• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Actually, I rate TPN's run against Gloucester last year as one of the best acts of real rugby by a front rower. Awesome stuff.

Johnny Blaze

Herbert Moran (7)
Not such a big thing. Plenty of props score tries.

Afoa sprinted about 35 metres to touchdown.

Most props score most of their tries by sprinting anywhere up to about 50 or 60 centimetres. When the stories of these heroic try scoring exploits are retold, there is often a fend, shimmy, step, a couple of broken tackles and wrong footing swerve involved somewhere in that 50 centimetres dash for glory.

Nothing new. :lmao:

Richard Bands for the boks I think it was who scored a classic against the AB's fending off a feeble attempt by King Carlos.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
Apparently Andy Powell is a rely nice guy like Kevy so they let him off.

Seriously though site that and you will find 50 non sightings of similar events this season.
Unless the Kiwi commentary after the event and the subsequent spittle got in your eye and clouded your judgemt as to more than just another reckless high tackle you get in MOST games.

Makes a mockery of Dan Carter's suspension though for the same kind of tackle last year. He was sighted and suspended for a week after playing against Wales in Cardiff. I think all the players can ask for is consistency.

D

dwats002

Richard Bands for the boks I think it was who scored a classic against the AB's fending off a feeble attempt by King Carlos.

exactly what i would have said, he swatted him off like a fly, but i also liked watching big Oz Du Rant run

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

I remember that vividly - bloody embarrassing that poor attempt at a tackle.

I was actually reminded of that run when Quade Cooper tried to tackle McCaw in Hong Kong....funny to watch when it's not your guy getting smoked

Johnny Blaze

Herbert Moran (7)
...funny to watch when it's not your guy getting smoked

Actually I find it funny that any player at an elite level, with all the training, coaching etc. can't tackle very well if at all. Ex Waratah Peter Hewet one of the worst I have seen in recent years and I think he played AUS A. WTF.

Must note though that these players are usually great even brilliant in attack.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
why was it Justin Harrison and Ali Williams were always the first in a scufle too? Tall man syndrome?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
What do people reckon- was Andy Powell's hit worse than Carter's last year?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
why was it Justin Harrison and Ali Williams were always the first in a scufle too? Tall man syndrome?

Well, in Harrison's case, it's because the man was a prick.

The great regret of him squaring up to Austin Healy was that there would have had to be a loser.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Oh, off-topic, I know, but, for the benefit of the man from Everyone's Favourite Ferryport - the Ulster game is off, due to the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.