• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Springboks - Eden Park, Sept 14th 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Haven't seen interviews, but have always found Meyer and Jdv are pretty classy.
Also like to add, I hope that Sam Cane starts to get credit I think he deserves, as I thought he went bloody well. Thought Piatau looked pretty good replacing Dagg. All in all considering no McCaw, most of game without Carter, and second half no Dagg it was not to bad in helping to build a little depth!!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Nick Mallett - straight shooter

I think the word Mallet was looking for in reference to the second yellow was "reckless". Yes players fend all of the time, but rarely do they swing an elbow into the throat of the tackler. I really don't think the second one was as "debatable" as the first.

I've heard that Poite gave Bismarck the first yellow for the action that occured on the ground following the tackle. I've rewound that part of the game and just can't see it in the angles provided. If the call was in any way for the tackle itself...that is just atrocious.

Like Slim 293 I missed the first part of the match and only saw the first yellow following Bismarck's second. It was quite early so I decided to grab some breakfast in bed while I watched. Well, had to wash the sheets this afternoon due to my mouth swinging open when I saw the replay that lead to the first yellow card.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Carter is saying there was nothing wrong with the tackle on facebook.
USARugger Poite said at the time that it was no arms - and also at one point (I think) mentioned it was high. So he was just plain wrong - incredibly so as it never looked high or no arms to me even in real time.
Ex post facto justifications only bring his performance into further disrepute and reawaken the issue of the failure of refs to communicate what the f they are ruling on

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
It looked to me like Bismark came from an off side position and led more with his shoulder, but really it was just a brutal, well timed hit that only deserved a penalty if he was offside.
The second was well and truly deserved but the Boks were unfairly penalised by losing their best player.
What a disappointment to have such a good game ruined by poor reffing.
I had $100 on SA to win and but for a dodgy call may well have.
Plenty for SA to prove at home and should be a cracker if they put in a decent ref.

The Incredible Plan

Herbert Moran (7)
In both of bdp's yellows, ayoub really let Poite down IMO. Not defending Poite but a shred of pro active comment in the first situation from the TMO, should have got a proper decision. Either a penalty for offside or not. Think you could probably say the same about the poor communication between the officials in the second instance too.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
possible dumb question (might have my codes mixed up) but I always thought that if you got a red you had to leave the filed, ie not sit on the sidelines and watch as bismark did.

or is that soccer.

tough call to play the abs a man down for over half the game, who is ever gonna win then?

Think I know what the game of the round will be soon...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure what you thought they got wrong with 2nd YC TIP, but first one I agree, had feeling Poite had decide Bismarck was gone before he went upstairs in that one. I still not sure why he was YC, I must admit I thought at first it was high hit in contact, but in seeing replay couldn't really see much in it, and looked ok. I still think regardless it was an absolutely awesome test, loved every minute, and can't wait for Ellis park return game.

T

TooEasyWobbles

Very dirty tactics by RSA last night. Disappointed they decided to play the game like that.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
First yellow was bullshit, the second fair enough

conspiracy theories surrounding the AC's abound - other decision questionable

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It looked to me like Bismark came from an off side position and led more with his shoulder, but really it was just a brutal, well timed hit that only deserved a penalty if he was offside.
The second was well and truly deserved but the Boks were unfairly penalised by losing their best player.
What a disappointment to have such a good game ruined by poor reffing.
I had $100 on SA to win and but for a dodgy call may well have.
Plenty for SA to prove at home and should be a cracker if they put in a decent ref.
Where's the law against "leading more with the shoulder"?
I don't think it actually affected the outcome.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I was gutted for the Saffers yesterday. They were absolutely dudded by the ref and it killed the game as a contest in the second half. That first yellow for BdP wasn't even a penalty, let alone a card. A perfectly legal tackle: it was around the chest/shoulders and he used his arms. The second one was probably fair enough, but you sensed he was so riled up by this point that anything was likely to happen. A pity, because he'd been immense during the time he was actually on the paddock.

The AB's did what they needed to do, but Poite had a shocker and I'm not one to complain about the refereeing that much. The farce at the end with 14 on 13 had to be seen to be believed. A pity, because it was an intense and exciting contest otherwise. It really is the best rivalry in rugby.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Refereeing decisions aside, it was still a great game. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. SA played with a lot of heart and fire, but I thought some of their basic skills let them down a bit. I lost track of how many high balls they dropped and some of the passing along the backline, starting with the halfback was poor.

I thought we were pretty good. Cane played very well indeed but my man of the match was Retallic.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I guess the Saffers may now have some empathy with the Welsh after Warbuton was sent off after "that tackle" in RWC 11.

Both games ruined as spectacles after Red cards.

That was more like the Drew Mitchell red card in Melbourne 2010 Hugh. Rubbish yellow dished out in the first instance.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Thought the first Bismarck YC was tough,but 2nd one was fair enough, and I was disappointed in him as I though it was a stupid thing to do, especially knowing you already had a yellow.

I agree with you 100% Dan. But when the decision had to be made regarding the second yellow, I think the ref should have just awarded the penalty knowing the implications of the second yellow. What made this ref especially arrogant in my view was he was clearly hold by the TMO regarding the Carter tackle that he could not see any foul play. The he says go with what you're thinking which was stupid on the TMO's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.