• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus v WI

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BillyWebb

NTA said:
Two minutes would be enough for two times? :nta:

Possibly 3 if I don't pause to change condoms....

It's a race... isn't it? :lmao:

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Watson has justified his spot in the side, but I'm sure even the selectors know that spot is at 5 or 6.

Hughes will be back and will end up with a much higher test average than Watson.

Hussey hasn't had any good innings. Even when he has scored runs it has been scratchy and with a lot of luck. Australia can't afford to carry players through extended form slumps anymore, and it is time that someone made the hard decision. I like the guy and by all accounts he is a very nice person, but he isn't going to quit himself, he has to be pushed.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Hussey's gotta go, and as much as I like him Katich shits me to tears when he goes out to loose shots. I so want him to be the player in the mold of Steve Waugh v2.0, cut all the risky shots from his game and do not sell your wicket cheaply

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So we need an opener and to shift Watson down to where he belongs.

Who is our opener? is Hughes ready to come back? He's got some massive flaws in his game and needs a bit of the Steve Waugh treatment too... Jaques? Wilderness.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Katich
Jaques
Ponting
Clarke
North
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Lee
Clark
Krejza

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Now watch the QLDers come in here and accuse us of NSW bias because we didn't mention anyone except Hughes and Jaques :)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NTA said:
Now watch the QLDers come in here and accuse us of NSW bias because we didn't mention anyone except Hughes and Jaques :)

why? Because we think Ryan Broad or Nick Kruger should be picked :nta: :nta:

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Australian cricket teams have always reflected the strongest state. Queensland had, quite rightly, more than its fair share of players in the test teams of the last decade or so during their most successful period. Before that from, say, they early 70s for the next 20 years WA had by far the largest number of players in the test team.

Those with long enough memories might recall the unsurpassed run NSW had from 53/54 to 65/66 when they won the Sheffield Shield 11 times in 13 seasons. WA came on stream shortly after in 67/68 when they won 14 times in 32 seasons. And then Queensland finally got a victory in 94/95, the first of a run of 6 wins in 12 seasons. The test teams of those times properly reflected the success of the strongest state, as it does now with up to half the team coming from New South Wales.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
good recovery to keep this test within reach.

but geez hasn't twatson lived up to his name of late. i'm one to back him on his skill level (unlike others i realize) and i still think he deserves a spot in the squad based on talent and usefulness. but he is a complete cock at times and he's letting it show this test. strutting around like an absolute goose, disgusting. i hope he gets fined accordingly.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So it would appear. The leadership is to blame. Ponting talks in post-match conferences about player behaviour, but on the field he's the worst offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.