• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Wallabies, Dunedin, 19th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Found that quite cringeworthy myself

Agree, could not watch more than thirty seconds. Willing to bet the 'pre game promo' tonight (there is always one) will have been written by a ponytailed PR man with equally lofty (read big noble words) and it will sound like something out of the Age of Chivalry.

Of course the age of chivalry never existed, mankind's history has always been bloody and never noble.

The fantasy genre has taken off big time in recent years.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Found that quite cringeworthy myself
Yep lpd, but it not aimed at you, or me really. Trying to fire people up in NZ for the test, as I said I get feeling another test against the Wallabies is getting to be a bit of a yawn, you not going to sell a lot of tickets to watch this Wallaby team play, so remind people about what ABs are etc, it's called marketing!!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
BTW, even more off topic I know, however, I've been thinking of you today, given your location, and the close proximity of the bushfires! I hope you and yours are all ok.

Thanks for the concern, MrD. I'm camped at Glenbrook, there are no fires in my immediate vicinity, the nearest are at Springwood and Winmalee about 10km away to the north-east. However, a mate of mine (a fellow wine-peddler with whom I share warehouse space) lives on Chapman Parade Faulconbridge (it's been featured heavily on the news) and was told to be ready to evacuate his house. Last I heard he hadn't been burnt out, although some houses around him have gone up. He's about 500m east of Springwood HS which was evacuated yesterday morning. Most of the streets over there run along ridge lines off the Great Western Highway, nearly all houses have bush over their back fences or nearby; this is where the bushfires are burning in that part of the Blue Mountains.

M

Muttonbird

That's the guy that was Jake the Muss?
WTF happened to him?

Where ya been? Temuera Morrison is Boba Fett, mate.

That promo was cringeworthy for me too because they tried too hard. Half "All Black Heart" stuff and half pisstake on Temuera's filmography. Tem has been roped into a few things like that since his heyday but luckily his career will be defined by his exceptional portrayal of Jake the Muss.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Yep lpd, but it not aimed at you, or me really. Trying to fire people up in NZ for the test, as I said I get feeling another test against the Wallabies is getting to be a bit of a yawn, you not going to sell a lot of tickets to watch this Wallaby team play, so remind people about what ABs are etc, it's called marketing!!

Actually, I suspect that the main audience is rugby fans from other countries completely, who may want to watch the game on that particular channel. It's also for NZ fans, but I think the main audience is foreigners.

Anyway, I liked it, though obviously if I were an Australian fan I would be reaching for the chunder bucket, much like I did when I lived over there and had to sit through vomit inducing promos for the (then) excellent cricket team.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Very strange comment. He has been average for Wellington. He's coming back from an ACL injury only done in February. He's played 1 and a half ITM Cup games and you think he's ready to dominate at Test level? He will be exposed. Much less threatening than having the Smiths out there.

Jane imo is the most intuitive player in the game atm. And I thought he showed a lot of skills in his recent outings with Wellington. Sadly, he is also out of this game, but Piutau won't let the ABs down.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
By all means, feel free to continue spelling them incorrectly in the future if you want.

It doesn't really bother me. I was more trying to be helpful.

BH - I'm with you. I don't see anything wrong in trying to get the spelling of the players' names right - especially as most of them are posted in the side bar on this thread. Respect.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hard to see the Wobblies getting up for this!!

" Maybe we can do likewise next home test in memory of Richard Loe's eye gouging and tackling above the mouth!"

That's out of order! How can smashing your forearm into the face of a player on the ground be called a tackle??

Here's a thought: We could run a golden oldies Blacks vs Wobblies and they could contest the bladder's slow cup..............................

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watch out for the ITM cup final next week and check out the emerging talent coming through from Wellington and Canterbury.

Hansen will be salivating!

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
he really became a clone of himself then.

anyway, go the wobs, win or lose, all i hope for is a great game of rugby.

Jeez the cross reference to his own Star Wars involvement was a bit tenuous. He may as well have said something about that awful Pakistani helicopter pilot he played in Vertical Limit.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's the guy that was Jake the Muss?
WTF happened to him?

He was in Star Wars and in that Spartacus show.

It's just crazy to me the national pride Kiwis take in that movie which explores the broken parts of Kiwi society, gangs, alcohol, poverty, and violence particularly within the Maori culture. And yet they love it as if it's a nationalistic film.

If anybody has done any weights at all in an off season you can bet on day 1 of pre-season a Kiwi will say "too much weights, not enough speed work". Shesh.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Hard to see the Wobblies getting up for this!!

" Maybe we can do likewise next home test in memory of Richard Loe's eye gouging and tackling above the mouth!"

That's out of order! How can smashing your forearm into the face of a player on the ground be called a tackle??

Here's a thought: We could run a golden oldies Blacks vs Wobblies and they could contest the bladder's slow cup..........

Post reported.

There are some forums that will allow godawful puns like this, but not this one. Up your performance buddy. :)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I decided to put my money where my mouth is and put a small wager on the Wallabies.
I suppose the only reason is that when the Wallabies really look like they're going to get a beating, they do the opposite, and give out a beating.
Odds of $6.75 just too good to not put your toe in the water for.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
You're a lawyer, BDA, I'd imagine any judge'd give you a clip over the ear for submitting a poorly-worded affidavit. As would the Titles Office if you ever got a document for a property conveyance wrong. Miss-spelling people's names is ALWAYS poor form. And bad manners.

haha! ow i know all too well. i lodged transfer documents for Kuridrani once. Ended up transferring his new duplex to a bloke called 'Taveeta Kurrandani'... suffice to say Kuridrani wasn't impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.