1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus League start to look in SA for talent

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by PaarlBok, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

So JP ending his schoolboy career on a allmighty high for Paul Roos. They beat the mighty Grey boys from Osfontein on the weekend.
    Rugby365
  2. Lance Free Arch Winning (36)

It's a real shame that this duup kid is going to be exposed to the awful 'mungo' culture that surrounds rugby league. It will corrupt him and pull him down. Sure, you have 'mungos' in your game as well but I'm sure it isn't anything like you get in league here. If he's a god fearing boy he's going to be in for a bit of a culture shock. Hopefully he can find some saffas or Dutch Reformed Church types in Sydney to mix with and keep him honest. I think you need to save him PB?
  3. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Ag well I think his culture and feet is cemented. Our Boer lot dont fall that easily in the traps of milk and honey. He sure will give it his best shot in being working hard but maybe you lot can get him into playing rugby again after his stunt.
  4. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

IOL
  5. Lance Free Arch Winning (36)

That's all well and good Keenan saying that, but the reality of signing young rugby players from a foreign country to play a game they've never seen before in Australia is a completely different thing. I doubt very much whether they'll be signing up too many. The risk factors are too high for both parties.
  6. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Well in the end young JP du Plessis decided to stay and will play next year for the Lions. His dad is on the Lions coaching staff and surely with Jake White involved there he is going to meet up with some fine talent coming through in SA rugby. SA Schoolboy players going to the Lions are : Garth April, JR Esterhuizen (Paarl Gym), Jaco Taute (playing CC for the Lions) & Gareth Topkins (Rondebosch Boys). Finaly it look like the Lions is starting to investigate in the right fashion, their youth structure and is sure they'll get the dividends.