• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Advice on Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Hi guys,
A bit of advice needed. My wife is pregnant and is always harping on that I don't understand her and don't know what she wants / needs (like I am a mind reader). Do you guys mhave any (sensible) advice on how to take care of a pregnant woman? (I know, I should have taken notes the first time she was pregnant) Cheers.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'll hand you over to my wife. Her reply was, verbatim:

"Five words. Get off the Yellow Scarf."

:lmao:

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Scarfman said:

My wife is constantly telling me to stay off rugby sites..... try to keep my online time to when she is not around.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Aussie D said:
Scarfman said:

My wife is constantly telling me to stay off rugby sites..... try to keep my online time to when she is not around.

I think we can all relate to that!
Scarfman just 5 words?...mine uses a sixth..starts with F..

F

formeropenside

Stop doing anything you might even possibly remotely enjoy and devote yourself to housework and yardwork.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Aussie D, thats something everyone is going through at that stage. The time is right now to add the fingers, ears and brain of the baby.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
formeropenside said:
Stop doing anything you might even possibly remotely enjoy and devote yourself to housework and yardwork.

There's your advice right there. Don't be happy around her unless she's ecstatic. Keep yourself about three notches below her and be very, VERY wary. Give up getting drunk too.

And, most importantly: ASK HER WHAT SHE WANTS. She needs to understand you're not a mind reader :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
And, most importantly: ASK HER WHAT SHE WANTS. She needs to understand you're not a mind reader :)
:nta: Wrong there Nick, they usually tell you what they want , so maybe its more about GIVE HER WHATS SHE WANTS and then you can reap the rewards and work on my advice.

Funny thing is that for me honestly a woman is on their beautifullest when pragnent and thats what you need to tell them. They also falling in strange habits and will munce things they never ate before.

Dont think spending time on the Net will impress them at all. Spending quality time with them is helpfull.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
PaarlBok said:
NTA said:
:nta: Wrong there Nick, they usually tell you what they want , so maybe its more about GIVE HER WHATS SHE WANTS and then you can reap the rewards and work on my advice.

Funny thing is that for me honestly a woman is on their beautifullest when pragnent and thats what you need to tell them. They also falling in strange habits and will munce things they never ate before.

Dont think spending time on the Net will impress them at all. Spending quality time with them is helpfull.

Actually as far as my wife is concerned she does think I am a mind reader. I do try to be a good husband and got back in the good graces by giving her a foot massage last night, just have to keep it up now! Thanks for the advice fellas. She has told me that if / when we move back to Australia she wants me to give up rugby, though I thought I had pretty much done that by moving to China :nta: A pity really as I am eligible for golden oldies in 12 months time and I was looking forward to that.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Aussie thats a pretty big ask to give up rugby. Maybe you should start playing cricket, that may change her mind big time.

I dont know, my Mrs love the game like me and I try to attrack her as much as I can to the game. Now having kids she is a bigger enthias then me when it come to the kids sports.

Thats one hella of a important thing you have to do. Try and cut out the things she hate about you playing rugby, maybe a bit of drinking with the team mates or maoning about injuries exct and try and tell her she should be thankfull you are a good husband, enjoying sport and not moerring her and give her enough attention or doing drugs or whatever. (dont know if you are that type)

Good luck Boet

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nah Oom - cricket takes even more time out of the weekend than rugby! Mrs TA lets me play rugby even though we've got a new bub in the house (and let me play right through her pregnancy I might add though it took some fast talking on my behalf) and much prefers it to cricket.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
Nah Oom - cricket takes even more time out of the weekend than rugby! Mrs TA lets me play rugby even though we've got a new bub in the house (and let me play right through her pregnancy I might add though it took some fast talking on my behalf) and much prefers it to cricket.
Nick thats what I try to tell Aussie. Let her sit through one cricket game, then she will ask him to play rugby in no time. Thats the test I put mine through. Funnily now my youngest boy playing cricket (he is a goodie) , she will sit through 50 overs no probs.

Thing is there is obvious some reason for the Mrsse dislike in rugby. Try and get to that , maybe good but maybe stupid reasons but you must never stop playing while you can. Once you stop, it become difficult to play again and once you give in on this , she'll give you a lot of kak when you try to play. They have their girlie kak you have to endure like shopping (vok I hate that in the start) and you like your rugby. Compromise (nowadays I dont care , she'll go shopping and I ran with the kids to the games dept and she can go on her own shopping for long as it takes but then she cant moan if I want to play / watch rugby)

Give and take - thats what marriage is about. I am in my 24th year and still loving it. like my dad says, think many times about murder but never divorce.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
A quote a friend of mine likes from his favourite TV show:

"Marriage is all about compromise. My wife wanted to get a cat but I didn't. So I compromised and we got a cat."

:)

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
PaarlBok said:
Aussie thats a pretty big ask to give up rugby. Maybe you should start playing cricket, that may change her mind big time.

I dont know, my Mrs love the game like me and I try to attrack her as much as I can to the game. Now having kids she is a bigger enthias then me when it come to the kids sports.

Thats one hella of a important thing you have to do. Try and cut out the things she hate about you playing rugby, maybe a bit of drinking with the team mates or maoning about injuries exct and try and tell her she should be thankfull you are a good husband, enjoying sport and not moerring her and give her enough attention or doing drugs or whatever. (dont know if you are that type)

Good luck Boet

Maybe that's the problem, I rarely go out drinking and never to excess, don't smoke or do drugs. My only 'excesses' so to speak are visiting rugby websites (living in China it is difficult to play rugby) and watching dvds (even this I try to keep to once a week). I guess I will keep my nose to the grindstone at home to keep her happy-ish.....

Cheers for the advice boys.

T

Turban

Here's my advise, go back in time and don't get her pregnant. Failing that run for the hills and hide out for the next 10 years.

Red Bull

Allen Oxlade (6)
Geez Aussie, I sympathize with you mate, and given the staggering number of times I've heard complaints like yours, I am seriously thinking whether it's wise to get married or have kids. :D

F

formeropenside

Kids are great, and well worth the effort. Bringing them up right more or less requires marriage to their mother first (although opinions on this may vary).

Red Bull

Allen Oxlade (6)
formeropenside said:
Kids are great, and well worth the effort.

this is also something I hear often......despite seeing no direct evidence of kids being in the slightest bit great. :D

S

Sardyntjie

Aussie D said:
Hi guys,
A bit of advice needed. My wife is pregnant and is always harping on that I don't understand her and don't know what she wants / needs (like I am a mind reader). Do you guys mhave any (sensible) advice on how to take care of a pregnant woman? (I know, I should have taken notes the first time she was pregnant) Cheers.

hey congrats........I understand fully , as my wife is 10 weeks.

I just avoid her and arguments. I planned a boys weekend away ( again ) , for next weekend , I got a call from her old man saying I should give her more attention , now its a couples weekend away..... :-[

T

Turban

Red Bull said:
formeropenside said:
Kids are great, and well worth the effort.

this is also something I hear often......despite seeing no direct evidence of kids being in the slightest bit great. :D

My niece is great, about 20% of the time. The other 80% is a crying screaming nightmare. I'm never having kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.