• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Italy, Suncorp Stadium, 24th June 2017 @ 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think it is time to move on from the disaster of yesterday.

If we can't beat the Italians, prepare the obituaries and grab a shovel.

Expect Quade to come in for Foley

Crowd of approx 30,000 I reckon (not good)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Italy are not the team they were nearly a decade ago........

Anything less than an absolute flogging and we're in trouble.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Looks like only the bottom tier and one end of the ground is for sale

They've done the right thing with the ticket prices - Adult $40. Family of 4 can get GA for $100. Doesn't look like it's going to make much difference.....

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
I will be making the trip up north for the game. I just hope that Powell gets a bit of time because I was very surprised Genia wasn't pulled at half time. I was so disappointed in the game like everyone else but #%&$ me, what's with the stupid kicks when we were in posession.

Maybe throw Dempsey in for Hanigan, give him a go as he seems like he just wants to run.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Cheika has got to have a word with Genia about the box kick. The amount he gets charged down reflects that he needs to bin it or completely rebuild his kicking technique. At a minimum I'd like to see him use it a lot less often and snipe more around the fringes. We gave away two tries due to his poor play, both with kicking and passing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cheika has got to have a word with Genia about the box kick. The amount he gets charged down reflects that he needs to bin it or completely rebuild his kicking technique. At a minimum I'd like to see him use it a lot less often and snipe more around the fringes. We gave away two tries due to his poor play, both with kicking and passing.

Yep. Starkly different to Aaron Smith and Conor Murray who plant the foot before picking up and kick in one movement. Will now has the 1-2 step then kick routine. That's before we even look at the defensive pillars or lack thereof when he box kicks, which are vital. Same extra step when he was charged for the try, made worse by the fact he was standing so shallow. Couldn't work out why DHP wasn't tasked with the clearing kick.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
You're right TOCC. I was reminded at how poor Foley's kicking game out of hand is yesterday. Hodge probably needs to come back into the team for his boot alone I think.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
DHP has a pretty good boot as does Hodge.
Our exit strategy is so predictable that's its no wonder we are getting charged down. Genia telegraphs when he is going to box kick. When he doesn't then the opposition knows its one hit up then a clearance by Foley.

T

TOCC

Jesus christ that's Reds levels of shitness and embarrasment

If you draw 30'000 in Sydney on a weekend with Shute Shield bye round, surely you can't expect to draw a bigger crowd in Brisbane the following weekend after losing to Scotland

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Genia kicks, and will continue to kick because Australia lack kicking options elsewhere in the backline, its that simple.

DHP apparently is awesome, he was on the field, why didn't he take the clearing kick? Genia's box kicks have been shite for years, but hard to see any other back taking the box kicks, so I'm guessing you mean the clearing kicks. And I was talking about the one when Foley had stupidly got himself carded.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think we will win this well and it won't prove anything good or bad about the Wallabies.

I wish we were investing our 6 development minutes into RHP, who seems less likely to fold in contact and offered a similar/better upside.

I like Hanigan's attitude too, but he's just not there yet.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Onwards we march. I'm as devastated as that Jack Quigley over the loss but it's hopefully a massive turning point. We need to put 40+ on Italy to restore any credibility.

Just pick the strongest available team from within the squad and make a bird of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.