• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Alan Jones may have a point about Castle. In her presser re James Slipper she uttered the benediction used whenever a player gets himself into trouble (feel for him, getting him help, this is bigger than rugby etc etc - I didn’t hear it so I’m guessing) but Jones says she didn’t speak to him first.
I find that odd if it’s true.
Listening to the post presser questions, I’m pretty sure you hear her being asked about speaking to him & saying she’s not had contact with him yet. But if I remember correctly it was that she’s not met him yet & has let more familiar people speak with him at the moment.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Listening to the post presser questions, I’m pretty sure you hear her being asked about speaking to him & saying she’s not had contact with him yet. But if I remember correctly it was that she’s not met him yet & has let more familiar people speak with him at the moment.
Hmmmmmmmm.
I should have known jones would only tell a half truth, at best.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting. So what is deemed appropriate?
I suppose what interests me more is why comment on something that doesn’t affect her ability to do her job, I don’t feel verbal diarrhoea is an excuse.

I don’t think I’m stepping out of line here in saying this. But she is a larger woman & might find wearing a suit isn’t flattering for her form or mightn’t feel comfortable.
As you may know wearing darker colours are more flattering & slimming.
In my opinion, so far she’s been presentable & neat, not dishevelled.
I think budgie smugglers tutus are not appropriate.

t the end of the day every has a view on ‘fashion’ and this is a forum and some of the rugby’s been crap so I’m not surprised when the topic wanders. I don’t think people need an excuse. They can like how someone dresses or not. Can’t they?

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
They can like how someone dresses or not. Can’t they?

Sure you can.

I suppose I'm looking at it from a slightly different perspective where previously, women in a position of power and politics are questioned on their fashion choices, hair styles, speech patterns & accents as an attempt to undermine their professional integrity.
These comments have been quite often dismissed as being banter/humorous and not meaning to be an insult or demeaning. Sometimes they're not, other times they are a surreptitious insult.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
John Eales is getting himself a bronze statue at Suncorp Stadium

DeQvyrBVwAEMqYR.jpg

Been designed to allow you to take a photo lifting him in the lineout

DeQmMGvU8AAwYlt.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Sure you can.

I suppose I'm looking at it from a slightly different perspective where previously, women in a position of power and politics are questioned on their fashion choices, hair styles, speech patterns & accents as an attempt to undermine their professional integrity.
These comments have been quite often dismissed as being banter/humorous and not meaning to be an insult or demeaning. Sometimes they're not, other times they are a surreptitious insult.
Women are talked about due to fashion sense, or lack of it but is this just because they tend to wear a variety of clothing?

Most men wear a traditional suit, maybe they might change color of their tie or risk brown shoes over black but they pretty much wear the same thing.

Peter FitzSimons gets many comments about his bandana and I am sure if any other executive dressed in a gothic manner there would be comments too.

I dont care what Castle wears as long as she does the job, but I will still think she looks a bit "alternative" to what traditions suggests she should wear.

I guess this is inclusivity

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Women are talked about due to fashion sense, or lack of it but is this just because they tend to wear a variety of clothing?

Most men wear a traditional suit, maybe they might change color of their tie or risk brown shoes over black but they pretty much wear the same thing.

Peter FitzSimons gets many comments about his bandana and I am sure if any other executive dressed in a gothic manner there would be comments too.

I dont care what Castle wears as long as she does the job, but I will still think she looks a bit "alternative" to what traditions suggests she should wear.

I guess this is inclusivity

None of anything you just said there provides an adequate excuse for the behaviour ShtinaTina alludes to. There definitely is an element of sexism involved. Not suggesting from you. But as a wider society. Too much focus on what women in leadership roles are wearing than what they are actually doing.

And to be frank. I couldn't give a shit what her fashion sense is and isn't or whether people agree with it. Considering the shower of shit we've had running the show in recent times that's the least of my concerns. My only issue with her appointment is that we could be witnessing yet another example of the 'glass cliff'. A practice where an incompetent and corrupt organisation installs a woman in the top job when it has become apparent that the ship is sinking. It doesn't matter how capable the individual thrust into the role is the outcome is set and they are the ones who are forced to front up and cop the fallout only for the same bunch of morons that actually caused the issue to resume control after the dust settles.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
None of anything you just said there provides an adequate excuse for the behaviour ShtinaTina alludes to. There definitely is an element of sexism involved. Not suggesting from you. But as a wider society. Too much focus on what women in leadership roles are wearing than what they are actually doing.

To be honest, nothing I've ever heard about public figures' dress sense has ever approached the ridiculousness of the scrutiny Tony Abbott attracted for his blue ties and budgie smugglers.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
To be honest, nothing I've ever heard about public figures' dress sense has ever approached the ridiculousness of the scrutiny Tony Abbott attracted for his blue ties and budgie smugglers.

You're kidding right? Julia Gillard copped it daily for her fashion sense. Ribbing over an apparent endless supply of blue ties and an affinity for budgie smugglers hardly compares.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Sorry Wamberal, do some homework first. They are still there just not the top grade, they are still there and in addition to that the club remains very strong sending a mens and womens team to the Crescent Head Sevens event hosted by the Kempsey RUFC in February. They performed very strongly and pushed Manly, with the women taking out the competition with some stirring rugby

Oh. So they are very strong, but not strong enough to have a first grade team. Homework? I would need a bit more help than that to understand this logic.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
If you had an ounce of ability to think for yourself instead of blindly supporting the status quo you would understand and maybe ask the pertinent questions about player numbers, skill levels, ages etc. and it would become quickly apparent why a First Grade side is not there while the others are. Your statement implied that the Telarah Waratahs had failed/failing. It was wrong in fact.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If you had an ounce of ability to think for yourself instead of blindly supporting the status quo you would understand and maybe ask the pertinent questions about player numbers, skill levels, ages etc. and it would become quickly apparent why a First Grade side is not there while the others are. Your statement implied that the Telarah Waratahs had failed/failing. It was wrong in fact.

Go suck a sav, mate. All I did was quote from an article in The Newcastle Herald. And cut out the personal insults, my bitter little friend.

I have been thinking for myself all my life, and follow nobody blindly. On the other hand, there are quite a few around here who blindly blame RA for everything that is wrong with the game, because all the Board members live at Mosman, and went to private schools. Something like that.

Blind as bats.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I have been thinking for myself all my life, and follow nobody blindly. On the other hand, there are quite a few around here who blindly blame RA for everything that is wrong with the game, because all the Board members live at Mosman, and went to private schools. Something like that.

Blind as bats.
You must have a very high tolerance of coincidences, I mean, what are the chances that the best people for the chairman of the board and ceo, appointed after a world wide search, and cfo would all go to the same school and that the then chairman would have been the 10 to the ceo at 9 at said school and that ceo, cfo, etc etc would all live in the same suburb?
Even if you think it is a coincidence wouldn’t you think it might not give you a sufficiently broad based representation of those who play the game to have people of such similar backgrounds?
Even in Queen Victoria’s day she recognised the desirability, if not necessity, of fresh blood.
Ever heard of hybrid vigour?