• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks & Maori All Blacks EOYT's 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not sure why you think any NZ posters would have anymore idea than you Cyclo... And re the penalty try, because he committed a foul in the in goal area, the ref has to treat it as that SBW wasn't there, thems the laws. Lol though how Shag Hansen can call himself a coach, he defended the refs decision and said it was correct, geez no wonder he can only coach a NZ team and not an Aussie one!!!

Think about it laterally, Dan. Given the depth in NZ rugby, is he becoming a liability with infringements, and how long might that be tolerated? I'll ignore the last bit, as a quick look online would suggest Shag might the shag on a rock among Kiwi responses to the PT, let alone the YC. But yeah, yeah, I get it, Kiwis never complain about the ref............

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Cyclo, you are turning into a grouchy old bugger, where did I say Kiwis never complain about the ref?? Stop being so defensive, um if you care to look at the post of mine that you quoted, and me being a kiwi, did I argue with the decision?? Man we got as many moaning about the ref as any other country, all I was kind of pointing out (tongue in cheek) that I prefer that coaches did this instead of bagging refs. Tell me honestly, do you prefer a coach backing a ref or bagging them when they imagine decisions going against them?
On the SBW thing, I do think it a bit of a problem, and not sure how long it will be tolerated, but I haven't been back and checked his infringement record. Though I suspect that Shag and co will weigh up whether he worth the risk. And I was meaning I don't think us kiwis know what to do about it anymore than you.(and note when I put up posts I have no emojis to show when I being lighthearted)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Coles is heading home with a ruptured ACL, lengthy rehab in prospect:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/343653/coles-out-for-up-to-six-months

Meanwhile Luke Whitelock becomes AB captain #133 for the France XV match tomorrow:

15-David Havili, 14-Matt Duffie, 13-Jack Goodhue, 12-Ngani Laumape, 11-Seta Tamanivalu, 10-Lima Sopoaga, 9-Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8-Luke Whitelock (captain), 7-Ardie Savea, 6-Liam Squire, 5-Dominic Bird, 4-Patrick Tuipulotu, 3-Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, 2-Nathan Harris, 1-Tim Perry Replacements: 16-Asafo Aumua, 17-Atu Moli, 18-Ofa Tu‘ungafasi, 19-Scott Barrett, 20-Akira Ioane, 21-Dillon Hunt, 22-Mitch Drummond, 23-Richie Mo'unga.

Potentially six debutants if everyone gets on, which they probably will.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ru...er-kiwi-second-string-in-france-idUKKBN1DC0T5

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Think Coles will be glad to put 2017 behind him WOB, and guess Riccitelli and Aumua will get more time than expected for Canes next year.Other thing is thought Coles was just coming back to his best too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Meanwhile Luke Whitelock becomes AB captain
the-twilight-zone.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Say what you like. Those Whitelock genes are almost as good as the Barrett genes.

Luke+Braid+ITM+Cup+Rd+3+Bay+Plenty+v+Auckland+T2nOqvfHDw7l.jpg
"Is it just me or has it been raining since our playing careers started?" "Born on the wrong side of the tracks mate." Left-to-right, Luke Braid-Whitelock and Daniel Braid-Whitelock

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
France XV: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Gabriel Lacroix, 13 Henry Chavancy, 12 Jonathan Danty, 11 Hugo Bonneval, 10 François Trinh-Duc, 9 Yann Lesgourgues, 8 Marco Tauleigne, 7 Sekou Macalou, 6 Wenceslas Lauret, 5 Romain Taofifenua, 4 Yoann Maestri, 3 Malik Hamadache, 2 Camille Chat, 1 Dany Priso
Replacements: 16 Christopher Tolofua, 17 Mohamed Boughanmi, 18 Lucas Pointud, 19 Julien Le Devedec, 20 Fabien Sanconnie, 21 Maxime Machenaud, 22 Jules Plisson, 23 Vincent Rattez

Date: Tuesday, November 14
Venue: Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon
Kick-off: 19:30 local (18:30 GMT)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that an experienced French team, I suspect the AB team going out tonight better beware, French are being a clever here.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ a bit of a throwback to all those "French Selections" (e.g. the Monster Forward Pack Selection, the Not Quite Our Best But Good Enough To Soften You Up Selection) they used to roll out before and/ or between the Tests.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Match officials confirmed:

France XV vs New Zealand XV
@ Parc Ol, Lyon, France
Referee: Luke Pearce (England)
Assistant referees: Andrew Brace (Ireland), David Wilkinson (Ireland)
Television match official: Sean Davey (England)

Scotland vs New Zealand
@ Murrayfield
Referee: Matthew Carley (England)
Assistant referees: Romain Poite (France), Ian Davies (Wales)
Television match official: Graham Hughes (England)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Strange game WOB, not helped by the BEIN coverage, seemed to be in a studio, and was well behind in what subs etc had been made. I not really sure if I enjoyed game or not.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
One thing I will say, Jack Goodhue did nothing to make me change my mind about him being another good young un we got who maybe around for an awful long time! Mounga looked ok when he came on too I thought, and how the hell the young front row manged that scrum at end of game, there were a couple of 20yos in it and they pulverised that french scrum, good signs for future I thought, especially with Moli who always been TH operating on LH!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ wasn't able to watch it but the consensus of the website reports I've seen & the tradies I chatted with today who did see it is that Goodhue had a pretty solid debut & in at least some opinions could be the new CSmith. I'm always reluctant to start lobbing those kinds of labels around but based on his Super Rugby & M10 form it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it pans out that way.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, and I know I been in his corner all year,so I maybe a bit prejudiced, he really impressed me with the U20s when he played for them too.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some injury-forced changes for the Scots:

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Huw Jones, 12 Alex Dunbar, 11 Lee Jones, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Ali Price, 8 Cornell du Preez, 7 Hamish Watson, 6 John Barclay (c), 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Ben Toolis, 3 Zander Fagerson, 2 Stuart McInally, 1 Darryl Marfo. Replacements: 16 George Turner, 17 Jamie Bhatti, 18 Simon Berghan, 19 Grant Gilchrist, 20 Luke Hamilton, 21 Henry Pyrgos, 22 Pete Horne, 23 Byron McGuigan

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/townsend-changes-two-for-scotland/

Status
Not open for further replies.