• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby Union (ARU) - Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Fair enough but put it another thread. This is the POSITIVITY thread :)

Apologies for popping the positivity bubble.

Its fantastic and will be highly successful and the other sporting codes will prise the ARU for its marketing! I shall now put my head back in the sand as to not bring any attention to potential humiliating realities. (insert jump, pom-pom shake and go Wallabies cheer here to help restore the mood!)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Apologies for poping the positivity bubble.

Its fantastic and will be highly successful and the other sporting codes will prise the ARU for its marketing! I shall now put my head back in the sand as to not bring any attention to potential humiliating realities. (insert jump, pom-pom shake and go Wallabies cheer here to help restore the mood!)

Does the Pope have a balcony?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm happy with the squad announced today to take on the Saffers. Though many will have their own positional alternatives, it's now up to us all, as "Rugby tragics", to support Cheika's team. Also happy with the choice of Captain, let's hope he get's 'moore' on-field time on Saturday! They must win this one to have any chance in the RWC.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I agree its time that all Rugby people got off their tail bones and went to the game and support their team.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
How is this for positive.

I am in Brisvaegas. Have just been to the Reds Long Lunch. I will be meeting up with more of my Rugby mates from GAGR tomorrow for drinks, lunch, drinks, rugby chat, passing rugby balls through the open windows showroom Volvo sports cars (oops stuff on tour and all that....), a rugby match or two.

What could be more positive than that. THAT is Rugby.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
How is this for positive.

I am in Brisvaegas. Have just been to the Reds Long Lunch. I will be meeting up with more of my Rugby mates from GAGR tomorrow for drinks, lunch, drinks, rugby chat, passing rugby balls through the open windows showroom Volvo sports cars (oops stuff on tour and all that..), a rugby match or two.

What could be more positive than that. THAT is Rugby.

Can you sing?

Every successful team needs a driving force on and off the field - that is why BMW is giving Wallabies fans who attend this Saturdays match at Suncorp Stadium the opportunity to win the Ultimate Fan Experience.

ImageProxy.mvc

VISIT: The BMW Driving Force stand located outside Gate D/E, Caxton Street entrance at Suncorp Stadium Brisbane on Saturday 18 July from 5pm till 8pm AEST.

HOW TO ENTER: Before the game, jump in the driver's seat of a BMW X5 M or BMW X6 M and sing your most passionate version of Waltzing Matilda with the Wallabies. BMW will send you a video of your performance via SMS with the Wallabies inside the car singing with you.

HOW TO WIN: Share your video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #BMWDrivingForce for a chance to win an official 2015 BMW game ball signed by the Wallabies along with a BMW Driving Experience voucher valued at up to $2000. The most passionate and creative fan performance singing Waltzing Matilda will be the lucky winner!Click here to view the terms and conditions.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Can you sing?

Every successful team needs a driving force on and off the field - that is why BMW is giving Wallabies fans who attend this Saturdays match at Suncorp Stadium the opportunity to win the Ultimate Fan Experience.

ImageProxy.mvc

VISIT: The BMW Driving Force stand located outside Gate D/E, Caxton Street entrance at Suncorp Stadium Brisbane on Saturday 18 July from 5pm till 8pm AEST.

HOW TO ENTER: Before the game, jump in the driver's seat of a BMW X5 M or BMW X6 M and sing your most passionate version of Waltzing Matilda with the Wallabies. BMW will send you a video of your performance via SMS with the Wallabies inside the car singing with you.

HOW TO WIN: Share your video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #BMWDrivingForce for a chance to win an official 2015 BMW game ball signed by the Wallabies along with a BMW Driving Experience voucher valued at up to $2000. The most passionate and creative fan performance singing Waltzing Matilda will be the lucky winner!Click here to view the terms and conditions.

LOL.

For me to sing vast amounts of liquor must be consumed by not only me but the unfortunate audience. I've given what I thought were wonderful renditions during the usual karaoke nights only to see obviously poorly edited and doctored footage later that bore no resemblance to my recollection of the performance.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dear GAGR

I am here for you whenever you need me. I am like the favourite blanket when it's cold, I'll be sitting on the shelf or at the bottom of the bed when you need.

You may not like the WC selections, fear not there is much to be positive about.

Best regards
Positivity thread.

:)

T

TOCC

QANTAS re-sign for a further 4 years as the naming rights partner of the Wallabies and Men & Women's Sevens sides, they are also coming on board as a principle sponsor of the Sydney 7's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well their sponsorship of the Wallabies has coincided with an enormous rebound in their fortunes.

Great to see them sign onto the Sydney 7's as well. Really hoping that's going to be a well promoted big event.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Interestingly, the Wallabies are now back up to #2 in the rankings:

avCkEZq.png

Can't be overtaken before the RWC unless: we lose to USA, or the Irish beat the Poms by more than 15 at Stinkers.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
One positive thing is they are getting lost of value out of the 'Wallabies' tag in news articles etc. I have a google alert set up for the "Wallabies" (I think it's actually 'Rugby Wallabies' or something I don't entirely recall), and I had a look at my last 10 or so notifications, 7 of them were actually Waratahs news, and two were Rebels related and one was about animals. So they are getting some really good value out of the "Wallabies" brand.

But more seriously, I think Casteal has the potential to hopefully turn the ARU form being the Sydney Boys Club it at least appears to be. She looks to be a leader in pushing for a Ballymore redevelopment discussion; something I couldn't imagine the previous management doing because it doesn't directly help the ARU nor help Rugby in Sydney.
I do think it's kind of concerning how little attention and 'love' Queensland gets when something like 40% of the professional Rugby Union players come from Queensland, yet it would appear in the past at least that Melbourne is above the pecking order for games etc. I know there are governments involved and funding, but the bottom line always has to be respect your fans. And every indication has been that Casteal can bring us back to that.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Waratahjesus posting on here again is a positive. Welcome back.

From my point of view there are lots of wonderful things still happening in rugby. In CQ we will see the return of women’s rugby this year - based primarily around 7s, and the first ever school girls rugby 7s weekly competition. At least two of the schools proposing to enter are non traditional rugby schools.

We have two local coaches who are running free development sessions for junior boys rugby and they are being very well attended.

I look at the emergence of Super W & the AON 7s and see clear strategies for the growth of rugby which I believe will and have had a positive impact on the interest in rugby and that can only be a good thing in the long run. I already have seen that the emergence of women’s rugby has had positive spin offs wherever it has been embraced.

Status
Not open for further replies.