• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Adopt a finalist 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've jumped on the Waratahs band wagon for the finals.
Who have you adopted and will you change your super rugby avatar to suit?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

I'm going to follow Tranquility's logic and follow anybody playing the Waratahs because, fuck the Waratahs. That's why!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
041039-sky-blue-white-pearl-icon-transport-travel-transportation-wagon.png

I'm on the Tahs Band wagon. In fact I may even get this as a tattoo if they win.

Reactions: BPC

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Brumbies are my second team, Tahs if they are knocked out. I do think the Tahs have a better chance this year though.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I will support the Brumbies and Tah's and hope for a miracle and they play each other in the Final.

I really enjoy the way the Tah's are playing their rugby and it would do great things for the game in this country if they won it.

D

daz

My Super Rugby season finished at the very moment of the final whistle during the Rebels v Bulls game.

Do Collingwood supporters get behind Carlton in the finals if they are not playing? Do Bronco's supporters get behind Manly?

No, they do not. And forget this "it's for the good of Oz rugby" bullshit. My team is out, your team is in. That's the ballgame right there.

Good luck to the Tahs and the Brumbies, but to paraphrase Rhett Butler, frankly my dear, I don't give a fuck.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It goes beyond state tribalism for me Daz. It's an international competition and I want to see an Aussie team win. The difference with the AFL and NRL is that they are pissweak provincial leagues that nobody in the world gives a fuck about (and I say this as a rabid Carlton fan).

D

daz

It goes beyond state tribalism for me Daz. It's an international competition and I want to see an Aussie team win. The difference with the AFL and NRL is that they are pissweak provincial leagues that nobody in the world gives a fuck about (and I say this as a rabid Carlton fan).

You think Liverpool supporters get behind Man Utd in the Champions league? ;)

No, for me, regardless of the international flavour of the S15, it is still just another footy competition. If I'm not in the finals, it's season over.

And my team finished dead fucking last, so I'm sulking!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
It once was a provincial tournament, (and at it's heart still is imo) rather than an international one.

My province is gone, but am still disinclined to go for those provinces that I usually have little affinity for, so:

Highlanders it is.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You think Liverpool supporters get behind Man Utd in the Champions league? ;)

No, for me, regardless of the international flavour of the S15, it is still just another footy competition. If I'm not in the finals, it's season over.

And my team finished dead fucking last, so I'm sulking!
I hope your champagne falls in the spa, you curmudgeon, sir! :p

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't understand the 3 nations idea when it comes to supporting S15 teams. It's 15 teams representing 15 different provinces. I've been raised on a long running rivalry of QLD vs NSW: us vs them. So I will always find it hard to support them as they have always been the traditional enemy since before I can remember. Saying that though, I'm loving the rugby they are playing and would be happy for them to win. Just not sure I can ride the bandwagon with them.

I generally list my second S15 team as the Highlanders. Love the way they go about what they do and have a fondness for the Otago region. If it's the Tahs v Highlanders in the GF I will be conflicted because I naturally have a greater affinity toward Australian provinces than I do to some international ones but Otago will test that.

I'll be pretty content as long as the Sharks or the Crusaders don't end up in the big one. Go everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.