• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
No matter how much rugby admin sucks, we can never be worse than FIFA. Looks like Saudia Arabia will host 2034 World Cup. Though probably can't guarantee that WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) goes the sport washing route for some extra cash sometime soon.
It’s pretty impressive how comfortable FIFA is with being dirty now. At least the IOC try and deny it.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
The one way to send a message to Rugby Australia is to have it delivered by their major revenue source.

1698747389940.png

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
The one way to send a message to Rugby Australia is to have it delivered by their major revenue source.

View attachment 17847
Yeh I don’t like this tact. All it does is drive subscribers down, which means come negotiations for next deal they will offer less money. Which then I’m sure you wouldn’t be someone that moans about lack of resources?

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Honestly we had a poor World Cup it’s in the past now. We have to try and build for the future.

It’s more important to try and build towards a strong lions tour and home World Cup.

Living down south only a few mates who are rugby die hards even knew the World Cup was on.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Maybe write that email to Rugby Australia then.

Presumably whoever monitors that email address at Stan just categorizes the email and moves on. I highly doubt it will be sent to anyone let alone Rugby Australia.
What have it sent to Rugby Australia a receptionist or marketing intern opens it. Do you reckon they are going to tell the Emperor he has clothes on. - (the Hans Christian Andersen fairytale.)

As opposed to Stan who will have monthly reports as to why subscriptions are up and down with explanation and reason. Most importantly what gets monitored gets actioned in any good business. They will have no issue telling the Emperor he has no clothes.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think in either situation that anyone tells Hamish McLennan.

I just don't think anything more than the Stan email getting filed in "Other" happens though.

Why did people unsubscribe?
a. No longer using the service
b. Price
c. Technical issues
d. Other
e. Hamish McLennan not resigning as Chairman of Rugby Australia

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
What have it sent to Rugby Australia a receptionist or marketing intern opens it. Do you reckon they are going to tell the Emperor he has clothes on. - (the Hans Christian Andersen fairytale.)

As opposed to Stan who will have monthly reports as to why subscriptions are up and down with explanation and reason. Most importantly what gets monitored gets actioned in any good business. They will have no issue telling the Emperor he has no clothes.
Not having a go, but your understandings of how feedback such as this (non-product related; indirect associations to other entities) is handled in large organisations are severely misguided.

The only exception would be in situations which directly impact the brand's public image (e.g., for Qantas during the Folau saga).

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, I've worked in an industry that has A LOT of feedback come through in the past and it's sought by the business and this kind of feedback just gets flicked over by someone in customer service and categorised as "angry individual" and forgotten.

You're correct reports would be run and it maybe included on a feedback list but since you aren't cancelling due to Stan itself providing a bad product they will move on. They would get angry cancellations after some PSG game where they play shit as well.

Think you would get more run in it if you didn't renew a membership to a Super Rugby side or things like that with a direct line.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

simpsons-pneumatic.gif

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Not having a go, but your understandings of how feedback such as this (non-product related; indirect associations to other entities) is handled in large organisations are severely misguided.

The only exception would be in situations which directly impact the brand's public image (e.g., for Qantas during the Folau saga).
Rugby is the only sport of any significance on Stan and unlike sports clubs that have a membership base a Stan subscription is the closest proxy for membership of the Wallabies.

The fact that the ARU is structured in such a way in splendid isolation of direct and pointed feedback is part of the problem.

Its the only path to feedback I can see that has any hope of working.