1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus League start to look in SA for talent

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by PaarlBok, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Me and NTA had this one going and this the latest in this new development.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25348554-5013406,00.html

So they release the names now, Paul Roos it is.

http://http//news.smh.com.au/breaki.0625-cxza.html

Congrats to them they look at the right place! :'(
  2. Cutter Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Dont worry PB. It wont work out and he will sign with the Tahs in a year or two.
  3. Lee Grant John Eales (66)

At last another 3N rugby union nation to suffer poaching by the NRL.

Welcome to the club.
  4. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

Yep, once the Roosters have his visa in order. I figured there was a good reason for NSWRU and Sydney Roosters to have adjacent HQ buildings.
    Tahs have a carrot of annual tips to SA to meet up with friends and family
  5. TOCC Guest

i was speaking to a saffa friend the other day who still has strong links to rugby in RSA, im not sure exactly how true what he was saying, but he said that the QRU and RugbyWA have been quite active in RSA attracting juniors to Australia.

Whole families are moving over to Australia he seems to think.
  6. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Ja have said it a few times via Ruaan Smith, they are quite active this side of the ditch but this kid is quite unique. He will play Craven Week for WP in a few weeks time and surprise the WP lot let him play. He'll play with Lanes boy in SA's premier schoolboy competition. Words have it there is more kids to follow him.
  7. Brittany

Yes, but can the lad bend the elbow and trash the confines of an inner city establishment.
    The Roosters are a club with a (proud ???) tradition to uphold.

What's that Nate ?
    No this is the hallway son, and Jake be a friend, take the bus home please.
    By the way has anyone seen Freddy ?

Uggghhhh . I hope the money's good !
  8. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Oh well I dont understand much you try and tell me Boet, the avator sort of attrack my attention. But the kid sure is a good talent, Go to the Craven Week thread. You'll see both Lanes boy and JP performing for WP in SA'a premium schoolboy competition.
  9. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

Hey PB,
    It's a reference to the off-field trouble that NRL club the Sydney Roosters are in this week, one of their players (Nate Myles) was found in the middle of the night naked in his hotel corridor having taken a dump on their carpet.
    Freddy is the Roosters coach, a few months ago he was forced to fine himself $10,000 for wandering into some other hotel guests room blind drunk. a fine example for his players.
    They're also into "bending the elbow", which is code for getting your old fella out with 10 or so teammates and having a play with yourselves while one of your mates bangs a chick.
    A dubious environment to nurture this young saffa talent, as Brittany says, I hope the money's good !
  10. barbarian Nick Farr-Jones (63)

I thought bending the elbow was drinking :nta:
  11. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

Since it's the Roosters and not the Sharks you're probably right.. they've more of a paraletic drinking culture than a circle-jerking culure in the eastern suburbs..
  12. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Thanks Moses, I get the picture now. Shite not looking good . :eek:
  13. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

I'm sure a fair bit of it will come down to the quality of the individual, it will depend on how easily swayed he is as to the kind of man he turns into. Regardless, he'll still be welcome at the Tahs.
  14. Cutter Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Unless he turns into a moron. Moses you are sacked from Waratah recruitment.
  15. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

I just want someone who can catch and pass in the backline. is that too much to ask?
  16. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

We have a backline?
  17. Ash Michael Lynagh (62)

Moses, you forgot Roosters hooker Jake Friend punching a reporter's neice in the face at a nightclub. Or was that mentioned further up? Can't be bothered to check.
  18. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Saw JP has made SA Schools and scoring a try against a very good England team over the weekend.
    Rugby365
    Also read in our Boer Rapport on the weekend about him
    Rapport
  19. the gambler Dave Cowper (27)

Translation please PB.

Saw Farrell play his first senior match for Saracens against the Western Force. He was on the bench with his dad. Was entertaining them warm up together. Looked like he had more than a fair share of talent.
  20. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

OK will try my best.

JP had a dad crises because everybody thought he was Carel Doep, the prince of wings kid. He grow up in the Free State at Reitz Prymary (Doc Craven also root from there) and played flanker, his dad coach him (his dad was Carels team mate for the Gazelles in the isolation years) and is involved with the Golden Lions at the moment.

The bolded part is that he will be a Aussie the next three years with the league lot and will study marketing.