• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
Fair Call on all of them JR22
It will be interesting to see how Pats travel after last week the school should be congratulated on the amount of boys who supported their team. Effectively a 16th man and gave the Pats boys a real lift.

The Paddies Battalion was okay last week but it was a bit sad that Old Boys contingent was louder than the student grandstands. Hopefully the Shoncliffe supporters are there in droves at 3:15 tomorrow to compete with a John Eales Grandstand filled with borders.

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
Quite frankly St Pats and Ashgrove are the only two schools that seem to be able to provide large numbers and normally vocal support for their teams which is really sad because as we all know "Saturdays are for the boys" and students should be sticking around to watch their mates/the people they go to school with.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Well boarding houses generally equals more depth in sports programs and much better support on game days

Of course that explains Marist but doesn't explain St Peters

I thought Pats might have had boarding

Lolinski

Bob McCowan (2)
Well boarding houses generally equals more depth in sports programs and much better support on game days

Of course that explains Marist but doesn't explain St Peters

I thought Pats might have had boarding

I guess SPLC being co-ed might be a factor? More boys play soccer than rugby there. I know the girls are very competitive in the QGSSSA across all sports and they probably place more focus on academic achievements, arts and music.

Anyway, back to the rugby...

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
For the first 10 min St Pats looked ok and took it to Ash. Then the drop balls and kicking back to a team who ran it in both the forwards and backs started and Ashrove made them pay again and again.
St Pats were really out-coached today as well as being outplayed by a team who turned up.
Best for St Pats was the hard working 8 who also bagged at least 2 tries, maybe more.
Best for Ash was No 7, 2, and 3. No 9 pass was awsome.
Score would have been more but Ash 10 had a off day.
What could have been for St Pats and what now is for Ashgrove.
If this Ash ream turns up for the remainder of the games look out SLC Villa etc.
Hope injuries to the 2 Ash boys are not season ending.

Reactions: JR2

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
For the first 10 min St Pats looked ok and took it to Ash. Then the drop balls and kicking back to a team who ran it in both the forwards and backs started and Ashrove made them pay again and again.
St Pats were really out-coached today as well as being outplayed by a team who turned up.
Best for St Pats was the hard working 8 who also bagged at least 2 tries, maybe more.
If this Ash ream turns up for the remainder of the games look out SLC Villa etc.

Good summary there Echidna.

The injury to the MCA 4, Miller, didn't look good - collarbone maybe? The MCA 6, Brosnan, looked to be out cold, so there must be a big chance that they'll both miss next week v SLC.

Miller is more easily covered by Downes coming back from injury but Brosnan will be a big loss if he's out - he's had a great season.

The Ash 7, Law, had his usual best on ground game but the 14 Kale Van Dugteren had an absolute blinder, unusual to see a right winger get so much ball and he created havoc whenever he got it.

Impressed with Connors for SPC, he was outstanding with the ball, but otherwise the Ash forwards were very dominant.

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
Iona by a whisker over St Peters, a lot of drop ball by both teams, peters had plenty of chances to score in second half but failed to cross the line until the end. Iona 15 one to watch (if he hasn't already been mentioned), and should be considered for AIC.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
LAuries 38-24 eddies. Another drop-ball a thon at Runcorn today, I don't know what it is about that field. Eddies had the size just not the fuel in the tank at end. Lauries lot of injuries and poor old number 1 looked like he had the same dinner as matt renshaw did in India, leaving the field with what appeared to be a bout of gastro, poor bloke just isn't having a good year at all. SLC suffered from losing their 10 lost a lot of game management, Lucky the 9 took complete control which saved them, the 12 moved moved into fly half and did his best to lose the game with his rash option taking. Credit to them for taking their chances but I feel next week against Ashgrove could be a long afternoon.

ThisOlThing

Bob McCowan (2)
Lauries did it fairly easy over Eddies today but will not be overly pleased with their last 20 Minutes, allowing Eddies a couple of soft tries. Great to see some quick hands getting he ball out wide to their fullback and wingers. Some great running tries off the back of good hands and speed. For Eddies, their big prop was busy and showed surprisingly good hands and footwork for a big man. Lauries back row was again very good again as was their 2 who scored a couple of very good tries. Some odd choices made at times by their 12 who seemed to be playing as another half for most of the game. Lauries 15 was again good and made some crucial breaks and scored a very good try. Entertaining game but Lauries should have won by 40. Not sure of final score sorry. Did not see last 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Padua 44 - Villa 22 game was closer than score line suggests.
Padua were the better team but Villa really took it to Padua. Great game played in good spirit. Villa were right in until about the 60th minute - Padua best 2, 5, 12 and their wingers Villa best was 13 and 8 and 6. Anyone know how many Padua boys return next year ? They will be a force in 2018 If a lot of them are Grade 11 boys.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Good summary there Echidna.

The injury to the MCA 4, Miller, didn't look good - collarbone maybe? The MCA 6, Brosnan, looked to be out cold, so there must be a big chance that they'll both miss next week v SLC.

Miller is more easily covered by Downes coming back from injury but Brosnan will be a big loss if he's out - he's had a great season.

The Ash 7, Law, had his usual best on ground game but the 14 Kale Van Dugteren had an absolute blinder, unusual to see a right winger get so much ball and he created havoc whenever he got it.

Impressed with Connors for SPC, he was outstanding with the ball, but otherwise the Ash forwards were very dominant.

Yeah Ash 14 had a day out

Lachlan Connors very impressive ( looks and moves like his Uncle ) and was also pretty impressed with Louis Maritz ( Pats 11 ) and Pats 5 in a losing side

0therwise Pats looked the goods for the first 10 minutes but overall were pretty disappointing

Lolinski

Bob McCowan (2)

Totally on the money with St Pats being outplayed and out coached. MCA played some great rugby today. I was very impressed with 14, really carved up today. 7 was his usual self, into everything. 13 had a solid game too. St Pats 8 stood out for them. MCA just play well as a unit. MCA had one in the bin and I think that's where St Pats scored 2 of their tries. Once again, MCA could have put more on the score board. Tipping MCA to go through undefeated this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.