• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Hey Aurelius, next time can you shorten what you paste just to read... ...so I don't have to scroll through so much bullshit?

Thanks.

Sorry to place such an unbearable strain on your right index finger, but it's an article about RA, this is the RA thread, so I make no apologies for posting an article to its relevant thread.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ben W has a credibility problem,because a relative got a job with another organisation..
Typical Gloria logic.

This is an unbelievably bad point that he goes on about for a while. He also spells Whitaker wrong.

I'd say it undermines his argument but most of his other points aren't any better.

It's pretty widely accepted that head coaches get to hire their assistants in pretty much any sport.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Count after the spring tour 2017
181019 John Eales Medal 1.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I find it interesting that Marika polled so well. I don't not rate him, just didn't think he was that exceptional (above Willy G for example).

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I find it interesting that Marika polled so well. I don't not rate him, just didn't think he was that exceptional (above Willy G for example).

Yeah, Koroibete is a good player but circumstances have made his life tough in this team. There is a low level of trust on defense at the moment. As a winger, Koroibete works his arse off - and the team knows that. In many instances he gets made to look bad - both by the convoluted system the team is being made to use, and by other players not taking their man or missing one-on-one tackles.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
He had an awesome end of year tour last year too.

Tui is in the same boat too I reckon, the players vote for effort and following the team plan at the individual expense

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah, Koroibete is a good player but circumstances have made his life tough in this team. There is a low level of trust on defense at the moment. As a winger, Koroibete works his arse off - and the team knows that. In many instances he gets made to look bad - both by the convoluted system the team is being made to use, and by other players not taking their man or missing one-on-one tackles.

Inferences like that, that imply it's more the system than the players, gives me slightly more hope that our slide can be rapidly turned around in under a year.

Reactions: dru

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Inferences like that, that imply it's more the system than the players, gives me slightly more hope that our slide can be rapidly turned around in under a year.

We do seem to have a lot more depth in a few key positions, particularly the tight five.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Scott Fardy took out the Nick Farr-Jones Spirit of Rugby award. Anybody have some detail about the award and sort of criteria attach to it?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Three former greats were inducted into the Wallabies Hall of Fame — pre-war hooker Eddie Bonis (21 caps), gun No 8 Tim Gavin (47 caps) and two time Rugby World Cup winner Phil Kearns (67).

The outstanding Angus Gardner was an easy choice as referee of the year while Scott Fardy was a popular recipient of the Nick Farr-Jones Spirit of Rugby Award.

Former Wallabies and Brumbies flanker Fardy made the selfless decision in 2011 to stay with his Kamaishi Seawaves club team in Japan and assist rebuilding efforts following the devastating tsunami.

Reactions: dru