• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Fella28

Bob McCowan (2)
For what it is worth, Padua played against a touring Perth team yesterday, Wesley College and beat them 69-7. Padua was without three of their best players but easily defeated a pretty competent rival. Once again too much dropped ball and impatience from the Padua outfit. Best players Swencke, O'Toole and Pankhurst.

Big For Nothing

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know when the annual Villa Vs. St Augustine's-Brookvale match is being played? I'm fairly sure its up here this year If I'm not mistaken. Someone help me out ?? what are Villa's chances ?? Is St Augustine's as strong as previous years ??

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Iona have been training intensely at Noosa for the past week and have their strongest players back for a trial game tomorrow against Barker college from Sydney. Barker aren't renowned as a great rugby school but will be a good test for Iona in preparation for round 1. Barker are predicted to come 3rd or 4th in the CAS competition and are currently touring QLD, if they play a full strength team then it will be a tough game for Iona.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Does the Barker v Iona result suggest that Iona will really struggle this year?

That would seem to be consistent with what I have read so far about Iona's 2015 team, but I'm only guessing....

Is Ashgrove playing Barker or Wesley College (WA) tomorrow? I'd be a bit surprised if they're playing Barker tomorrow before taking on BBC on Tuesday, but at the same time playing Wesley seems pretty pointless.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lauries team for trial against Villa
1. Dimitri Falieros
2. Henry Clelland
3. Dan McHugh
4. Lachlan McBrearty
5. Angus Pigott
6. Zac Gallagher
7. Reece Sloper
8. Eddie Dineen
9. Billy Rutherford
10. Alex Young
11. Tom Canarvas
12. Will Dwyer
13. Nelson Hall
14. Zac Huxley
15. Ben Croft

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
I was mistaken, the form read Wesley College but they meant Barker.

Game Recap: Ashgrove Vs Barker.

Strong opening to the game by Ash scoring early on after good ball movement. Bar hit back with 3 tries through a flood of possession. Good late try to ash makes it 17-10 at the half to Bar.
Ash come out firing in the second with 3 long range back line tries. Ash looking like they may run away with the game. Ash number 10 (Issac?) putting on a masterclass with ball in hand.
Acouple of silly penalties against the 'grove see barker come roaring back with 2 quality tries. 34-34 all, 8' to play. Another poor penalty in front of the posts sees barker go up 37-34. 2' to go. Ashgrove get 2 consecutive penalties in front of the posts, turn down the draw for 2 line out drives which weren't used well and resulted in a turnover.
Barker win 34-31 in a very entertaining match.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I was mistaken, the form read Wesley College but they meant Barker.

Game Recap: Ashgrove Vs Barker.

Strong opening to the game by Ash scoring early on after good ball movement. Bar hit back with 3 tries through a flood of possession. Good late try to ash makes it 17-10 at the half to Bar.
Ash come out firing in the second with 3 long range back line tries. Ash looking like they may run away with the game. Ash number 10 (Issac?) putting on a masterclass with ball in hand.
Acouple of silly penalties against the 'grove see barker come roaring back with 2 quality tries. 34-34 all, 8' to play. Another poor penalty in front of the posts sees barker go up 37-34. 2' to go. Ashgrove get 2 consecutive penalties in front of the posts, turn down the draw for 2 line out drives which weren't used well and resulted in a turnover.
Barker win 34-31 in a very entertaining match.

Good report.
I also saw the game, Ashgrove led 31-19 with just over 10 minutes to go and at that stage had 9 starters on the bench ( Barker were obviously sitting some starters off as well) but Barker's size and age advantage helped them limp over the line.
Interesting that Barker took the only penalty shot in the game at 31-31 from 30, yet Ashgrove declined to take 2 shots in front from 20 out in the last 3 minutes to go for the win.
I was pretty impressed with the Ash boys, no real superstars but the 10 is very handy and the forward pack will prove a real handful for AIC opposition.
Best sign for Ash I thought was the quality of the replacements, they all looked pretty much up to the mark, and some were really impressive.

ruggerman21

Frank Row (1)
A question for any old boys from Padua on here: When did the college join the old TAS (the competition prior to the formation of the AIC in 99)?

Possibly most on here will be too young to remember back that far but it must have been somewhere between 85 to 95.
Padua joined TAS in 1994

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Does the Barker v Iona result suggest that Iona will really struggle this year?

Yeah very weak team this season, won't be competitive until 2017 when the current 15A team (last season Premiers) start to play opens, they will be stronger next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.