• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs. England, Twickenham, 2nd November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
At the risk of demonstrating some ignorance of the laws nowadays I would have thought that there are 2 offences here. In the 2nd case of Kepu/Genia is it in fact Genia being penalised for running behind Kepu rather than Kepu for actively obstructing the defender?

There are plenty of referees on this site .

. and surely some correspondents who actually know the rules!
i don't think the old "sheepherd" rule has been around for a few years now.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From that article: "England have regularly got the better of the southern hemisphere Big Three"

Considering the Pom's record against the ABs, I would like some of what he's smoking. It seems to be potent stuff.

England are undefeated against New Zealand for over three years.*

*They've only played once in that time **

** Their last loss against New Zealand was on 6 November 2010, so over 3 years means 3 years and 1 day.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
England are undefeated against New Zealand for over three years.*

*They've only played once in that time **

** Their last loss against New Zealand was on 6 November 2010, so over 3 years means 3 years and 1 day.

This load of tosh is going to end up on a NZ team noticeboard somewhere, just to add to the incentive for them to give England a damn good thrashing (we all know how much England's upper class tossers love a good thrashing).

I would guess that Lancashire's lads just wish everyone everywhere would just keep very still and quiet before the game. After the game it will no doubt be a case of "Nothing to see here, move on please".

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Partially disagree. I don't think it's so much they're ignoring the breakdown, it's that we actually need one forward who can run the ball. From the pack that we've seen most under Link, who would you actively class as a ball-carrier?

Slipper
Moore
Alexander
Horwill
Simmons
Fardy
Hooper
Mowen

I reckon you're looking at Fardy and Hooper there. I know Gill is more than just a straight up breakdown monster, but you're going to be hard pushed to argue he has the same game as Hooper ball-in-hand. I reckon if you bring either one, or both, of Higgers and Palu into the team then Gill gets selected. Even a lock like Carter or Pyle or Jones who can make some serious metres frees up room for Gill.

One forward who can run the ball. Why are they selecting "mobile" props ahead of pot plants if it isn't to run the ball sometimes? What is Timani even in the squad for, I thought it was for his unstoppable running and HUGE frame?

There are plenty in the pack that could be good carriers, just none are showing it and certainly there is not close support and offloading that other sides, and even England managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.