• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks 3N squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
So the ABs are gonna truck it up old skool style with no killer tactical or place kicker?
That's a lotta pick-n-go's to make 60m

I now see your concern

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Gagger said:
So the ABs are gonna truck it up old skool style with no killer tactical or place kicker?
That's a lotta pick-n-go's to make 60m

I now see your concern
I'd like to think that if we go old skool on it Donald, Luke or even that speedbump Brett can stand deep behind the ruck and kick to a corner effectively and that by trucking it up the guts the penalties might be more toward the middle of the park.

Some might say I dream though.

C

chriscullen

Just came back from holiday in NZ and nearly every kiwi media commentator and many kiwis are picking All Blacks to come third in Tri Nations. Sounds like they are loving the underdog tag though and be very wary as Although Carter hasnt played yet it sounds as though he will be in for the last couple of games. The All Blacks were supposed to come third last year too and looked headed that way after losing to Wallabies but somehow won the tri nations again.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
The ABs look just a wee bit "dumb" at the moment. Lots of guys with talent but maybe only Mils plus 1 or 2 others with vision.

It's a huge call, but I think they could come 3rd. Depends how much PdeV meses up the Boks.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Who knows, but I reckon we won't come third. We're at least solid and should have a real crack at the title. Both other sides have reasons to doubt themselves.

It would be good for Lotegate to end soon, though.

C

chriscullen

Is there any difference really between coming 2nd or 3rd? Until I read it a few weeks ago in a magazine I couldnt have told you the All Blacks had won the last 4 Tri Nations, but I could probably tell you nearly every bledisloe cup result since childhood. I think many players feel the bledisloe is more important too.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
If McCaw wasn't back I could probably go for that because of the complete leadership/smarts void in the ABs at the moment. (not that Richie is a brain surgeon captaincy-wise)

However, I'm not convinced he'll last it. How much game time has he had this year? Between the noggin and the knees I wonder how much he's got to give full stop (that's one statement that could sure bite me in the ass)

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Here's my gut feeling, not based on any fact: Richie was ready enough to play in France 2 if it was truly demanded. He has had a bloody good rest and needed it as much as Rodders did.

Also, just tacking on to the brains side of things, Conrad Smith is very important in that backline for just that reason. So There's Richie, Conrad, Mils. Pretty good trio if they're all on deck.

S

Spook

Scorz said:
Here's my gut feeling, not based on any fact: Richie was ready enough to play in France 2 if it was truly demanded. He has had a bloody good rest and needed it as much as Rodders did.

Also, just tacking on to the brains side of things, Conrad Smith is very important in that backline for just that reason. So There's Richie, Conrad, Mils. Pretty good trio if they're all on deck.

ahhh..so you are quietly confident. I knew it :)

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Spook said:
Scorz said:

ahhh..so you are quietly confident. I knew it :)
No! It's too big an "if" that they are fit all the way through to be confident!

H

Harfish

Actually I think the ABs missed Rodney So'oialo really badly against France and Italy. Kieran Reid was good but he's not quite there yet. The return of McCaw and So'oialo should make a huge difference to the rudderless pack and then perhaps the backs might be able to do something.

That said, I'm not exactly confident going into this 3N

Status
Not open for further replies.