• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues vs Brumbies RD 10 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Seemed neither side wanted to kick so we wound up with 80 mins of league style one-off hit-ups. Grubbers might’ve worked but maybe Hawera didn’t back himself to do it right? Cos fuck it up and, staggered broken play, hello, that’s Blues Polynesian basketball jailbreak time.

AIoane and Luatua were fucking everyones shit up for Blues counter rucking, just one man wrecking balls in there. Hoping Hansen can be mature enough to consider Luatua for Lions tour even though he’s probably livid the young fella will set himself and his family up for life later in the year by playing at some dreary frozen bogsnot rec centre in Bristol in front of 114 old men who all wished they had died yesterday.

Please write a book Dismal.

I need to read it.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Dear god no

Reasons I want the Waratahs to win on the weekend:

+ 4 (or 5 competitions points) to put us just behind (or equal with) the Brumbies as conference leaders.

+ To watch Dismal see the Blues lose to a team that lost to the fucking Southern Kings two rounds ago and subsequently implode in a glorious fashion all over the Green and Gold message board like a highway mosquito on a dusty windscreen.

Imagine the prose.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
+ To watch Dismal see the Blues lose to a team that lost to the fucking Southern Kings two rounds ago and subsequently implode in a glorious fashion all over the Green and Gold message board like a highway mosquito on a dusty windscreen.

Imagine the prose.

It's true that adversity brings out the best in Dismal.

The internet deserves it.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
You have identified the same issue i believe is the key issue holding Australian teams back. Aussie rugby is so worried about making errors that play themselves out of the game. Its a mentality issue, and an issue coached and trained in to them.

Aussie sides are consumed with defence and as such won't take the chances in attack. This is where the structure issue stem from. Good defence relies on good disciplined structure but that has been so well ingrained its entrenched in our players its habitual, and in game plans and has become so ridiculously predicated on the concept (arguably obsessively) that its used as a platform for our attack which has lead to it being is basic and predictable. Mick Byrne has clearly identified Aussie rugby can play unstructured, and its also been well proven on the rugby field when we play Kiwi teams. IMHO, this is the root cause.

Kiwi teams and even the Lions take an approach that to out score you they will take chances that will lead to errors that will cost them points; but the rewards are more point than the blead so they know will outscore you doing it.

Have a quick look at the way the Kings and the Sunwolves played on the weekend. They are now progressing far more than any Aussie teams and starting to mix it with the best by taking the risks to get rewards.

Nothing will change until we get fresh blood in the coaches box. As for the current crop of coaches like Larkham, they need significant time away from Aussie Rugby to break the habits and moulds, and mentality and get exposed to see things from a new prospective.

As for the Larkham player criticism, I certainly don't agree, and I think with some fresh prospective he could be a really good coach.

Only thing I have to say on this point is both the Rebels and the Tahs have been poor defenders this year as well as poor in attack. The Force & Brumbies are the best defenders and the Reds have been too undisciplined which has compromised their defence.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Only thing I have to say on this point is both the Rebels and the Tahs have been poor defenders this year as well as poor in attack. The Force & Brumbies are the best defenders and the Reds have been too undisciplined which has compromised their defence.

I didn't say they were good at it!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Yes and no. The Tahs have scored more points than the other Aus teams, averaging 24 points / game. All the Aus teams should be better, and certainly the Tahs are butchering a lot of chances. Their biggest issue by far is the points conceded, the second worst in the conference to the Rebels.

Status
Not open for further replies.