• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 Competition & ACT Schools XV 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver Blaney-Brown

Frank Row (1)
What an interesting round of footy! I am disappointed I wasn't able to watch the Marist - Vikings match, as it sounds like it was a fantastic game. as for the Eddies - Grammar game, a standout from Eddies was the #7, who has consistently shown to be an elite footballer among his peers. was extremely impressed with the scrum-half for Grammar, with crisp passes and a devastating scoot. not surprised at the victory, but didn't expect it to blow out as much as it did.

for any fans of footy who might not have seen it, check out the Canberra Grammar School's 2016 Rugby highlight movie below:

Richard Albright

Frank Row (1)
What an interesting round of footy! I am disappointed I wasn't able to watch the Marist - Vikings match, as it sounds like it was a fantastic game. as for the Eddies - Grammar game, a standout from Eddies was the #7, who has consistently shown to be an elite footballer among his peers. was extremely impressed with the scrum-half for Grammar, with crisp passes and a devastating scoot. not surprised at the victory, but didn't expect it to blow out as much as it did.

for any fans of footy who might not have seen it, check out the Canberra Grammar School's 2016 Rugby highlight movie below:

The number 7??? I hardly saw him in that game, if anyone was half decent it would've been the 10 from Eddies, looked in control the whole game and dominated the play. Keen for the semi, although I feel I can see an upset coming from Marist, they always come strong for finals

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
The number 7??? I hardly saw him in that game, if anyone was half decent it would've been the 10 from Eddies, looked in control the whole game and dominated the play. Keen for the semi, although I feel I can see an upset coming from Marist, they always come strong for finals

I felt neither of those Eddies players particularly stood out. Instead it was Grammar's Brumbies u20 centre Will Stokoe who was the star performer for the round

Oliver Blaney-Brown

Frank Row (1)
I felt neither of those Eddies players particularly stood out. Instead it was Grammar's Brumbies u20 centre Will Stokoe who was the star performer for the round

I've seen Stokoe carve the defensive line like nothing else, but if I'm honest, Saturday wasn't a true impression of his talent as a footballer. Maybe he had an off game, got on the piss the night before, either way, he did not play nearly as well as he has in previous rounds.

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
I assume the Daramalan v Marist game is at Dara. Expecting a hotly contested match dominated by the two forward packs. Marist will want to shut down the time time and space of Dara's Mack Hansby - he is lightning quick. If Marist can get quality ball to their wingers, they should expect some tries, one of their wingers has impressed me with his consistent play and genuine finishing ability over the season.

Richard Albright

Frank Row (1)
What is everyone's pick this weekend? i can see Eddies going down in a shock loss to Vikings, but they've been close all year and Eddies has a few out due to injuries against Grammar. It will be a game of the flankers, and i think Vikings have Eddies in that category, the #7 is out of sorts, running with no confidence and looks to be a bit of a weak link for the eddies line up. But the big problem for Eddies is the #3, looks like he should be playing Thirds, maybe he's a fill in but he was dominated last week by a big grammar forward and i cannot see him being able to have an impact this weekend. As for the Dara Marist game, i feel the big redhead prop for Marist he is set for a big one against a small dara front pack compared to this Marist star. Good weekend of footy coming up.

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
What is everyone's pick this weekend? i can see Eddies going down in a shock loss to Vikings, but they've been close all year and Eddies has a few out due to injuries against Grammar. It will be a game of the flankers, and i think Vikings have Eddies in that category, the #7 is out of sorts, running with no confidence and looks to be a bit of a weak link for the eddies line up. But the big problem for Eddies is the #3, looks like he should be playing Thirds, maybe he's a fill in but he was dominated last week by a big grammar forward and i cannot see him being able to have an impact this weekend. As for the Dara Marist game, i feel the big redhead prop for Marist he is set for a big one against a small dara front pack compared to this Marist star. Good weekend of footy coming up.

I think I know the eddies number 3 you are talking about, he got his bell rung by against marist a few rounds back

Oliver Blaney-Brown

Frank Row (1)
@Richard Albright

Are you the father of a Viking's boy? It seems you have some sort of vendetta against the small blonde #7 from eddies. No one can deny his on the ground dominance, regardless of his small stature. While I do feel that his discipline needs to improve, he will have a blinder this weekend against a soft Viking's forward pack. Am keen for a good round of semi-finals footy.

Richard Albright

Frank Row (1)
@Richard Albright

Are you the father of a Viking's boy? It seems you have some sort of vendetta against the small blonde #7 from eddies. No one can deny his on the ground dominance, regardless of his small stature. While I do feel that his discipline needs to improve, he will have a blinder this weekend against a soft Viking's forward pack. Am keen for a good round of semi-finals footy.
I went out to the last affair between Eddies and Vikings and the #7 let them down the game which Vikings got the better of them. Way to many penalties given by silly attempts. The #7 would have to be the most ill disciplined person in the Eddies jersey, how he is captain i do not know. He lets that team down, when he's out they will play a better brand of footy

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rule 6 gentlemen. Lucky none of you mentioned the lad's name or you'd be sent off, they're schoolboys fer chrissake. I was a shit scrummie in country grade, didn't stop me from enjoying playing the game. AND growing up around a top group of older blokes.

Get some perspective about the great game of rugby.

Michael Sinclair

Frank Row (1)
In the Marist v Dara game I am really excited to watch the electric no.9 for Dara play. Last game against Marist he really was the difference in the game, scooting from penalties making solid metres and staggering the defence. From the Marist side, I look forward to watching the big Tongan front rower play. He really plays with grunt and has some similar qualities to that of Jason Taumalolo in his running styles being a bit like a human wrecking ball. Very keen for this game and I hope it lives up to the hype.

Oliver Blaney-Brown

Frank Row (1)
Rule 6 gentlemen. Lucky none you mentioned the lad's name or you'd be sent off, they're schoolboys fer chrissake. I was a shit scrummie in country grade, didn't stop me from enjoying playing the game. AND growing up around a top group of older blokes.

Get some perspective about the great game of rugby.

well said, compadre! I feel like @Richard Albright has some personal issues revolving around the Eddies boys. While I agree that they're just schoolboys, its 1st XV for chrissake. If they went to achieve higher honours, they need to install good habits now.

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
St Edmunds and Daramalan through to The GF for the second consecutive year, with comprehensive wins over their semi final counterparts! any recaps or tips

Jack Wight

Frank Row (1)
Sounds like it's going to be a good hard final between Eddies and Dara. I think the player to be looking out for in that game will be the Eddies number 14, he is a very good player and plays the game with great style. If Eddies are to lose though i would say that it will be because of the number 3, he lets the offense slip pass him a lot so he will have to pick up his defense.
Looking forward to watching it though fight hard boys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.