• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v. France 10 Nov 2012 Stade de France, Paris

Who will be victorious in Paris

• The Frogs

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • The Wobs

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby will be the real winner

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The alternative was lost when the ARU decided to unjustifiably extend Deans’ contract. The best that can be hoped for now is to tell Deans that he’s sacked no matter what at the end of the tour. We’ll have to write off the next few matches, granted, but that doesn’t make much of a difference. Then bring in McKenzie as soon as possible to give us a shot at actually winning against the Lions. McKenzie isn’t a saviour, but he’s a good communicator and most importantly, has common sense, both of which appear to be sorely lacking in the Wallabies atm.

And then Link is going to go out and pick the University of Queensland 2nd XV because we've got something like 22 of our best players missing?

Cool.........

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Under Deans we can lose to Samoa, and beat the All Blacks in the same year.

That's the Deans way.

So maybe a good win against England will gloss over everything and there'll be all the talk about turning a corner, being on the right track, blah blah blah...

And then we'll lose to Italy.

I like your logic Slim 293, howerver, methinks the main priority of this tour is to retain a ranking within the top 4 nations so that when the 2015 RWC draw is made on 3 December, we don't end up in the same pool as #1, 2, 3, or 4.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
So what changes do we see next week?

Sheehan to 9?
Dennis to the bench, with Samo to 6, Pocock to 8 and Hooper at 7? Palu and Gill/Dennis take their spots on the pine?
Sita into the bench spot for Simmons that deservedly goes home?
Barnes replacing Harris at 15?
Digby back to 11 with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) retained at 14?
Ryan starting at THP?
Fatcat retaining LHP or Slipper in his place?
Moore starting at 2 with TPN on the bench?

Eternity

Stan Wickham (3)
And then Link is going to go out and pick the University of Queensland 2nd XV because we've got something like 22 of our best players missing?

Cool...
The problem isn’t injuries; it’s that Deans picks the same players regardless of who else is available. He’s not going to drop the players that need dropping, or bring in the ones that deserve it. Nic White is injured yes, but was also unwanted by Deans. Same goes for Cooper. It doesn’t change how poor Deans’ selections and tactics have been. Like insisting on McCabe at 12, no matter what, despite better options like Tapuai being around. McCabe might be a decent winger, outside centre, or fullback, but at 12 he’s preventing our attack from getting any momentum going. And the selection of Phipps, is just, well, bizarre. He’s the third best halfback at his own club. Unlike Deans, McKenzie doesn’t try the same thing 10 times in a row hoping for a different result. And he’s made a good habit of plucking players from nowhere and getting them to perform well within his game plan. So I doubt injuries would make much of a difference.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The problem isn’t injuries; it’s that Deans picks the same players regardless of who else is available. He’s not going to drop the players that need dropping, or bring in the ones that deserve it. Nic White is injured yes, but was also unwanted by Deans. Same goes for Cooper. It doesn’t change how poor Deans’ selections and tactics have been. Like insisting on McCabe at 12, no matter what, despite better options like Tapuai being around. McCabe might be a decent winger, outside centre, or fullback, but at 12 he’s preventing our attack from getting any momentum going. And the selection of Phipps, is just, well, bizarre. He’s the third best halfback at his own club. Unlike Deans, McKenzie doesn’t try the same thing 10 times in a row hoping for a different result. And he’s made a good habit of plucking players from nowhere and getting them to perform well within his game plan. So I doubt injuries would make much of a difference.

There's already enough threads on the matter, so I'll just simply say that's just nonsense.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wallabies coach Robbie Deans admitted his side had no answers to the powerful and flamboyant home side on Saturday night (Sunday AEDT) with the French scoring three tries to none, with one of those France tries a penalty try after the Australian scrum collapsed.

Plenty of answer in this forum. Our coach has no answer, that something that we like to here. This bloke has to go plus a few other in the team

K

kbw

The interesting and a very damning point is that I got excited about the last game against NZ. While it was enjoyable, the backs were barely passable and its the poor std of the wallabies that got me all excited about an average game.

Then we come back down to earth with this crap against France. Credit to France they have always been able to turn it on (as well as go missing) but the rugby Australia is playing is simply embarrassing.
The game has changed since the days of the flowing backlines and magic that we used to see. Defensive structures have developed that does make it harder. BUT THE WALLABIES HAVE GONE BACKWARDS, as mentioned the backs can't pass, can't run decent lines infact they can't do anything against a decent defense.

These idiots are being paid very handsomely to play disgraceful rugby. If they can't play any better, GET RID OF THEM, if they can the GET SOMEONE THAT CAN TEACH THEM TO.

Eternity

Stan Wickham (3)
There's already enough threads on the matter, so I'll just simply say that's just nonsense.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the inability of the Wallabies to create opportunities, let alone score tries, seems to suggest that we have a problem in attack. Multiple problems, I would say, so I'm not laying the blame exclusively on McCabe by any means. But I do think he's being played out of position, which is exacerbating an already bad situation.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, he's exactly what the modern day international 12 is.

But certainly there is something wrong with our attack, but I would suggest it lies with tactics.

No matter who has played where under Deans we really only have one strategy from the set piece:

- 12 hits it up
- winger comes inside, and hits it up
- 7 hits it up from the inside centre channel
- 10 hits it up

And then we play what's, er, in front of us?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Typically we have a "Scotland" moment on the Northern tour.

Lets hope that this was the "Scotland" moment, and we can go on and see the boys play some decent footy for the rest of the games.

Les Blues may have Le Cup in their trophy cabinet if they played like that at Eden Park late last October.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Speaking of 'Scotland' moments, we've now lost our most previous games against Scotland, England, Ireland, France, South Africa, Samoa, and 3 out of the last 4 (the last one being a draw) against NZ.

Eternity

Stan Wickham (3)
Speaking of 'Scotland' moments, we've now lost our most previous games against Scotland, England, Ireland, France, South Africa, Samoa, and 3 out of the last 4 (the last one being a draw) against NZ.
Well that's just depressing. And I have a sinking feeling that things are going to get even worse next week. This England side is looking rather ominous.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So the Taffys get the chance for us to get the Wrong Reasons Grand Slam provided the Soap Dodgers do the do next week.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I had a really bad feeling about this game so stayed in bed. I take it from the comments I should stay away from watching the replay coming on now?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah, I'd avoid it.

But please do watch the Wales v Argentina game.

The Argies played some excellent attacking rugby.

Sounds good Slim. I'll watch bits & pieces of the Wallabies game so I avoid any overload of major stress. I've already suffered enough watching Australia's bowling attack in the cricket.

T

TOCC

I thought the whole forward pack was hot and cold, they were going well in the pick and drives, but they were a mess at the breakdown and scrum, they couldn't build any decent pressure because they kept turning the ball over, which i think the back-row should be held accountable for.
Lineout was ok except for a couple of crooked throws..

I dont think Beale had a very good game by his standards, he tried to run it a number of times when he probably should have been looking to pass, or alternatively he should have run it 100% rather then trying to shimmy and step before he hit the defensive line..

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Please keep Cummins in the side, that man is built for test rugby. Once JOC (James O'Connor) comes back into #10 and he gets world class service he will be a try machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.