• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Big series for M.Marsh here. Needs to stand up a bit more with the bat.

Perhaps Siddle should be rewarded with t a bit of faith after the last test of the Ashes but it'd be hard to leave Hazlewood out. There's just something about him!

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
1-503....... Shit.The.Bed

The pitch is in a shambles!

f840c609-ac4b-4458-bf84-e37d2efe7541_800.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The landing zones for the pace bowlers are still alright. Fucking harden up! Maybe you shouldn't have bowled so many overs on it you bloody big girl's blouses!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The landing zones for the pace bowlers are still alright. Fucking harden up! Maybe you shouldn't have bowled so many overs on it you bloody big girl's blouses!
They were saying it was unsafe to bat on. NZ had only been bowling a slow medium bowler and spinners today because the pitch was doing all sorts of things.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They were saying it was unsafe to bat on. NZ had only been bowling a slow medium bowler and spinners today because the pitch was doing all sorts of things.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Funny how they only made that call once it was their turn to bat - whatever attack they chose to deploy

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Funny how they only made that call once it was their turn to bat - whatever attack they chose to deploy

A very good point - they had the opportunity to bowl their fast men but were probably sick of chasing leather. Saying the pitch isn't safe, but not taking advantage of it to prove a point, is bollocks.

They already shortened the game from 4 to 3 days so they could get more time in Brisbane. Now they've just made their own prophecy.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Cricket Australia have just announced that all future touring teams will now play their final 1st class match at Cawkers Well Cricket Club. Apparently the ground the we recently served up to the Kiwis has been deemed as being too friendly and respectful to touring teams.

4315160-3x2-700x467.jpg

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
A very good point - they had the opportunity to bowl their fast men but were probably sick of chasing leather. Saying the pitch isn't safe, but not taking advantage of it to prove a point, is bollocks.

They already shortened the game from 4 to 3 days so they could get more time in Brisbane. Now they've just made their own prophecy.

What?? Did you want to see another Hughes-like incident? I think the players at the ground may have had a bit more knowledge of the conditions and dangers than one of us.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What?? Did you want to see another Hughes-like incident? I think the players at the ground may have had a bit more knowledge of the conditions and dangers than one of us.

Judging by today's papers, Cricket Australia are embarrassed about it and rightly so. Surely there is a process in place to check on the pitch a day or two before the match and move it if necessary.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Judging by today's papers, Cricket Australia are embarrassed about it and rightly so. Surely there is a process in place to check on the pitch a day or two before the match and move it if necessary.

Agreed - though as they said the pitch prep was fucked by the weather. Hot, then raining, then more hot.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And so onto cricket, which used to be something to really look forward to for me every summer. I fear it will be more shitty sniping journalism, bad behaviour on the field and overbearing jingoism rather than champagne cricket.
I read this piece regarding Smith and McCullum's little disagreement, and I took from it the thought that it would be nice if the Aus cricket team took a leaf from Stephen Moore and his team and decided not to start the season stating just how twattish they plan to behave. Sure, they'll stay on the right side of the line.

However, Smith forecast the Australians would look to replicate the same in-your-face sledging tactics used against New Zealand in March’s World Cup final — an approach that brought with it criticism from some circles.
“I think that’s the way we play our best cricket — if we’re aggressive and positive,” he said.
“We know there’s a line that can’t be crossed and our players are going to be playing that hard aggressive cricket and making sure we stay on the right side of that line.”

Link here.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
"We'll be dickheads but we won't be suspension worthy dickheads."

Yeah. Not that I have any great belief that McCullum and the Black Caps are the "White Knights" of cricket, as they like to be portrayed. I just wish the statement would be "we're going to play really bloody good cricket" and let that be the headline.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah. Not that I have any great belief that McCullum and the Black Caps are the "White Knights" of cricket, as they like to be portrayed. I just wish the statement would be "we're going to play really bloody good cricket" and let that be the headline.

Except that won't be true.

At least they're whipping it out up front and waving it in everyone's face, much as none of us like it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's all about letting David Warner and co play their natural game.

That's 60% batting and 40% being a dickhead.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Getting a bit precious. Two years ago Clarke was a hero for saying to get ready for a broken arm. How is Smith's comments any worse? It's been a trademark of the team since Lehmann took over and now you want them to be more like Cheika and Moore, seriously?? The same Cheika that smashed a glass door and abused an official in South Africa when things weren't going his way. What a saint:rolleyes:

Season hasn't started. Let's give them all a chance before having a go based on some meaningless statements. On the evidence of Smith's games in charge verse India it seems pretty unlikely bad behaviour is going to be an issue. Warner is probably the only player there who has a history. The other 10 players are probably all a lot quieter than the typical Aus team of the past. I look at Burns, Khwaja, Voges, Lyon and Nevill and definitely don't see players looking to push behavioural boundaries. The fast men will be the same as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.