• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Springboks - Eden Park, Sept 14th 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No, better, the Fern:)
The lack of Bok attacking ability clearly demonstrated throughout the match.
But, it is a hollow victory.
They'll take us at Ellis Park I reckon.
Compared to last week:-
1. Wallaby defence nowhere near AB defence
2. Idiot Wallaby play producing scoring opportunities for Bokke
3. ABs brutal at breakdown
= attack looks less good.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I was so pumped for this game, and so were the players. It looked to be shaping to epic. Brutal but epic. Very very disappointed at an incredibly poor refereeing display.

I am at a loss for what to say when wondering why the fuck he did not ask the TV ref about the tackle in the first instance. Huge huge call and yet he seemed to want to just call it rather than confirming when he was ALREADY going upstairs for the post tackle altercation. What explanation can he possibly give for that?

That wasn't all though, and I'm sick and tired of seeing the All Blacks claim to be the 'positive' team when they spoil every chance the opposition is in an attacking situation. That's the definition of cynical, or 'negative' as they may call it. Wow, I sound bitter, and I am. I was just so pumped for the game. :(

Ok, rant over (for now). I think Meyer will be able to get quite a lot of positive energy out of this game. He needs to NOT dwell on the ref or the calls, but concentrate on how the Boks can overcome adverse situations, and how despite all that they didn't disgrace themselves. Well done boys, proud of you.

To the All Blacks and fans, it's not your fault the ref was a cock (though your crowd was a joke), so well done on the win, and look forward to a proper battle back in SA. See you then!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Starting to believe we are a better team 15 v 15

nah, I think ABs were well on top. Boks were very good at the breakdown, but did nothing (could do nothing) with the ball until the 70th minute (apart from that one great maul).
Not ABs fault that Poite fckd up that first yellow.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
nah, I think ABs were well on top. Boks were very good at the breakdown, but did nothing with the ball until the 70th minute.
That's because at the 70th min mark the game evened up with 14 on 14.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
no, it's because the Boks kicked the ball all the time and did not win one contestable high ball. ABs had to make 8 tackles until the 24th minute. Eight.
I thought they started to play that and plan one it was 14 v 15

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I must say in the 80's and 90's I loved the All Blacks game. Since professionalism I must say I have come to despise the way they play the game. The cynical professional fouls when a team starts to get a roll on. The petulant talk to the ref (see Nonu tonight when he lost the ball against De Villiers), the way the "rub of the green" always favours the Black team. Notice that after they got reamed in the first scrum the ABs started collapsing when the Boks actually had 15 players.
The final straw for me regarding the ABs is the behaviour of the supporters, the arrogance, the booing Cooper over a spat that McCaw himself started when they have in their revered history two (and more) true thugs in Loe and Meads, talking, shouting, whistling etc during opponents National Anthems but expecting silence for theirs as well as their pretty little dance.

It is funny that their supporters think that the ABs were well on top when they played 2/3rds of this game with a 1 many advantage and still committed the usual professional fouls when the opposition threatened.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
nah, I think ABs were well on top. Boks were very good at the breakdown, but did nothing (could do nothing) with the ball until the 70th minute (apart from that one great maul).
Fair enough it's just what I believe.
See you at Ellis Park.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ellis Park on the Veldt for the return match will be massive.

Who will ref? NH ref or Aussie Steve?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What a farce of a game.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
That was the best test I have seen for years, just told mates not going back to NZ for anymore Bledisloe, will save it for Bok tests, think they will beat us a few times ,but that is proper test rugby!!!!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Fair enough it's just what I believe.
See you at Ellis Park.

Yeah, it's hard to gauge. Especially because Bismarck seemed your best player. Was really worried after that first scrum where the ABs got minced, but they were pretty even thereafter (even when the Boks had 8 men in the scrum).
Pienaar should be gone and if FdP plays anywhere close as good as he did against Argentina...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought the first Bismarck YC was tough,but 2nd one was fair enough, and I was disappointed in him as I though it was a stupid thing to do, especially knowing you already had a yellow.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
But you'd have to say the team that played the more positive rugby will win and from here it looks like the ABs. Irrespective of the red card. "

Its time we called bullshit on this. The game has come down to a kick and scrum fest. Count the number of times up till Bismark's dismissal that the NZ team kicked an up and under. It was virtually their only way of attacking once the ball left the forwards. SA were just as bad. This RC NZ has shown little backline adventure, just scoring off their opposition's mistakes. Some people might say that this is a great team playing great rugby. But I have seen very few examples of clean backline breaks off their own ball. SA play the same way all the time. They might be the two best teams in the world but its very negative and pretty boring to watch.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thought the first Bismarck YC was tough,but 2nd one was fair enough, and I was disappointed in him as I though it was a stupid thing to do, especially knowing you already had a yellow.
Both cards were terrible calls. I have seen that exact same thing happen 3 times since that 2nd card. The first was just a good hit.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I must say in the 80's and 90's I loved the All Blacks game. Since professionalism I must say I have come to despise the way they play the game. The cynical professional fouls when a team starts to get a roll on. The petulant talk to the ref (see Nonu tonight when he lost the ball against De Villiers), the way the "rub of the green" always favours the Black team. Notice that after they got reamed in the first scrum the ABs started collapsing when the Boks actually had 15 players.
The final straw for me regarding the ABs is the behaviour of the supporters, the arrogance, the booing Cooper over a spat that McCaw himself started when they have in their revered history two (and more) true thugs in Loe and Meads, talking, shouting, whistling etc during opponents National Anthems but expecting silence for theirs as well as their pretty little dance.

It is funny that their supporters think that the ABs were well on top when they played 2/3rds of this game with a 1 many advantage and still committed the usual professional fouls when the opposition threatened.
I don't think thy have changed a bit.Technology just makes it easier to spot when they cheat.
There was a good little video posted recently,showing Hayden? Jumping sideways ,making it look like he was fouled in a line out against Wales,to win a penalty and the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.