• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBoyBoy

Frank Row (1)
why do people keep overlooking the forward pack from Pats? As a Padua parent, I solemnly believe that Pats front three absolutely dominated Padua. Without a shadow of a doubt, defeating them in scrums, lineouts and the overall game. As hard as it is to admit, pats dominated padua.

Mount Franklin

Frank Row (1)
Yeah, I was.. If they were dominant, then why did 1 get concussed, 2 get hit the whole game, and the 3 get dominated in the scrum the whole game to th point that his sternum was fractured?.. score has nothing to do with how the forwards performed considering most tries came from the backs.

You mean when 1 had a head clash with another Padua player the 8 and 2 being heavily targeted because of his dominant performances in previous games and 3 only playing 20 mins because of a sternum injury he received before the game.

Francis Johnovich

Frank Row (1)
Yes that is all what I mean. If 2 had a dominant performance then would he not rise up to occasion? Rather the shy away from it... 3 played 60 minutes of the game... and he didn't have a sternum problem before the game. All I hear is excuses... Pats dominated them and theres nothing else to it.

Cool Ridge

Frank Row (1)
Yes that is all what I mean. If 2 had a dominant performance then would he not rise up to occasion? Rather the shy away from it. 3 played 60 minutes of the game. and he didn't have a sternum problem before the game. All I hear is excuses. Pats dominated them and theres nothing else to it.
Than why did they lose.

Cool Ridge

Frank Row (1)
why do people keep overlooking the forward pack from Pats? As a Padua parent, I solemnly believe that Pats front three absolutely dominated Padua. Without a shadow of a doubt, defeating them in scrums, lineouts and the overall game. As hard as it is to admit, pats dominated padua.
Than why did they lose

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
Than why did they lose.

There are 3 players on a field at any one time. Could this be a possible answer to your question?

I also was at this game and the Pats front-row dominated Padua in all facets for the majority of the game. None of the Padua fowards looked comfortable in particular Michael Wood and No.2.
In regards to the concussion sustained by No. 1 for Padua they might next time wish to read the ARU guidelines regarding this issue here.

Jo Mama

Frank Row (1)
In round 2 the pats foward did indeed hold their own against the best forward pack in the AIC comp. the only player that wasn't contained was Micheal Woods which is fair as i dont any AIC team is able to control him. Padua only won after a change of momentum because of a mistake from the pats backs off a kick return.

15manHagar

Frank Row (1)
Not unreasonable from Jo Mama. Padua has dominated every forward pack in the comp so far, but Pats did hold their own in Round 2. An earlier discussion suggested that the Pats front row dominated - that was certainly not seen at Banjo in Round 2 or at Curlew Park in the trials (where Pats were demolished up front). In Round 2, it may also have helped that Pats had a revolving front row, bringing fresh legs on every few minutes through injuries or yellow cards to two of the props. Despite that, my view is that Pats will do well this weekend against Marist, and could dominate upfront.

Return of the Jedi

Frank Row (1)
AIC - I would think at least half of the starting XV would be from Marist and Padua. Perhaps a little biased with Marist, however from what I have seen they deserve four starters each. Agree completely with no 12 Sam Wheeler from St Peters. Has been outstanding in the few games that I have seen him play the past two years, and I heard from match report that he blitzed Villa a few weeks ago.

From the games I have seen, I can't see any Eddies or Villa players picked in the squad, perhaps one from Lauries, two from Iona, and a few forwards and one back from St Pats.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well I've been an avid SLC supporter for the last few years and never have I seen a team as good as the SLC 16's. They have the best structure, determination and skill set in the under 16 comp and even the firsts. After losing 4 players to the firsts, they have really stood up and dominated every game. Their number 8, who benches first XV is the standout player of the entire age group and I believe that all the hype about the Ashgrove team will come to nothing in round 7 when the under 16A premiership is decided. Look for this player next year to make the AIC 1 team and also flanker wearing red and white head gear who dominated the rucks and his running game is superb. The coaches should definitely be the SLC First XV coaches in 2017 because of their work with this side.

Mate SLC won't come close to the ASH 16s, I have seen most teams play this season,
The 16s is a three tier comp this season.
The bottom pack is Villa, Eddies,Peters and Pats
Iona,Padua and SLC take out the middle of the pack
and Ash miles in front.
Proof SLC just got home againts Iona a few more minutes of play could have been a different story however the SLC coach made sure time was wasted by instructing his player to stay down on the ground, to the player credit he got up because he wanted play footy.
In comparison Ash has thump every other team including Iona

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yeah well matey SLC won the trial game.. but I guess you can apologise for being wrong when Lauries beat Ashgrove in round 7.

I wonder, ASH won't be playing for anything in the first if they drop one or two back down into the 16s just to make sure.

John David

Frank Row (1)
Watching the last couple of Iona games i have noticed there open side flanker, Marshall. This kid is a gun of a player and appraently plays QLD, any confirmation of this?

RugbyLord225

Frank Row (1)
Previous remarks about the Pats forwards dominating the Padua forwards is absolute rubbish. In no way, shape or form did the Pats dominate Padua, if they did, why did it result in a Padua win? Taking nothing away from the hard-hitting pats forwards, they did hold their own and challenge the Padua forwards in an extremely physical battle, but they began to unravel toward the end of the game, which was seen through the metres that the padua forwards began to trump up. The pats forward pack stood up to the plate and definitely gave it a red hot crack, but by no means did they dominate.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great sportsmanship if they do that, something you'd expect Ashgrove to be capable of. Anyway, only Emosi and Bucknell would go down. But even if Ashgrove choose to continue their tradition of gamesmanship I believe they will still loose to the Lauries 16A's and even risk losing to the Lauries XV

Mark, what position does Bucknell play?

The Outside Back

Bob McCowan (2)
Everyone has huge wraps on feeney, but due to his injury is it likely he will be picked in the AIC team as fullback? Would the selectors consider him to be picked on the wing and have a more in fullback wear the 15 jersey for AIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.