• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gotta say the Brumbies disappointed massively out there.

And was Link's game plan to just chuck it wide? That is shite.

Oh and can all the McMeniman supporters please crawl back under their Rick?

-------------------------------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Best two players: Hooper (waratahs). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (waratahs).

Just saying

And JOC (James O'Connor) should never have been out there. Never, never, never.

If link wants to start winning, he needs honest toilers like Cummins

I hate autocorrect .

In the end I felt that JOC (James O'Connor) and Mogg were both better than Folau.........

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I don't think he did anything special to replace To'omua who was on debut against the All Blacks....

I think he did. He can actually pass 15 metres with pace on the ball. It opened the play up at the end there. You'll get your mistakes with him but if you want to beat the All Blacks you need something more than 'solid'. The few times they actually PASSED WELL and RAN ONTO THE BALL they made space and metres.

I think it can be all summed up with just pure skill execution. Passing in the backs, CLEARING THE RUCKS better, tackling well, winning the collisions and solid set pieces. Just do everything slightly better and more consistently and you win. Easy right...

Bloody Genia has something like a force field when he runs. Everyone is scared of when he's going to pass it and he just keeps going. lol. That's why you run with the ball in two hands I guess.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
Blicks too good. Another "home" win.

Positives: lineout was impeccable (Simmons?) and Hooper.

I thought JOC (James O'Connor) played well besides the defence mistake early.

Quade looked more dangerous but the game was well and truly over by then.

I liked Joubert, strict at the breakdown and didn't take shit at the end sending Whitelock off for being a clown.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Gee McCaw had a great game for someone who according to the media all week was old and underdone.

Speaking of, I think Michael Hooper has nicked McCaw's invisibility cloak, he came in from the side so many times and never got pinged. He was the Wallabies best around the park though.

Nonu once again produces a great performance in a test despite poor S15 form. If there was a S15 team who wore all black, he would win the comp for them probably.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
My theory is the Wallabies performances in recent times are directly linked to KooGa. We never played nearly this bad, or wore jerseys this bad, before they signed on to be our kit supplier.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In the end I felt that JOC (James O'Connor) and Mogg were both better than Folau...

Are you fucking high? Folau wasn't as involved, but the other two were responsible for 15-20 points between them

Even an ex-prop like me thinks Mogg is not worthy of surviving until next week ahead of Folau.

I hate autocorrect ...

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
It should be tough for teams to play in Australia. But it isn't. That was an All Blacks home game minus the bad weather.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Are you fucking high? Folau wasn't as involved, but the other two were responsible for 15-20 points between them

Even an ex-prop like me thinks Mogg is not worthy of surviving until next week ahead of Folau.

I hate autocorrect .

The other two had their negatives, but some positives as well.........

Folau had probably the least amount of involvement of anyone in both squads.........

I'm sure our waterboy was more involved in that game..........

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
And despite being one of our "better" players, Genia needs to stop fluffing about at the ruck and get the bloody ball out...

Couldn't agree more Slim. Genia's running game and vision are still up there with the best but he does have the knack of slowing things down at the wrong time. Also a little critical of his passing game tonight. With so much emphasis on correct body height heading into the contact, he does through quite a few high passes that make it hard for the forwards to get back down before contact. I counted at least 4 or 5 tonight.

All that said, I wouldn't drop him for a million bucks but he can do better.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, stop trying to milk a penalty at every ruck and get the ball out........

He was just as responsible for much of the slow ball as our forwards.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom