• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 1st Test (Brisbane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Typical comment from a Reds fan - defend, defend, defend! Regardless of whether he was going for the head or not (he most likely wasn't), it was a clear stomp with his foot aimed at the body of the player on the ground. What other possible reason would he have to place his foot down with that force at such an awkward angle? Placing his right foot outside his left leg for balance? Do me a favour.

I have no doubt that if that was an opposition player you would be calling for some sort of disciplinary action.

Cut the crap mate. Your point was valid without the stereotype.

This don't look good for Kev. Regardless of intent, a few weeks on the sideline would be a just result none the less.

As for this being deliberate. I first thought it looked like it was as the motion of his legs didn't look like he was going for power in his legs to drive through. This could also be a result of a late pulling out as he realised that it was somebody his foot had touched and not the ground. I don't know to be honest and judging by the footage, either scenario is plausable. Personally I like to think he is not that type of player.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
He knew what he was doing. Stop playing the legal beagle.

He'll probably get off by claiming your bullshit angle.
I don't know you you can be 100 percent against the guy. There no way you can tell if he meant to do it. You are claiming things you can't prove. Everyone else is just stating what the footage shows.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Considering a playmaker 12 was the lynchpin of the team, it is a bit (super) retarded that they didnt have a backup if he got injured.

We saw a crab (good player not a ballplayer) go into 12 and it stifled the entire attack. JO'C was struggling but that is fair enough as he had absolutely nothing to work with.

I personally would have liked to have seen either Taps or preferably Kyle Godwin on the bench instead of McCabe. Who cares whether he is a rookie. Our entire attack was based on a collection of rookies anyway.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Benny A getting the same as Squeek was disturbing. Benny A wasn't terrible but Moore was freeking outstanding. Far better than the 5 given to him.
100% agree

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Considering a playmaker 12 was the lynchpin of the team, it is a bit (super) retarded that they didnt have a backup if he got injured.

We saw a crab (good player not a ballplayer) go into 12 and it stifled the entire attack. JO'C was struggling but that is fair enough as he had absolutely nothing to work with.

I personally would have liked to have seen either Taps or preferably Kyle Godwin on the bench instead of McCabe. Who cares whether he is a rookie. Our entire attack was based on a collection of rookies anyway.
Kind of reminds me of another unmentionable flyhalf struggling in a similar situation.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Over at Fairfax Alex Rowe has given his Wallaby player ratings...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/player-ratings-wallabies-20130622-2oouo.html

JOC (James O'Connor) received the same score as Lilo.... ouch...

The player ratings read like they were written by an angry and drunk supporter. Way too low overall.

In a game that was very close and we should have won, the ratings given to the Wallabies effectively means that the Lions players would mostly be ranked between 4s and 7s too.

I think the game was a bit higher quality than that.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

I think Godwin is out of action after a knee(?) operation. Taps is out of form, but suppose he could do a Nonu, and play good at test level while pretty crap at S15. But Taps is a better 12 than 13. If it's likely AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is injured, we will need a 13 supposing Taps if selected is at 12.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Kind of reminds me of another unmentionable flyhalf struggling in a similar situation.

Indeed and that is why i didnt have a go at him like a lot of the other posters on here. Any flyhalf would have been in the same boat that night. To'omua & QC (Quade Cooper) both would have been on struggle street so i dont think that was a fair indication as to how JOC (James O'Connor) will go in the next game (if he stays at 10).

Granted, i would prefer either To'omua or QC (Quade Cooper) but i am not going to bash his performance as his job was made harder than it should have been - guess thats just rugby though.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Apologies, obviously I took your comment the wrong way, I just thought it was harsh to say a that player, who by your own admission you have not seen play, who was knocked out a minute into the game didn't live up to the hype.

That's ok SammyP, it's just a 65 year-old's attempt at humour!

Question to all you sports fans: Would the Jonathan Davies knock-out on Lilo be the fastest in Rugby history?
The fastest KO in professional boxing appears to have been by James Thunder, a Samoan, who put an opponent to sleep in 1.7 secs!

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)
If the allegation is true and that is a big IF, whoever responsible has breached a duty of care surely. Not just any injury, we are talking about a mans neck and the consequences could be very severe.

This is more a matter of due diligence than hindsight.
My brother has played NFL for 5 years. The doctrine for any player to come off or not be available thru injury, it must be life or career threatening - literally.
Anything less is not appreciated.
Sounds tough, but somehow it works. RGIII should not have played since early December last year and what happened to him is typical, take it for the team.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
You are going to be without your captain next week if there is any fairness to the citing procedure. At 3.00 mins. Nowhere near the ball and intentional. That is just filth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=...=fLg8VCLddoI&feature=player_detailpage#t=255s

Considering what "Saint" Keven & Umaga did to O'Driscoll previously, I'd be little more civil if I were you. If you consider Horwill's incident filth, I'd be curious to know what you consider that spear tackle to be classed as? Pull your head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.