• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v. France 10 Nov 2012 Stade de France, Paris

Who will be victorious in Paris

• The Frogs

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • The Wobs

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby will be the real winner

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez, while being obviously disappointed with Wallabies, the French were bloody good. Lets hope we don't hear any smartarse in Aus/SH press go on about boring NH rugbyt for a while, they were bloody sharp in all parts of game!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Hugh Jarse i thought we did get the better of them in one scrum: the first one where we got the hit and Nige penalised poor old Phippsy for not putting it in straight. That seems like a long time ago.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gonna be tough to choose a 3-2-1 MOM.

I think Hooper will get the Jarse 3 points, Douglas maybe 2, and the Stewards may have decided that there will be no third dividend due to the lack of entrants in the race.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Les Frogge have owned our front row all day.

Wet ground. The boys have left their long studs back at the hotel.

We were penalised a lot for our scrum, most of which was justified, however the one that was a real slap in the face was after having the AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) try not awarded.

Ironically though I think we had the only win against the feed!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
That was fucken hideous.... Deans had no answers at all.
Phipps and TPN are not up Scratch for the Rolls they are there for... Plus I dont I have never liked these blokes on a Rugby field.

France played so well and the new 5 second rule I like...

Where to now for the Wallabies, To London to get belted in the scrums by the Poms.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Gotta say that was a cracking game of football to watch...if you are not a wobblies supporter in any case.

We've got zero killer instinct. Every time we got near the line and we got near it plenty - we just froze for ideas and turned it over.
Hate that we're heading to twickenham having been toweled up in the scrum...no way we're winning the 50/50 ref calls next week.

Hopefully this will get us to wake up....fkn hopefully.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hugh Jarse i thought we did get the better of them in one scrum: the first one where we got the hit and Nige penalised poor old Phippsy for not putting it in straight. That seems like a long time ago.

We got a tighthead right at the end. Probably when the Garlic Munchers had given up 'cause they were so puffed out from dominating us all game.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
congrats Paddy Ryan on your first test cap (just noticed him on)

No graphics for scorers or replacements and bad camera work, this poor effort by the producers was only exceeded by the Wallabies performance, for which we can't blame Robbie Deans (except for the use of his bench). Can't remember seeing so many passes being thrown to the opposition!

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
* Nick Phipps - Take your red cordial and have a hissy fit all the way back to Colts where you belong. Appalling play and was so far out of his league it wasn't funny. Shetland Pony is a much better option, but you'd be fooled to think Robbie would ever use his bench effectively.

*Dave Dennis - I don't care if Higgers spends all his time out on the wing, he's a shitload more effective than Dennis was. This bloke, while great at Super Rugby, just can't cut it at Test Level.

*Rob Simmons - What is it with this bloke? He's careless, lazy and doesn't add any kind of value to the team. Takes a page right out of the All Black's 'How to be offside and interfere with people' guide to rucks and the tackle contest. There's plenty of young locks here in Australia that would be worthy of his jumper.

*McCabe - Don't get me wrong - I'm a brumbies fan. McCabe, he's got a lot of heart and gives it his all, but for me he epitomizes this Wallaby team - Heaps of character but a distinct lack of skill that's not going to win us a game or break the line.

*Beale - Tried way way way way way way to hard to run to the sideline constantly.

D

DJC

Very disappointing from the Wallabies. Really no bloody idea or composure shown. Phipps is doing no one any favours he simply hasn't got what it takes at this level. Sheehan should have been on. Put aside the dubious binding by Domingo and I thought Paddy Ryan did allright once he got use to the French tactics. We can only hope that the last scrum Aust won against the feed wasn't a fluke. I think FatCat needs a rest he and TPN are just shadows of the former selves. It sickens me listening to the English commentators on ESPN whining on about the useless Aust scrum and how Dan Cole and co will be licking their lips in anticipation of next week. What the hell has gone wrong with the once brilliant Australian backline?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Least we dont have to wait to long till the cricket is on...wait we are getting smashed in that game too.:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

D

DJC

Very disappointing from the Wallabies. Really no bloody idea or composure shown. Phipps is doing no one any favours he simply hasn't got what it takes at this level. Sheehan should have been on. Put aside the dubious binding by Domingo and I thought Paddy Ryan did allright once he got use to the French tactics. We can only hope that the last scrum Aust won against the feed wasn't a fluke. I think FatCat needs a rest he and TPN are just shadows of the former selves. It sickens me listening to the English commentators on ESPN whining on about the useless Aust scrum and how Dan Cole and co will be licking their lips in anticipation of next week. What the hell has gone wrong with the once brilliant Australian backline?
When I said the brilliant Australian backline I was harking back to the days when we had inventive and clever players who could create their own space and put others into space while heading towards the tryline rather than the sideline.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Put aside the dubious binding by Domingo
The FFR site calls him "left pillar" which I take to be the LHP: In which case I am glad to see someone raising this issue - I was reticent to do so.
A loose head prop must bind on the opposing tight head
prop by placing the left arm inside the right arm of the tight head and gripping the tight
head prop’s jersey on the back or side. The loose head prop must not grip the chest, arm,
sleeve or collar of the opposition tight head prop. The loose head prop must not exert any
downward pressure

He seemed to be binding on the front of the jersey and, it seemed pulling him down.
How does a guy get away with the for 80 minutes?

D

DJC

When I said the brilliant Australian backline I was harking back to the days when we had inventive and clever players who could create their own space and put others into space while heading towards the tryline rather than the sideline.
I really am fed up with watching the Wallabies. And what's more I have a corporate invite to Twickenham next weekend for another day of misery and humiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.