• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Argentina, 17th July, 2015, AMI stadium, Christchurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Maybe the answer to maul defence is if defensively you can splinter off one of the attacking players in front of the ball without collapsing it, it becomes a free for all. No offside, can pull it down.

Force the players in front of the ball to remain bound together for the maul to be legal. Too often a defensive team gets a stop, so the attacking team just shears off leaving a few players who have been stopped and the refs let them pretend it's the same maul but with new players at the front. My rule change would fix that.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
wow, that good without A.Smith. Or B.Smith. Or C.Smith. Or even D.Smith.

Or Savea.

Perenara was wired in for that one, very impressive, didnt even bust out his running game either.

SBW top shit too, v.impressive on D, alert and manic.

Dagg played well but still had plenty of opportunities where I thought "Ben Smith would have scythed thru there".

and play Smith on the wing (where he's just as good).
Smith's wasted on the wing iHomo, reduced to a kick chaser

poor selectors have got some mad calls to make in that back 3, what with Naholo carving up. And Piutau. The Skudder hasnt even had his burl yet. All they need is C.Jane to get his shit together for the baabaas tomorrow and their quandary will be complete. In the end theyll probably say stuff yuz we'll just take boring old Colin Slade.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
(poor selectors have got some mad calls to make in that back 3, what with Naholo carving up. And Piutau. The Skudder hasnt even had his burl yet. All they need is C.Jane to get his shit together for the baabaas tomorrow and their quandary will be complete.)

I'm with you DP, how the hell do you pick between those buggers. Piutau is easy, he's off next year, so he's out, Naholo and Milner-Skudder I suspect will be put on ice for the year, but wouldn't be surprised if one went.
So into that team will go Smith x 3, Coles x 1 and Savea x 1. Also one Malakai Fekitoa may feel he has something to say too, not to mention Jane if he looks clear of injuries.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
SBW top shit too, v.impressive on D, alert and manic.

Dagg played well but still had plenty of opportunities where I thought "Ben Smith would have scythed thru there".

this was exactly my thoughts when i posted above, Dagg not bad, but Smith would have done more with the opportunities available.

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Poor ol argies... subject to kiwis secret weapon joubert... i mean seriously does no one else see this guy for what he is... the fact the kiwis feel they need him v argies shows his match payments to islands accounts must be increasing

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I see that quite alot in professional games and never seen it pinged.
I guess it is something they have a silent agreenment to let go if it doesnt affect the play

From my viewing, I'd say 19 out of 20 times the outside arm only throw is called crooked, as it should have been at the lineout in question.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
ABs playing open, attacking style way too good for the Argies playing mostly 10 man rugby. They only had one backline move that they used on two or three occasions during the match but were easily countered by the ABs' defense each time. Very impressed by what was not the ABs' first team. The Argies were out of their depth in this game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With the recent trend to defend lineouts with the yappy cheating runt halfback standing in the hooker position with a loose forward standing at the lineout receiver (halfback) position, it was good to see the Kiwis rumble one around the front for Sir Richie GOATs try.

Good to see the GOAT and a Pot Plant with the pill rolling around the front of a lineout into the tramlines facing up against a runty halfback and a blind side winger from Los Pumas.

Memo to Coaches. If you place the Hairdressers in Mens positions, there will be consequences.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
From my viewing, I'd say 19 out of 20 times the outside arm only throw is called crooked, as it should have been at the lineout in question.
Im 90% sure that using your outside arm even taking a straight lineout is against the rules, thats what I have been told by a referee.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It is saulit, I would be buggered if I played these days, could only use my outside arm when in lineouts, (because I was usually fighting off/trying to hold down opposition jumper with my inside arm) and for the life of me when I tried using inside arm as a golden oldies player,just couldn't get the hang of it!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
See Dan Carter, SBW, Cane etc are not going to SA, think they being rested. Surprised Nonu not staying at home, but maybe wanting to give Fekitoa a bit of a run.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
With the recent trend to defend lineouts with the yappy cheating runt halfback standing in the hooker position with a loose forward standing at the lineout receiver (halfback) position...

Did you see Hanson's response after losing two tries to rolling mauls? They're "bloody boring" and should be got rid of by making it legal to collapse them.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The over riding thought I had from the game was..... We're getting the band back together.

Just that passage of play in the 60th minute where they pummelled the Argies behind their gain line and then GOAT came through to disrupt and the ABs stole the ball looked like the ABs in their prime.

I thought they might be too old at this RWC but didn't see anything to suggest that was the case.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
"All Blacks wing Waisake Naholo has cracked a fibia bone, ruling him out of contention for the Rugby World Cup in September.

"naholo broke the leg bone in his debut for the All Blacks against Argentina in Christchurch on Friday night.

"More soon."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...of-rugby-world-cup-contention-with-leg-injury

Poor bastard. He was looking promising too. Oh Well. Jane, Skudder and others now have an extra lifeline. Looking forward to the NZ Maori game tonight as a warm up to the Wallabies game, as long as my internet jitters don't bugger up my connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.