• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I'd be flabbergasted if RA is paying any more than was due him under the remainder of his contract. A good deal of his 14m claim was mere fantasy.

It's quite likely that he and his camp did eventually realise that
a) public perception had turned against him as a result of his recent bushfire remarks
b) 14m was a made up number that never had a real chance
c) without an apology, he would be seen in poor light irrespective of the financial outcome
d) with an apology, he might just be employable again.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Apart from the public apologies and the secret agreements, the big question is what next for Israel on the rugby field.
Given the recent changes at the 'Tahs and Wallabies, he may have close to a clean sheet to arrive at if he backs up for them.
Alternatively, having the issue cleared up may pave the way for Japanese or French clubs to chase him.
I'd prefer to see him playing in Australia.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Apart from the public apologies and the secret agreements, the big question is what next for Israel on the rugby field.
Given the recent changes at the 'Tahs and Wallabies, he may have close to a clean sheet to arrive at if he backs up for them.
Alternatively, having the issue cleared up may pave the way for Japanese or French clubs to chase him.

LOL he ain't playing for RA again

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Meh, who gives a toss what happens to him on the field.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
You on the drink FF (Folau Fainga'a)?

Nah, just an old guy shouting at the clouds, wishing the exciting days of Israel under the high ball and scoring great tries could be replicated soon. Also a supporter of free speech and very disturbed that people accept the role of sporting organisations and sponsors in determining who says what.
Who knows what improvement Israel has in him under new Waratah and Wallaby coaches - better defence positioning and kicking perhaps?
Man can dream!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Nah, just an old guy shouting at the clouds, wishing the exciting days of Israel under the high ball and scoring great tries could be replicated soon. Also a supporter of free speech and very disturbed that people accept the role of sporting organisations and sponsors in determining who says what.
Who knows what improvement Israel has in him under new Waratah and Wallaby coaches - better defence positioning and kicking perhaps?
Man can dream!

One man's dream is another man's nightmare.