• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I mentioned in another thread but Nine don’t have any NRL games on a Saturday during the season.

If, however, these times are being influenced at all by Nines NRL overlords that is pretty fucked.

The Suncorp match literally clashes with the final round of club rugby in QLD and NSW.

Are RA hoping to have those games played earlier in the day or at night? Surely something has to change there.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I mentioned in another thread but Nine don’t have any NRL games on a Saturday during the season.

If, however, these times are being influenced at all by Nines NRL overlords that is pretty fucked.

The Suncorp match literally clashes with the final round of club rugby in QLD and NSW.

Are RA hoping to have those games played earlier in the day or at night? Surely something has to change there.
Nine has Saturday night games during the end of the season. Something like the last 5 rounds of the year + finals

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Nine has Saturday night games during the end of the season. Something like the last 5 rounds of the year + finals

I knew they picked up a few more but on the official NRL website all the Saturday games are still listed as only on Kayo and Foxtel.

Anyway if you are right that is decent middle finger to everyone who reckons Nine is miles ahead of the way Fox treated rugby.

A Wallabies test match in a rugby city doesn’t even get precedence over a Sydney derby regular season NRL game?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I knew they picked up a few more but on the official NRL website all the Saturday games are still listed as only on Kayo and Foxtel.

Anyway if you are right that is decent middle finger to everyone who reckons Nine is miles ahead of the way Fox treated rugby.

A Wallabies test match in a rugby city doesn’t even get precedence over a Sydney derby regular season NRL game?
It doesn't make a lot of sense. Wallabies would still draw a much bigger TV audience.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240416-185357.png
    Screenshot_20240416-185357.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 74

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Always thought the nrl schedule was dynamic where they lock in the time of the games for round 2 midway in the season.

I don’t expect that broncos game to be at 530pm but we will see

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
That game v SAF was announced as a 3:45pm kick off back in February - I'm not sure which release is out by an hour. I think it's more about PhilW wanting arvo games than what the NRL are doing. A bit of Column A and Column B as PhilC said elsewhere.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Mentioned it in the other thread, but this is incorrect.
Nine has NRL FTA games on Sat night in the last 5 rounds of the season leading into the finals, been like that for last 6 years.

Last edited:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Not really, considering Fox Sports didn’t always carry all of the Wallabies’ tests in its later years…

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also, this is would have been RA’s decision.

But it’s not surprising that Nine would preference an NRL game for their prime time slot.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Also, this is would have been RA’s decision.

But it’s not surprising that Nine would preference an NRL game for their prime time slot.

Is it a true reflection of our game that the two teams who finished 15th & 16th in the NRL last year get preferential treatment over the Wallabies.

Woweeee.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Are people just realising this now..

It already happened a couple of years ago, Wallabies were bumped onto NineGEM in Sydney and Brisbane because NRL regular season was on Sat FTA