• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That's a huge surprise, McLennan was talking him up just last week or so, though I do wonder if they get confused who does what, as Hamish does most of stuff in press usually left to CEO

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Super Rugby needs to be run by an independent body that is only concerned/self-interested in that competition.

It will forever be sliding backwards in its current state with ties to R.A. and NZRU.
And isn't that meant o be what's happening next year? Perhaps Andy got the job as CEO of that board?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is it? Where can I read that?

"The new agreement will usher in a new governance model for Super Rugby Pacific with the establishment of a nine-person board, which will include an independent Chair, four independent Directors, and one representative each from NZR, RA, the New Zealand Rugby Players Association (NZRPA), Rugby Union Players’ Association (RUPA).

"The Board will oversee the competition with the purpose of a clear, unbiased focus on governance, and the creation of a consistent look and feel across the competition."

• Haha
Reactions: mst

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I'm assuming the independent chairman & board members will be appointed by RA, NZR etc. by consensus: hard to see RA sacking him today then agreeing to make him chairman of the new entity anytime soon. Could possibly be a contender for CEO but that would be a bit provocative on the part of the new board. My bet is he'll turn up back at SARU or maybe WR (World Rugby) if he sticks with rugby at all.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
This isn’t a sacking.

It’s more a reading of the room and moving to save face as there might be workings in the background for a candidate that people wanted or a situation where he has another opportunity with more long term stability.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This isn’t a sacking.

It’s more a reading of the room and moving to save face as there might be workings in the background for a candidate that people wanted or a situation where he has another opportunity with more long term stability.

Unless there's misconduct we don't know about it's a sacking but of the kind where you let the guy leave with his dignity officially intact & a nice severance with attached NDA to the ease the way.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Sigh, Phil Waugh. Seriously? Another banker running Rugby Australia? I've seen that show twice before.

Give us someone who actually has experience managing in a sporting organisation not the financial sector.
Yeah, McLennan just had a bit of a stumble putting out some lame bantz. Please, not a major faceplant by installing Waugh.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Unless there's misconduct we don't know about it's a sacking but of the kind where you let the guy leave with his dignity officially intact & a nice severance with attached NDA to the ease the way.
He’s at RA for another month so 100% isn’t a sacking. Smells of a personal decision because either something better offered or at least something popped up for long term stability because he could see would be potentially moved on in the next 6-12months. Or like you said back in RSA for personal reasons