• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is Poey going to play in Japan depending how his senate run goes? He’s tagged Panasonic knights in a training video on instagram

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Can one of the Super Rugby sides appoint Andy Friend as coach to stop the poaching....

Porch and O'Donnell have played Aussie 7s so cannot represent another country but Ralston I can see following Hansen and also representing Ireland Barbarians.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can one of the Super Rugby sides appoint Andy Friend as coach to stop the poaching....

Porch and O'Donnell have played Aussie 7s so cannot represent another country but Ralston I can see following Hansen and also representing Ireland Barbarians.
Ireland team is made up of blokes that didn't quite crack it in Super Rugby Aki, Bealham, Gibson-Park, Lowe + Hansen

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Ireland team is made up of blokes that didn't quite crack it in Super Rugby Aki, Bealham, Gibson-Park, Lowe + Hansen
Are u sure??? Aki played like 50 Super Rugby games for Chiefs, it's something like 2 full seasons and Lowe played something similar, both at great level. Both players would give to any Wallaby a good run for their money

Marce

John Thornett (49)
So RA has to fight against NRL and Irish rugby for their players lol

It's time to carefully sign the young promises

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ireland very brumbiesk in turning others players (for brumbies read nsw and qld players) into top notch national players. Credit to Ireland as they are consistently ranked higher then wallabies so must be doing something right.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ireland very brumbiesk in turning others players (for brumbies read nsw and qld players) into top notch national players. Credit to Ireland as they are consistently ranked higher then wallabies so must be doing something right.
Yeah credit to them developing their own kids

Reactions: TSR

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Not a real surprise to see Ralston head north for additional opportunity.

With Pulu and Mataela holding the wing starting spots at the Force and with Daniel Alla (a favourite of mine), Reece Tapine, George Poolman, and an ex sevens player in the Academy probably putting pressure on for spots next year he probably thinks he may have a better opportunity overseas to get game time, especially with the amount of games they play and the very limited amount non wallabies play here.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So Hansen, Porch, O'Donnell and now Ralston. Surely they have enough Aussie outside backs.
Far be it from me to criticise any individuals right to work abroad BUT traitorous rugby players such as these disloyal mercenaries should be placed on some sort of red flag watchlist. Then when they attempt to return down under for a friendly family visit to their estranged relatives (who hopefully have now all disowned the treasonous bastards) the red flags ping and they are "processed" in one of those "quarantine" aussie gitmo hotels which sadly may unfortunately require months and months and months (possibly even years) of isolation until the "paperwork" is done.

TL/DR; a country paid for and invested in their rugby futures only to be dumped in the dead of night as these selfish individuals abandon their homeland and fuck off to stupid Ireland.

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Does anyone know the status of Tizzano contract beyond this year? I believe that he is also Italian eligible so if he is struggling to get a look in Super Rugby as there alot of talented 7s, I wouldn't be surprised to see him head over to Italy and chase that Italian call up.