• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah true. Predictions don't mean too much in this comp as there are always a few surprise packets. However, based on pre-season form and lineups that's my guess.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
yes and you got the answer right . 4 is correct . 4x10 will be the score if BBC runs out its top side
5 is not correct . 5x 10'is the score that GPS 1 beat AIC 1 the last 2 years
In 2013 AIC 1 and GPS 1 drew 19 all. (10+9=19)

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Can someone please name the Iona team that played Padua? I would really like to know if it was mainly a 2nds team or if Iona's strongest players were in it. Seems unusual for a loss that big considering they have some pretty good returning players from last year.

IDMSportmedia

Herbert Moran (7)
1.Ashgrove
2.Padua
3.SEC
4.SPC
5.Villa
6.Iona
7.SPLC
8.SLC

Villa will 100% not place that high, especially over Iona. Padua to me are over rated, 2nd sounds too high for a team with only 1 stand out player. SEC will be higher than third and I think that Pats will come through with some shock wins against the big three (SEC, Padua and MCA)

Wynnum Grad

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm not sure of all the names for the Iona team in the Padua trial but not their strongest team on the day.
Pepe out after injury in Villa game and out for first few games.
Feeney still out and will play 15.
Dickie still out and will be in centres
Luck came off at 1/2 time.
Couple of others injured during game.
Some others unavailable with league committments.
Score was 5-0 at 1/4 time drink break.
Padua found a hole down the right side and exploited it all day - as had Villa.
Fix that hole (Feeney/Dickie to come back) and the score lines would be a little closer.
It won't be a great season for Iona but they will win some games and continue to build to 2017 where they will be at the top again. I'm tipping them to match it with Lauries, Villa and SPLC and could be in a contest with Pats on the day. Eddies, Ashgrove and Padua will be too strong. Just my thoughts and in this comp a lot could depend on how well teams come through the intensive pre-season schedule.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
It won't be a great season for Iona but they will win some games and continue to build to 2017 where they will be at the top again

I heard that the strength there at the moment is in year 11 and 10's and a yr 9 who has been playing up in the 10a team (last season premiers).
Perhaps a lean year for the black and white but the near future looks rosy if they are able to keep the boys away from the reach of the GPS.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
I heard that the strength there at the moment is in year 11 and 10's and a yr 9 who has been playing up in the 10a team (last season premiers).
Perhaps a lean year for the black and white but the near future looks rosy if they are able to keep the boys away from the reach of the GPS.
That year 9 might have been Tristan Stanghon, in which case has already been poached by churchie. It's a shame, he could of played 3 years in the 1st XV and been a powerhouse for Iona.

Oeas Olc

Frank Row (1)
Can someone please name the Iona team that played Padua? I would really like to know if it was mainly a 2nds team or if Iona's strongest players were in it. Seems unusual for a loss that big considering they have some pretty good returning players from last year.

1 daniel sheppherd
2 ollie plevey
3 james otoole
4 moss mackenzie
5 tom bisset
6 nathan marshall
7 tim albion
8 zayne holleran
9 matt luck
10 kyle cook
11 nassif ghanem
12 taylor robertson
13 cody ryland
14 kyle kinsella
15 patrick walker

This would have to be the best team at the time, but we must consider the players coming back from injury such as
william feeney - Flyhalf/Fullback
Michael dickie - centre
Angelo pepe - Back/front row

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
1 daniel sheppherd
2 ollie plevey
3 james otoole
4 moss mackenzie
5 tom bisset
6 nathan marshall
7 tim albion
8 zayne holleran
9 matt luck
10 kyle cook
11 nassif ghanem
12 taylor robertson
13 cody ryland
14 kyle kinsella
15 patrick walker

This would have to be the best team at the time, but we must consider the players coming back from injury such as
william feeney - Flyhalf/Fullback
Michael dickie - centre
Angelo pepe - Back/front row
No wonder this team did horrible. That is one of the worst trial teams I have ever seen.

1. Dan shepherd
2. Ollie plevey
3. Callum Nicholson
4. Angelo Pepe
5. Riley Morton
6. Nathan Marshall
7. Tim Albion
8 Zayne holleran
9. Matt luck
10. Kyle cook
11. Nassif Ghanam
12. Kyle kinsella
13. Michael dickie
14. cody ryland
15. Will Feeney

I hope they run this team. 5 strongest players added. Estimated 50kg added to forward pack. Beast 13 and 15 to fix backline holes. Tipping they will beat villa, slc and maybe pats.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
That year 9 might have been Tristan Stanghon, in which case has already been poached by churchie. It's a shame, he could of played 3 years in the 1st XV and been a powerhouse for Iona.

correct . stanghorn now at Churchie and played for Qld at 13 on weekend in the ARU gold match

Status
Not open for further replies.