• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby Development Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^ It seems that you are being over-sensitive and defensive. Maybe you are reading into his post something that isn't there.

T

TOCC

Andy Friend has shown how much faith he has in this new project by welcoming the idea of relocating the Sevens program to Perth, rather then been just another team crammed into Moore Park, they would have their own training facilities in Perth, and cost of living for the players would be significantly more affordable.

On completion of the ARDC there will be 6 pro teams at Moore Park using the 2 training fields, with further EPS/U20s academy squads from Tahs, ARU and Swans also using the fields intermittently throughout the year.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Andy Friend has shown how much faith he has in this new project by welcoming the idea of relocating the Sevens program to Perth, rather then been just another team crammed into Moore Park, they would have their own training facilities in Perth, and cost of living for the players would be significantly more affordable.

On completion of the ARDC there will be 6 pro teams at Moore Park using the 2 training fields, with further EPS/U20s academy squads from Tahs, ARU and Swans also using the fields intermittently throughout the year.

The ARU won't allow this to happen, especially with TF intending to start a 7's comp. Their intention is to kill all opposition in the West to make themselves safe.
Unfortunately for them this won't work.

The ARU just need one semi major thing to go wrong and they are toast.

All this started by Clyne's bending over for sanzaar & not representing Aus rugby and then not conducting an honest process. He can't back out now and is just lurching from one desperate decision to the next.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The ARU won't allow this to happen,.

The ARU would be the ones that make it happen.

It would be an olive branch to WA, would have access to good facilities that are relatively free and would be cheaper from a cost of living perspective for the players.

Given they spend a substantial amount of time overseas and are also generally young and unattached, getting them to relocate is probably less of a drama than it could be for other programs.

I think it's a good idea.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
The ARU would be the ones that make it happen.

It would be an olive branch to WA, would have access to good facilities that are relatively free and would be cheaper from a cost of living perspective for the players.

Given they spend a substantial amount of time overseas and are also generally young and unattached, getting them to relocate is probably less of a drama than it could be for other programs.

I think it's a good idea.

They know they won't get any financial support because of their treachery and they don't have 2 brass razoo's to rub together so it will never happen.
That is in addition to what I said above.

Otherwise I agree with all you have said.

T

TOCC

I should add that Clyne has claimed the 7s teams are contractually obliged to training at Moore Park... another fantastic decision by the powers the be.. force Australian Rugbys lowest paid players to be based in one of the highest cost of living areas of Australia's most expensive city

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Roosters train there too

T

TOCC

And the issue grows, now they're investigating using Ballymore as the training ground for the Australian 7s teams, contractually they are obliged to train at Moore Park, but they're proposing they train in Ballymore in winter due to the number of winter codes based at Moore Park and also so Ballymore can be developed further..

This ARDC is turning into a white elephant before it's even built..

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And the issue grows, now they're investigating using Ballymore as the training ground for the Australian 7s teams, contractually they are obliged to train at Moore Park, but they're proposing they train in Ballymore in winter due to the number of winter codes based at Moore Park and also so Ballymore can be developed further..

Sell it to Twiggy?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Sell it to Twiggy?
Apparently Twiggy offered them $80mil which they said that couldn't accept due to some deal they were locked in to!:p

Capture 1.JPG

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
The latest issue of the SCG/SFS Members magazine has a two page article re the ARDC prior to its opening in October. The whole gist of the article is about the building being another UTS campus, cutting edge research facility etc. The ARU gets a mention at the very end.

T

TOCC

UTS take up the majority of the space...

Which baffles me given the ARU had $25million to spend on this building, which would suggest UTS spent more.. making it’s a $55 million building... which it isn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
UTS take up the majority of the space.

Which baffles me given the ARU had $25million to spend on this building, which would suggest UTS spent more.. making it’s a $55 million building. which it isn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apparently the builders applied the standard Eastern Suburbs Building Levy to all sub-contracts, generally quoted in $100K increments. Plus, we can't see the furnishing, gold taps and Shiraz collection from the outside! ;)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Apparently the builders applied the standard Eastern Suburbs Building Levy to all sub-contracts, generally quoted in $100K increments. Plus, we can't see the furnishing, gold taps and Shiraz collection from the outside! ;)
They - i presume its them and not UTS - have hundreds of workstations on the Moore Park Road side of the building: how many employees does the ARU have?

Status
Not open for further replies.