• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aug 6th 2016. Super Rugby Final. Canes vs Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Interesting. I had understood that Angus was lined up for the key role for this match.

Probably lost it when he failed to bring play back for a scrum when Cruden kicked off in front of the half way line. ;)

His pedantry during the season cost him in my book.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Probably lost it when he failed to bring play back for a scrum when Cruden kicked off in front of the half way line. ;)

His pedantry during the season cost him in my book.

Just on Gardiner, I heard one of the Brumbies coaches has been fined for sending him an abusive email?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Just on Gardiner, I heard one of the Brumbies coaches has been fined for sending him an abusive email?

If its true a formal suspension should be the punishment and depending on the context and content banning could well be appropriate. Just far beyond acceptable if it came from a player, if it comes from a coach and official of the club its exponentially worse. If true of course.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If its true a formal suspension should be the punishment and depending on the context and content banning could well be appropriate. Just far beyond acceptable if it came from a player, if it comes from a coach and official of the club its exponentially worse. If true of course.

As above......... he's apologised to Gardner and been fined $10,000:

Just another reason McKellar shouldn't take over after Bernie.....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ed-referee-confrontation-20160802-gqjfac.html

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Where is the info about an abusive email?

The SANZAAR judiciary finding seemed to suggest it was comments made after the game in person.

A SANZAAR Judicial Hearing conducted by Terry Willis (Australia) has found the Brumbies Assistant Coach, Dan McKellar, guilty of Misconduct under the SANZAAR Code of Conduct following the Brumbies v Highlanders match on 22 July 2016.

In his finding Mr Willis concluded that, by his own admission, Mr McKellar had used crude and insulting language toward the Match Referee and as such had breached the SANZAAR Code of Conduct Sections 8.3 (k) and 8.3 (l) which states: “All persons shall not use crude, insulting or abusive language towards Match Officials."

Mr Willis confirmed that Mr McKellar should be fined AUS$10,000 for the SANZAAR Code of Conduct breach, of which AUS$5,000 is to be suspended for a 12 month period.

Mr McKellar was also formally reprimanded and issued with a warning as to the likely consequences of further unacceptable behaviour and told that any further Code of Conduct breach within 12 months would result in the suspended AUS$5,000 becoming immediately payable.

Mr McKellar has unreservedly apologised for his behaviour to the Match Referee Angus Gardner and agreed that this type of behaviour has no place in the game.

The Judicial Officer directed that, save for the SANZAAR Chief Executive Officer responding to the media in terms consistent with this media release, no person involved in the proceedings will make any further comment in respect of this matter.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Good to see McKellar apologised to Gardner for shitty comments.

I wonder if Gardner apologised to the Brumbies for shit decisions.:) that fucked their season and probably cost them a lot of money.

Unfortunately when a Ref fucks up, and the ramifications of those mistaken calls are huge, the team on the shitty end just has to cop it sweet.

If anyone makes a comment (and I am not condoning McKellars behaviour) then he or she are just bad sports and the reason given is "mistakes happen" or "The Ref is only human"

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am not a fan of McKellar's coaching feats with the ACT Vikings or the Brumbies. Way too much emphasis on the set piece to produce points, and we saw that there are no guarantees that a dominant scrum will earn those opportunities for points if the ref is having a bad day.

I am even less impressed with his apparent rant at Gardner after the quarter final, but it doesn't do anybody any good to make up a story or to further communicate a story about abusive emails for apparently sensational purposes.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bloody Aussies their team is not in the final bot the they need to foul up the thread with their own news bites :rolleyes:

Go Lions.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well feel free to start some match chat you two.

Go Lions!

Hell Scoey I starting to get a bit nervous, and not sure how deep I want to discuss the match, you have to remember I a Canes supporter since their very first game against Blues in Palmerston North way back , so I tend to spend this time in a final week to try and steel myself against any disappointment coming my way.
But "GO THE CANES"

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Whiteley fit to return to the starting lineup and lead the team. The only change to last week's team with Ruan Ackermann dropping down to the bench.

Lions – 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Ruan Combrinck, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley (c), 7 Warwick Tecklenburg, 6 Jaco Kriel, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Julian Redelinghuys, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Dylan Smith.
Subs: 16 Akker van der Merwe, 17 Corné Fourie, 18 Jacques van Rooyen, 19 Lourens Erasmus, 20 Ruan Ackermann, 21 Ross Cronjé, 22 Howard Mnisi, 23 Jaco van der Walt.

http://m.sarugbymag.co.za/?postslug=/blog/details/whiteley-back-for-lions1#whiteley-back-for-lions1

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Well feel free to start some match chat you two.

Go Lions!

Lions are the good news story of this bullshit tournament. It's unaustralian to not follow them.

While I am extremely happy for the Lions I will not be cheering for them. That said, after being the competitions whipping boys since time began I will definitely not be unhappy if they do take it out.

Bet they even give Force fans reason to hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.