• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
NZL Pressure is strangling AUS.

Gold Backline offside. PK to NZL. #15 lines up from 40 metres out in centrefield but pushes it wide to the left. No change to score. 30 minutes gone.

Sun now out in Porirua, but there are some very black clouds on the horizon. Either that is the hail storm cells going away, or there is more coming.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
AUS saved by the TMO. NZL winger (#11) just out in the act of scoring. Knee on the chalk.

31 minutes. NZL 14 - AUS 0

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
#15 Black lines up another PK for #5 Gold not releasing tackled player. 35 metres out near Left touch. 3 points and it's oranges.

NZL 17 - AUS 0.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Box kicks not working for Goddard, keep the ball in hand boys.

Two superb conversions from out wide by NZ #15 Trainor & after missing a penalty kick he nails one on H/T for a 17-0 lead.

Oz getting bossed around in the scrums & at the breakdown. Hopefully they'll have a breeze at their backs in the 2nd stanza because we've really struggled to exit.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
The Australian's scrum "posture" and technique is all over the place, way too high - look at how the loose head's ass is higher than his shoulders, not good.
The set piece has to be addressed over oranges. I haven't seen Vui or Asiata play. How are they in the scrum please Qld guys?

Bill McLean (32)
It has been somewhat of a one-sided half IMO!

With that said it has been a great display of running rugby by the NZ Schools team! they have definitely come out with a purpose!

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Oz dressing shed!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Halftime stats not very favourable for the Good Guys.
Possession: AUS 47% NZL 53%
Time in Op half %: AUS 26% NZL 74%
Time in Opp 22m: AUS 0:19s NZL 3:55m
Ruck/Mauls: AUS 22 NZL 21
Penalties conceded: AUS 3 NZL 3
Handling Errors: AUS 1 NZL 7
Missed Tackles: AUS 6 NZL 3

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
At risk of immense hubris, I don't think this New Zealand team is amazing, but I'll probably regret saying that in 40 minutes.

Australia could be doing a lot better, but we just don't seem to have anything in attack. Methinks this game would be a lot closer if our team was selected a little better.

It seems NZ had the breeze in that half - if we pull our head's in we could be a good chance to come back.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I suspect that none of the loosies have been pushing. They have been doing a fair bit of meerkating.

Hopefully Coach Phillpots will remind them that it is an international Schoolboy test, not a routine 1st XV game.
RHL is way too high. LHL then slips up due to bind, 8 is poking his head out pre the ball leaving the halfs hands. Meat and potatoes boys ....

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
At risk of immense hubris, I don't think this New Zealand team is amazing, but I'll probably regret saying that in 40 minutes.

Australia could be doing a lot better, but we just don't seem to have anything in attack. Methinks this game would be a lot closer if our team was selected a little better.

It seems NZ had the breeze in that half - if we pull our head's in we could be a good chance to come back.
I think that we will see plenty of the 15 over the years to come somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.