• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Here is a question - what is best as it leads onto a bigger and broader question. Was involved in a team that recently played in the state champs, a number of teams competed including the state team.
1. Is it a state champs comp if you play against the state team?
2. would it be better if the state team players played for their club and attracted more players and thus teams.

Leading onto a great example i was sent;
If Australia is not careful, the emphasis on representative teams will ruin grassroots rugby. The reps will then fail too.
Rep sides compete against club sides in one-sided encounters. Rugby must not go the same way.
Now leading on to the next comp we loose 4 players to the state team an need to replace our players.​
Realy stoked that our boys have achieved rep honours bu the layers of competions are not right.​
Question being - what is the best structure for growth and success?​

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Dave. I’m guessing that they want to build some experience and familiarity in the State team.

You could handle this with either invitation teams to play the State, or less so with a much larger initial squad and a few games.

They may run out of time though.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Is any credit due to the ARU for the vast improvement in the Wallaby team?

Maybe they actually made some good decisions.

Or do they only ever get things wrong?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Dave. I’m guessing that they want to build some experience and familiarity in the State team.

You could handle this with either invitation teams to play the State, or less so with a much larger initial squad and a few games.

They may run out of time though.

Yeah Dru hard one i don't have a solution. Hard for the state team as they don't get to see all the full talent pool given so few games. We should have beaten them, I know why we lost 4 players. Thats like losing 1/3rd of your team. Not sure how many u17 invitation comps there are to make it worth while, and it's hard for junior club teams who run on an oily rag to travel to some of them, One of Australia's biggest is this weekend - The Central Coast 7's. Only mentioned this as it's so hard to manage all the layers. But on another note Central Coast 7's has countries from around the world competing, wouldn't it be great if the ARU also jumped on board with it's promotion. It has international players walking around and mingling with young kids.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

No for me - I interprate the ARU as the board and the decision makers. The players and the coaching staff were in the right head space on Saturday night - it was great to watch.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The rebranding continues. The John Eales medal has been renamed the Rugby Australia Awards.
I'm not happy about the role Eales played expanding and then contracting Australian rugby but surely he could still have his name on the awards night!
Also it's a boring name.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The rebranding continues. The John Eales medal has been renamed the Rugby Australia Awards.
I'm not happy about the role Eales played expanding and then contracting Australian rugby but surely he could still have his name on the awards night!
Also it's a boring name.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Rather he kept the medal name and lost his place on the board........

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

They appointed the coach.

I always thought that your firm and unshakeable view was that on field performance had absolutely no conection to the competance or otherwise of the administration?

And they seem to have changed their name from the ARU.;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
ARU rebranding themselves to Rugby Australia.. nothing more then slapping lipstick on a pig, all the same idiots are in power

They unfinished sign at the new Moore Park HQ
5876143718e24e263f9baf0e55d04154.jpg

They probably don't have enough money left to put the word Australia on the building.

Maybe I've missed something, or possibly my education was lacking, but I've never known that AU stood for Australia.

USA, UK, DPRK, NZ, RSA, PRC I get, but AU?

Or maybe it's phonetic, "ey you":)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
ARU rebranding themselves to Rugby Australia.. nothing more then slapping lipstick on a pig, all the same idiots are in power

They unfinished sign at the new Moore Park HQ
5876143718e24e263f9baf0e55d04154.jpg

They probably don't have enough money left to put the word Australia on the building.

Maybe I've missed something, or possibly my education was lacking, but I've never known that AU stood for Australia.

Nah, i think the truth is when you get in the habit of doing everything half arsed like a halfwit, it usually takes until your about half way through dong something before you realise its a complete cluster!

So as usual the ARU Board (Rugby Au board) have being trying to work out what to do with the remaining 50% of the letters.

Last i heard they have given up. Based on the reports the members of the Board, (being facilitated by Kafer) had a crack at using the remaining letters and it spooked the shite out of them. One even called it in as a death threat (bloody WA Rugby supporters!), another thinks its voodoo while a exorcist was apparently seen at HQ.

Sometimes karma is an extremely cruel and ironic bitch.

So what do the 7 remaining letters make? Hmmm- LARIATS: a rope(s) used as a lasso with a running noose or for tethering (Plural).

Oh the irony!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Its a 5 year plan to help with cashflow. ST will be added in 2018; RA in 2019; LI in 2020; A in 2021. Also I may have overestimated the font costs because on closer inspection they seem to have been derived from the plastic stencil I had in primary school: https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmith-plastic-letter-stencil-20-mm/812641