• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Italy, Suncorp Stadium, 24th June 2017 @ 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
And just who do we with the skills to send accurate up and unders consistently?

Who do we have that will chase with Izzy?

I wish I had a unicorn that shit gold as well

I'm thinking that rugby players who can boot an up an under in Aus are a little less endangered than unicorns. There is a missing piece here in skills training and player selection.

It beggars belief that it wouldnt be possible for the Wallabies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
And just who do we with the skills to send accurate up and unders consistently?

Who do we have that will chase with Izzy?

I wish I had a unicorn that shit gold as well

Like I said, Kick and Chase is such a simple game plan. It's not unrealistic too think we can't have it in our game.

Practise makes perfect.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
But Seb, at least one of the chasers must commit to competing for the ball in the air. Lately, all Aus Super Rugby teams and the Wallabies seem to be intent on allowing the defending side to catch the ball and then try to turnover possession in a dominant tackle. Really needs to be a combination imo.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
But Seb, at least one of the chasers must commit to competing for the ball in the air. Lately, all Aus Super Rugby teams and the Wallabies seem to be intent on allowing the defending side to catch the ball and then try to turnover possession in a dominant tackle. Really needs to be a combination imo.

I agree, the goal should always be to compete. Then the contingency plan, should a kick go to far, be to make a dominate hit and attempt a turnover with the advantage of momentum.

Seems like a no brainer of a strategy to me. The problem is, the kickers in Aus not only kick it too far, they kick it miles too far where the chasers can't even make a dominate tackle - to me that is below amateur level kicking ability.

So the priority for me would be improving the poor kicking, the strategy change and having chasers should be an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.