• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys and National Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
is there any information on what schoolboys have been selected for the national academy?

Off the top of my head from 2011,

QLD
Curtis Browning
Maile Ngauamo
Pettowa Paraka
Scott Malolua
Sean McMahon

NSW
Alex Northam
Alan Ala'alatoa
Jock Merriman
Mark Baldwin
Michael Wells
Tom Cusack
Waldo Wessels

Is the Elijah Niko selected in the NSW academy the same one who played for the NZ warriors in NRL last year?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
It seems that yes, he is the same however, people on the blog have said that since accepting a spot he has taken a contract with the Cowboys...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I have heard that the selection for OZ schools is being done in two parts this year. First, after the Nationals OZ Schools and OZ A's will be selected to play English Schools (a game each OZ A on the Wednesday and OZ Schools on the Sunday). After these games 44 players will be selected to play a trial in early September to pick the OZ A's and Schools 1st XV to play NZ schools in early October

I see that they did that and there were a few unforced changes for the test against NZ.

I hope they keep doing this provided it can be scheduled in a sensible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.