marist 10 was MVP in my eyes. Eddies number 3 got his bell rung during the first push and shove between the teams, he should've been dragged. On a positive note the rugby across the day showed that this rivalry is not dead

Micheal Carter

Frank Row (1)
Eddies shut down their doubters this year with a well earned 30 - 14 victory over Marist this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very well said Donna.hoff, i dont believe that eddies have been given the wraps in which they deserve, looking forward to another great season by the ever so dangerous St edmunds

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
Marist unlucky to lose to an Eddies team that lacked physicality during the game except for the 2 ruckases that they started. 15 for eddies was strong as well as 10. Marist 10 was MVP in my eyes. Eddies number 3 got his bell rung during the first push and shove between the teams, he should've been dragged. On a positive note the rugby across the day showed that this rivalry is not dead

Agree that Eddies lacked physicality during the game. What I cannot agree with is that you said the MVP was the Marist 10. It was quite clear in my eyes that the two stand outs were the Marist players wearing jerseys 5 and 14, big future for 14 IMO. Off the back of this game, I expect a Marist dominated ACT Schoolboys side and maybe a couple of them pushing for Australia spots.

Michael Sinclair

Frank Row (1)
Obviously a very tough encounter we saw at Marist on Saturday. Very physical game from both sides. Marist left plenty of points out there on the field right from the first 2 minutes. Wouldn't say 5 and 14 were standouts, both destructive in their own way with the ball and without. 10 was definitely good for Marist and a standout. Both teams 8s were excellent along with the eddies 10 and 15. Looking forward to another cracking match between these two teams later on in the season!

Micheal Carter

Frank Row (1)
Extremely keen for some Junior ACT rugby this weekend with two very critical and exciting fixtures set to take place. First up we have the ever so unpredictable Marist side who will be looking to stamp their footprint in this years competition with an enormous game against the Vikings, this one should be a cracker. However in saying this, my personal game of the round will have to go to Grammar V Eddies, i look forward to seeing the battle between these two schools, with the Eddies boys coming out trumps

Out of the woodwork

Allen Oxlade (6)
What's going on with Royals? Our young blokes seem to have fallen away badly this year after cleaning up the under 15s a couple of years ago and making the 16s decider last year?

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
What's going on with Royals? Our young blokes seem to have fallen away badly this year after cleaning up the under 15s a couple of years ago and making the 16s decider last year?

Not quite sure outofthewoodwork, they seemed to put up quite a fight against the eddies lads last week. I'd go as far to say that they were dominant for parts of the match judging by the scoreline ..

Oliver Blaney-Brown

Frank Row (1)
Really keen for some Opens footy this coming Saturday. Expecting Marist to pull off an upset victory as they've been working hard in the sheds this week. Grammar have a chance to really turn up the heat against Eddies who appear to be missing several key players. Expecting a bloodbath with several players leaving the pitch worse for wear. Lots of fuel in this age-old rivalry, will be an absolute ripper of a game.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)

When you have a squad of 22 players with 6 out injured, two for the season it leaves you a little light on. Twice this year the boys have played short due to injuries.

BrumbyJacksMate

Peter Burge (5)
ACT team has been picked for 2016

Atkins, Tayn
Malisauskas, Caleb
Chan Tung, Tauati
Marshall, Nicholas
Field, Jayme
Monu, Dom
Gersekowski, Luke
Nicholls Jordan
Hancock, Charles
Osborne, Lachlan
Hansen, Mack
Pulefale, Siaosi
Hughes, Riley
Ross, Tom
Kaihea, Fred
Smith, Seamus
Katsogiannis, Nicholas
Soc Tai, Francis
Lonergan, Lachlan
Stokoe, William
Lonergan, Ryan
Turner, Riley
Love, Ben

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Big weekend of junior rugby ahead!
Grammar vs Marist in what looks like, the winner most likely to push for a finals appearance. Any tips or predictions?

And the top of the table, Dara and Eddies what a match that'll be!

Status
Not open for further replies.