• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys and National Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

footy-kid

Allen Oxlade (6)
versing England at St Ignatius on 28th Aug, this is after the NSWCCC v QLDCCC match, should be a good day of rugby

K

KeenEye

pat kennedy was the best forward on the ground in the first half against ACt yesterday before he was replaced at half time. I expect him to get a full game on Friday against QLD 1 with Walters possibly playing at 8

It seems Kennedy didn't get much of a run...which is disappointing. Sadly injury last year and earlier this year has probably denied him a more prominent showing in the teams (and selectors eyes).

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Iluvmyfooty

Thanks for the report on the last day.

At some point could you give an assessment of the selections for Oz and Oz A Schools please?

I don't know the Qld lads except those who have played in Sydney for Oz Schools before, and no doubt many of the NSW lads would have stepped up during the nationals - and vice versa - but I would have got many of the selections and non-selections of NSW lads in the Oz teams wrong.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Do they get to play the Kiwis at some stage?

NZ Schools tour here late( after the World Cup?) and games are:

* NZ Schools vs Australia `A' @ S.Marys Stadium -7.00 pm

* NZ Schools vs Australia @ Knox Grammar School - 12.45 pm.

P

philhood

As a sidelight to the final yesterday could someone explian why a NSW 1 player who had an apparent serious leg injury was left on the ground unattended by himself on ground on the eastern side of Ballymore for the best part of 20 minutes. It was only a few minutes after the full time hooter that 3 members of the NSW management 'retrieved' him. The physio went to his aid & a stretcher was called for when he went down. The game continued Qld 1 scored & the physio attended another NSW player behind the goalposts before returning to her position on the western side. There might be some valid explanation but it wasn't a good look.

stonecutter

Chris McKivat (8)
The thing that stands out to me is how many Combined States players have been selected in the 2 AUS teams. This shows that it's not just a token gesture to players who have been overlooked by their state selection panels (McIntyre ? WTF) or weren't available in the trials (BALDWIN) and that these players still have a genuine shot at further selection.
It almost makes you think the system is working although I'm still confused by a couple of selections. The process of each team playing each other over a week in pools with a final playoff day appears to give greater clarity to the selection process and levels out the playing field cosiderably as seen by Victoria and Combined States finishing 4th and 3rd. Perhaps NSW schools could look at implementing something similar?

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
As a sidelight to the final yesterday could someone explian why a NSW 1 player who had an apparent serious leg injury was left on the ground unattended by himself on ground on the eastern side of Ballymore for the best part of 20 minutes. It was only a few minutes after the full time hooter that 3 members of the NSW management 'retrieved' him. The physio went to his aid & a stretcher was called for when he went down. The game continued Qld 1 scored & the physio attended another NSW player behind the goalposts before returning to her position on the western side. There might be some valid explanation but it wasn't a good look.

We observed this too and thought it was not impressive at all. Not only was the player left there, he was obviously in agony, no ice, no medical attention. Slack!

stem

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks Chosen.

Just a novice attempting to help ....hope it works???
21/8/2011 ENGLAND VS AUST U19 SYDNEY
24/08/2011 AUSTRALIA 'A' v ENGLAND OAKHILL COLLEGE - CASTLE HILL - NSW - 3.15PM
28/08/2011 AUSTRALIA v ENGLAND ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE - RIVERVIEW - SYDNEY - 2PM
04/10/2011 AUSTRALIA 'A' v NZ ST MARY'S STADIUM - ST MARY'S NSW - 7PM
08/10/2011 AUSTRALIA v NEW ZEALAND KNOX GRAMMER SCHOOL - WAHROONGA - SYDNEY - 12.45PM

copied and pasted from schoolboys site

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Just a novice attempting to help ....hope it works???
21/8/2011 ENGLAND VS AUST U19 SYDNEY
24/08/2011 AUSTRALIA 'A' v ENGLAND OAKHILL COLLEGE - CASTLE HILL - NSW - 3.15PM
28/08/2011 AUSTRALIA v ENGLAND ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE - RIVERVIEW - SYDNEY - 2PM
04/10/2011 AUSTRALIA 'A' v NZ ST MARY'S STADIUM - ST MARY'S NSW - 7PM
08/10/2011 AUSTRALIA v NEW ZEALAND KNOX GRAMMER SCHOOL - WAHROONGA - SYDNEY - 12.45PM

copied and pasted from schoolboys site

Yeah- I accept `Goose of the Week' award, after leaving the dates out!

stem

Stan Wickham (3)
Delete the above post

Sorry everyone just realised my mistake....that game is scheduled 24/8 2011.:frans:confused:

O

OppO

Its good that you highlighted its a month away because an injury update on the selected boys would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.