• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aug 6th 2016. Super Rugby Final. Canes vs Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world not only after the light but after the darkness"
800px-Transfiguration_by_Feofan_Grek_from_Spaso-Preobrazhensky_Cathedral_in_Pereslavl-Zalessky_%2815th_c%2C_Tretyakov_gallery%29.jpeg

“And thus the transfiguration shall be complete, yea though we score truckloads of tries, and used to choke against the Cantabs, thus forth, with commemorative nuclear detonation, we shall unconsciously signal that we intend likewise to usurp the Sam Cane AB Captaincy Tenureship Underailable Freight Train and derail the Akira Ioane breakless hype train and transform the Super Rugby world not only after the light but after the darkness".
--Ardie Savea, centre, in alternate white strip, flanked by other Canes forwards.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Should be called barret vs Lions.

Without barret I don't think the canes have a chance. He is unbelievable. The Lions are one of the best units I have ever seen in super rugby. As a group they work so well

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
“And thus the transfiguration shall be complete, yea though we score truckloads of tries, and used to choke against the Cantabs, thus forth, with commemorative nuclear detonation, we shall unconsciously signal that we intend likewise to usurp the Sam Cane AB Captaincy Tenureship Underailable Freight Train and derail the Akira Ioane breakless hype train and transform the Super Rugby world not only after the light but after the darkness".
--Ardie Savea, centre, in alternate white strip, flanked by other Canes forwards.

How shall the mighty weep, and then console, if thout beloved and revered Canes, whom enter'ith in to the Colosseum for battle, do stumble and fall prey to the Lions; shall the eyes of those from the long white cloud be able to cope'eth with being humbled by thine Bokke or shall the tears be all consuming?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
"Christ I Mean the Canes" is what people say when they automatically say "Chiefs" when talking about the Supe final.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry to go off topic, this being an Arts thread & all, but the long-range forecast for Saturday is pretty shit: wet, cold & windy even by Wellywood standards. Gotta hope the front blows through quicker than expected.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also sanzarrugby.com are now listing a 5:35 AEST kickoff which is good as I'll have time for a post-work beer & to call into Dan Murphy's to pick up some essential supplies :)

On a not-so-bright note, there's a 12-day gap between the Super Rugby Final & the first M10 Cup match. Rio 7's will help fill some of the gap but, shit, 12 days without footy, what's a man supposed to do?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
On a not-so-bright note, there's a 12-day gap between the Super Rugby Final & the first M10 Cup match. Rio 7's will help fill some of the gap but, shit, 12 days without footy, what's a man supposed to do?

Check out what's been going on in the Reds thread WOB. Most of us tend to fill in the non-rugby periods with bickering, pointless off topic arguments and frustratingly boring pedantry on any topic we can find. It's probably different to what you're used to but after a while you do get used to it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Check out what's been going on in the Reds thread WOB. Most of us tend to fill in the non-rugby periods with bickering, pointless off topic arguments and frustratingly boring pedantry on any topic we can find. It's probably different to what you're used to but after a while you do get used to it.

Yep - long live the Reds' thread. Can always count on something being posted there.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Check out what's been going on in the Reds thread WOB. Most of us tend to fill in the non-rugby periods with bickering, pointless off topic arguments and frustratingly boring pedantry on any topic we can find
pattern emerging

GAGR: Aus rugby in low state so the "Shute Shield"/ Junior/Club rugby etc (never looked) & franchise threads whirr along every day, all year round. Off-topic=DEAD.
TSF: NZ rugby in rude health, not much to gripe about, so everyone has a gaye old time in off-topic

Any forums engine is its off-topic, people come for the forum focus but stay for the comraderie.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
pattern emerging

GAGR: Aus rugby in low state so the "Shute Shield"/ Junior/Club rugby etc (never looked) & franchise threads whirr along every day, all year round. Off-topic=DEAD.
TSF: NZ rugby in rude health, not much to gripe about, so everyone has a gaye old time in off-topic

Any forums engine is its off-topic, people come for the forum focus but stay for the comraderie.

I dunno - even when Wallabies do well there's still plenty of bitching to be done about the player from (insert state you don't like / Waratah) who didn't win by playing in the style concocted in your head. Keeps the servers ticking. Quade is a subsection of this effect.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Keeps the servers ticking. Quade is a subsection of this effect.

sounds like a daft PhotoGraphic EthnoGraphy waiting to happen...
".....and from there, Deans separates the Quade posts into their Post Pots, as pictured below, from left-to-right; Disillusion, Dissatisfaction, Dreamboat, Disgust, Dickhead, Distaste, Distension, Dildo and a second Dickhead pot, to house the excess run-off from Dickhead Pot 1."
photobuck02.jpg

"Oi! Deans! Stop slyly reading that 'Dreamboat' post! No stiffies allowed on the work floor!"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referee: Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
Assistant Referees: Angus Gardner (Australia), Ben O’Keeffe (New Zealand)
TMO: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting. I had understood that Angus was lined up for the key role for this match.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Also sanzarrugby.com are now listing a 5:35 AEST kickoff which is good as I'll have time for a post-work beer & to call into Dan Murphy's to pick up some essential supplies :)

Just thank your lucky stars you were born a NZer. I've got a roughly 5 week wait.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
A list of things to to between the Super rugby final & start of the NPC/ITM cup/whatever the hell it's called nowadays:

1. Cry
  2. Watch replays
  3. watch & delete foxtel recordings
  4. work/uni/school stuff
  5. make TRC predictions
  6. whinge about the state of Australian Rugby
  7. whinge about refs
  8. whinge about team selections
  9. argue with people on the internet
  10. lots and lots of other stuff.
:):):)
anyway....

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not sure why Gardner isn't reffing the final? He has the benefit of being both a good ref and not being a New Zealander or South African.

Also glad to see that the final will indeed kickoff at 7:30 pm, and not an hour earlier. It's all well and good for the Lions to prance around the hard, dry African prairies playing skillful running rugby, but what I'm interested to see is if they have the skills to pull it off in in the middle of a NZ winter. Specifically, if they can play that game in the middle of a swirling, biting south-westerly sleet storm straight out of the Antarctic. The Irish have succumbed to the NZ/Wellington winter before. If it's as bad as it's forecast to be, then I wouldn't hold out much hope for the South Africans doing any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.