• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs Pumas - TRC round 3 - Sept 07 2013 - Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

Well, it's test match day here in NZ.

I heard on the wireless that ground conditions in Hamilton are excellent but showers are forecast throughout the day and some rain into the night.

The All Blacks have shown they are interested in pursuing the high-tempo game by re-introducing ball-running tight-head Charlie Faumuina and electric, but risky, Francis Saili. The inclusion of Saili means Hansen's picked Smith to reduce the risk but imo Smith needs a rest from games like this. Smith rates his opposite, Marcelo Bosch, as the key to the Pumas' backline.

The Pumas don't travel well and this trip will be no different. During the week, ex-Pumas coach Grizz Wylie said the players suffered from home-sickness while touring and while many now play in the NH and are used to being away from home, it's probably still a factor. I'm picking the All Blacks' speed in decision-making will unravel the Pumas in rapid time.

All Blacks: Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore, Charlie Faumuina, Brodie Retallick, Samuel Whitelock, Steven Luatua, Richie McCaw (c), Kieran Read, Aaron Smith, Daniel Carter, Julian Savea, Francis Saili, Conrad Smith, Ben Smith, Israel Dagg. Reserves: Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Ben Franks, Jeremy Thrush, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Beauden Barrett, Charles Piutau.

Argentina: Juan Martin Hernandez; Gonsalo Camacho, Marcelo Bosch, Santiago Fernandez, Horacio Agulla; Nicolas Sanchez, Martin Landajo; Juan Manuel Leguizamon, Pablo Matera, Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe (capitan); Julio Farias Cabello, Manuel Carizza; Juan Figallo, Eusebio Guiazu, Marcos Ayerza. Reserves: Agustin Creevy, Nahuel Lobo, Juan Pablo Orlandi, Mariano Galarza, Benjamin Macome, Tomas Cubelli, Felipe Contepomi, Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino.

And finally, one for GGR:
Rugby: McCaw has faith in officials
Rikki Swannell, Newstalk ZBSeptember 6, 2013, 7:12 pm
All Blacks captain Richie McCaw has faith in the officials to handle any niggly tactics thrown at them by Argentina tomorrow night.
Two Argentine players were cited for incidents in their last test against South Africa, with one suspended for biting.
McCaw says while they won't back down, talk of dirty play may have been a bit overstated.
"There's ways of imposing yourself physically but there's no place in the game for any stuff like that and I think as a whole, the times I've played Argentina have been fine."

The All Blacks have had a rather relaxed final run, with the majority of the team finding time for a spot of American football, while the goal kickers have been a thorough pre-test routine.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting to see how Saili goes, I think he is quite a good player.

Looks like a much stronger lineup from the Pumas too. Lobbe is back, they really missed him. He really provides that team with direction. I see Hernandez is playing fullback, isn't his best position 10?

Should be a good game.

M

Muttonbird

Yeah, two of their big guns return from injury which is good to see. Also good to see they appear to have access to their NH based players. There were concerns at the start of the RC that this wouldn't be the case.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Carter must have his running boots on cos his kicking ones are shit atm

He's my fantasy rugby capt, he is killing my team right now. All will be forgiven if he gets a meat pie.

For the sake of wanting a contest I hope the Argies can keep up this effort for the full game.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
AB's have to put the hard yards up the middle and the right to go wide. Think they're going too early at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.