• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v. France 10 Nov 2012 Stade de France, Paris

Who will be victorious in Paris

• The Frogs

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • The Wobs

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby will be the real winner

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
* Nick Phipps - Take your red cordial and have a hissy fit all the way back to Colts where you belong. Appalling play and was so far out of his league it wasn't funny. Shetland Pony is a much better option, but you'd be fooled to think Robbie would ever use his bench effectively.

Like it,
Only Dean's would leave Sheenan on the bench. This was the game to play him and his Maturity of the Game...Plus he is far better the Phipps

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
When I said the brilliant Australian backline I was harking back to the days when we had inventive and clever players who could create their own space and put others into space while heading towards the tryline rather than the sideline.
I think the medical term for what has happened to the backline is "Deansajitis mummafucation" where all skill, talent and flair is replaced with poor handling, crabbing and chip kicks.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Wallabies must have the worst offload and support game of any side in the top 12. Embarassing.

Really wonder how we drew with the AB's and beat the Argies at the end of the TRC.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The French were just loving the 12 channel. Absolutely hammered us there. As long as McCabe is 12 that is the only plan in Dingoes book and has been for 2 seasons. England will destroy us.

D

DJC

Having calmed down a bit - I thought Kane Douglas tried hard and kept going right to the end. I liked the balance of our final front row - Slipper, Moore and Ryan and Hooper kept going despite being swamped by the French everytime he was in contact. As I said above I think Ben Robinson looks well out of sorts- no impact in the scrum and falling off tackles. I have some sympathy for anybody who has to play outside Nick Phipps, his pass is poor and his judgement even worse. Throughout the Rugby Championship and again tonight he seems to be pre programmed to fling the ball to whoever is outside him without any consideration of whether or not he is promoting the ball to the Wallabies advantage. More often than not he just transfers pressure. I assume Rob Simmons will be cited.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Dave dennis looked out of Form today. We really needed some explosiveness From our forwards.

My main qualm is we usually even if it isn't needed get McCabe to crash it up, the day we decide not to is the day we need it the most. With defence shooting like that we really needed to turn the ball back inside. Games like this is when we miss people like horwill,genia and pocock.....just some old heads.

Beale is not the answer for Flyhalf but our answer is in rehab so what can you do

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Firstly well done to the French. They obviously learnt their lesson from 2 years ago and perhaps showed why they made the World Cup Final.

I've watched a fair bit of rugby over the years and have only seen a scrum get monstered a handful of times at international level. The sad thing is, it's happening more frequently to the Wallabies and I don't know if 1 week is enough time to fix the problems before the English next week.

They and the Pommy press will be having a field day taking the piss out of our scrum, especially with the penalty try given up.

I know KB (Kurtley Beale) has Deans' support for the whole tour but that was one of his worst performances this year (not as bad as Sydney Bledisloe) and this 'shimmy, step, shimmy' rubbish when 5m from the contact needs to go.

Phipps is like the Bradbury of halfbacks at the moment and today showed he was out of his depth. Brett Sheehan pulled pine out of his arse after the game, but he should have come on.

The amount of times we got held up with the ball from going too high in the tackle was a joke and played into the French hands. Our support play to help those in these sorts of tackles was non existant.

And finally, it's 175 minutes and counting of game time since our last try.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
How would you like to be a winger in the Wallabies
9 can't pass
10 doesn't know when to pass
12 can't pass
13 won't pass
Cummins made ground the 3 times he got the ball and what is the use of Digby playing if you don't have the players with the skills or mindset to get the ball to him.
If you play Barnes at 12 he just kicks the ball away
1 try in 3 games is not good enough and unfortunately the first player now picked is the goal kicker and 2nd player picked is the backup kicker
I thought I was watching league with so much interchange with the front row. How can a scrum settle with different props at every scrum. Each prop has a difference to there scrummaging so how can you get your scrum right.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Phipps is a club rugby player who cracked lucky. I said after the all blacks game that he was not worth taking on tour. Just not upto it.

Apart from that, we lost to a rag tag french team who've had half as much less time to prepare, yet still looked twice as cohesive.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
How would you like to be a winger in the Wallabies
9 can't pass
10 doesn't know when to pass
12 can't pass
13 won't pass
Cummins made ground the 3 times he got the ball and what is the use of Digby playing if you don't have the players with the skills or mindset to get the ball to him.
If you play Barnes at 12 he just kicks the ball away
1 try in 3 games is not good enough and unfortunately the first player now picked is the goal kicker and 2nd player picked is the backup kicker
I thought I was watching league with so much interchange with the front row. How can a scrum settle with different props at every scrum. Each prop has a difference to there scrummaging so how can you get your scrum right.

And how many times did 13 get the ball to actually be in a position to throw a pass? And Digby didn't even play!

Fat Cat came off early for a blood bin, otherwise the front row replacements were pretty much par for course.

I thought Harris was really quite good before being replaced, he dropped one bomb under pressure but was otherwise safe, he made a couple of breaks running off Beale & did what he does best in kicking his shots at goal.

But, yes, 1 try in 3 games is not good at all! And Phipps's service is just woeful.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Our backs were dominated more than our forwards.

Beale's first movement is always sideways and this was a problem all game for an average backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.