• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Springboks - Eden Park, Sept 14th 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great Meat Pie from Lambie.

This match has lost a lot of discipline and is almost like a Car Park brawl at the Mean Fiddler in Rouse Hill.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Well the saffas have crashed heavy back to earth after this drumming. Looking at the score line like most folk do outside GNG

AB's are just to good, from there quick clean out, to there perfect body height.
I think mid week training video for the rest of the comp should not be analysing how to beat them but how they play the game.
What? If the Boks had 15 players for that other 50 minutes it would be a different game.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
AB's should now jump every time they are passed the ball. If a SA tackles them in the air then its a penalty according to this ref.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
"At no stage did the Boks look to have this game in hand. There were some nice touches but that was it. We made incisive runs through out the game and continue to now. The Boks have not really breached the line at all. The packs have been pretty even and taken their opportunities.

But you'd have to say the team that played the more positive rugby will win and from here it looks like the ABs. Irrespective of the red card. "

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
"At no stage did the Boks look to have this game in hand. There were some nice touches but that was it. We made incisive runs through out the game and continue to now. The Boks have not really breached the line at all. The packs have been pretty even and taken their opportunities.

But you'd have to say the team that played the more positive rugby will win and from here it looks like the ABs. Irrespective of the red card. "
Would you happen to be quoting Gregor Paul by any chance?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Send one more off and we will have a game of Mungo. 13 aside.

This game will be remembered for a lot of things, for a long time, not necessarily for the right reasons.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Would you happen to be quoting Gregor Paul by any chance?

No, better, the Fern:)
The lack of Bok attacking ability clearly demonstrated throughout the match.
But, it is a hollow victory.
They'll take us at Ellis Park I reckon.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
What? If the Boks had 15 players for that other 50 minutes it would be a different game.

I agree, my point was most people look at the score line when they judge games, I read my post back and failed to get that point accross

It was a good hard game rugby, ruined by a french ref... ( my point )

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I guess the Saffers may now have some empathy with the Welsh after Warbuton was sent off after "that tackle" in RWC 11.

Both games ruined as spectacles after Red cards.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
What started out as the best test In a long time turned into a terrible result because of terrible calls.

Bismarck shouldn't have been carded once let along twice. We still don't know who the best side is in the SH because the boks played half the game with 14 men. So disappointing as I was really looking forward to this test and as I said it started out so positively.

Good too see Nonu finally getting a carded for a late shoulder. It's the second time he has done it in the test season.

Sorry to be negative guys. I was really hoping this one was going to be a blinder and to be fair the players had no part in changing that.

Unlucky Bok fans

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Boks can hold their heads high - a great effort despite some difficult circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.