• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There was quite a bit of talk at the time that most, if not all, of any potential payout would be covered by insurance. Maybe there wasn't a real high amount to be disclosed in the accounts? The fact the loss was smaller than in 2015 probably adds weight to that thought.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I refuse to read this post in context.

castaway533.jpg

??????????

hoggy

Trevor Allan (34)
Question, Castle has reduced her pay by 50%, but is this just for 3mths ?, if so does she resume her full salary come July. My point is if this for only 3 mths then over 12 months that is what just over 10% pay reduction, am I right ?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Payout plus legals and our woke sponsor likely to go away win/win/win .........

why are you bringing this shit up again, they've said numerous times to stop revisiting this subject because clearly people like yourself and others on here hold contrasting opinions, and wont ever agree to disagree and instead continue to fill the forums with petty arguing about it. Show some self-discipline and acknowledge that people don't agree on the subject, and probably never will.

Reactions: dru

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Jessica Halloran in today's Australian outlines a lot of criticism of RA and Raelene Castle that I agree with.

* RC told the Board in December to ignore the "white noise" criticism from Gregan, Kafer and Kearns.
* The “72 per cent” ranking on their “internal scorecard” shocked some at the AGM.
* An unaudited annual financial report.
* RC's management of TV rights is her worst move as chief executive.
* Much of the $9.4 provisional loss is probably down to a $4m payout to Israel Folau.
I would like RC to stand aside.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jessica Halloran in today's Australian outlines a lot of criticism of RA and Raelene Castle that I agree with.

* RC told the Board in December to ignore the "white noise" criticism from Gregan, Kafer and Kearns.
* The “72 per cent” ranking on their “internal scorecard” shocked some at the AGM.

Im sorry but no one in this world could have predicted COVID19 and the economic ramifications of it, that is evidenced with the number of people dying and the countries reacting the way they have. In's the benefit of hindsight to suggest those negotiations should have been wrapped well before one of the largest economic crisis's this century hit our shores.

Reactions: TSR

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Can we drop the IF thing again?

It has never gone anywhere.

right? those with strong opinions on it need to acknowledge that others also hold strong contrasting opinions, and will never agree about it.

Think about it as a family dinner and your sister-in-law supports the far-right, whilst you support the far-left, if you want a fight its easy to find one, however if you want to avoid ruining dinner for everyone else then just rant about it on the car on the way home.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

* Much of the $9.4 provisional loss is probably down to a $4m payout to Israel Folau.
Can we break this down into reality.

- the fox sports old boy network is white noise. You just have to listen to their dribble to understand this over the years, anyone that doesn’t think so is associated with the small network that would benefit if they did have their say
- 72% would be the score given within the constraints that already exist. I do think they would be better in not having such measures available to criticism, it serves no point for the business.
- unaudited financial result is a direct result of covid-19 there is things that could not be completed because of restrictions on the public
- the tv rights could of been a masterstroke or a failure. We have all complained for years about the status quo and the fox coverage. She was looking at something different
- Israel Folau was a situation of dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. They either keep him on books and lose Qantas sponsorship or they get rid of him and get slammed for doing so. The payout was a situation of winning the case, or having to pay a huge payout and damages which would of been crippling. The went for something in between. It is also a known fact that every WC year a loss is made.

I do not want RC to stand aside. She is doing a thankless job.

It will be time to judge her come start of the season next year if we have a tv deal and our clubs survive.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Im sorry but no one in this world could have predicted COVID19 and the economic ramifications of it, that is evidenced with the number of people dying and the countries reacting the way they have. In's the benefit of hindsight to suggest those negotiations should have been wrapped well before one of the largest economic crisis's this century hit our shores.

What does COVID-19 have to do with any of those points?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

We've had Fox Sports trying to white-ant Rugby Australia for months over the broadcast deal because they want RA to accept a lowball offer. Why is the advice to ignore the criticism from those three poor? Kearns has the double whammy of also wanting Raelene Castle's job.

Who knows about the internal scorecard. It covers a lot of things. Only a moderate portion of it should relate to on field success/failure. It is a scorecard about the performance of RA, not the Wallabies.

I think there are pretty clear reasons why the audit of the financial report hasn't been signed off yet. We are in uncharted territory in terms of the current situation with COVID-19 and many organisations with a December year end are in the same position. Please articulate why this is RC's failure.

What exactly should have been done with the TV rights? Accept the lowball offer from Fox Sports and not take it to market? That would look even more stupid now if we were locked in to a broadcaster who may have a tiny fraction of their subscribers still subscribing once rugby resumes.

Clearly you think Folau should have just been allowed to say what he wants with no repercussions to him even if that proved disastrous for Rugby Australia.